Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do others assume about you?

I'm not a mind reader so I can't assume what others think of me.
    I have been asked if I'm into men or women (women) and the people who know that I dress know that it is easier to ask me what ever else is on their mind than to assume. I do get asked questions and I do try to give a clear and honest answer.

Sherri I tend to disagree about lesbians though. Many at first are rather stand ofish and a bit snobby to us (we are competion to them). However as they get to know you and see you're not a wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak, they turn out to be great supporters and have given me some of my best complements.
    Actually I find that it is the average married women (as long as it isn't your wife) that seem to "get" us and accept us. At least they feel for the work we need to do to look decent.
    Last edited by Nikki A.; 07-16-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: reply to Sherri

Usually people think I'm a drag queen or a TS. I once overheard the cops taking bets on me. LGBT people sometimes want to get a picture together or dance, which I love. I always get propositioned - even by hetero couples. A little flirting is fun, and I don't judge, but tell chasers who won't let up that "I like girls". Some people think it's perfectly okay to grab my rear or breasts, a few weeks ago some guys lifted me into the air completely and tried to pull my wig off right on the dance floor. Drunk men can be terrifying. I've found it always best to go out with other CDers for safety.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    ...maybe because I am uglier than I think!
    Don't believe a word of what Allie just said. I have been with her three times and she isn't!!!!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I have only been overtly read once and that was by a cabbie in SF. It was actually a very pleasant experience with him asking if I wanted to called Mr. Mrs. Ms - we settled on Ms. Miki and had nice friendly 10 minute ride.

I hopeI handle the first adverse experience with aplomb and keep my Michael anger in check. Miki doesn't have anger issues, Michael does!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Sherri I tend to disagree about lesbians though. Many at first are rather stand ofish and a bit snobby to us (we are competion to them). However as they get to know you and see you're not a wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak, they turn out to be great supporters and have given me some of my best complements.
    Actually I find that it is the average married women (as long as it isn't your wife) that seem to "get" us and accept us. At least they feel for the work we need to do to look decent.
    Sure, some lesbians are stand-offish, but I don't think it has much to do with competition. At any rate, my fav hangout is a lesbian bar and I've been going there for years, and based on my experiences I'll stand by my take.

As for married women, I have had some very pleasant encounters in stores and stuff, but then again, some of the most scathing evil eyes have also been from married women.

Mileage varies, I guess.

Silver Member
    Sandie - I really don't know, or care, what strangers assume or think about me. Just let me be me and let me enjoy doing whatever I am doing. If you are constantly attracting assholes who think you are looking for sex with them, maybe you should go to different places or go to these bars with friends.