Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD or Multiple personality or TG or what???????

CD or Multiple personality or TG or what???????

I would like some clarification if you could help me out. I have for the past 40yrs considered myself a crossdresser. By this I mean I wear women s clothes in preference to male. Only recently I have escalated this to wearing a wig and makeup. Am I still a crossdresser or transgendered. As I have stated many times I would like to go out dressed in a skirt heels etc but cannot because of circumstances (wifes against it) and society. I would even go out (if society allowed) without wig and makeup just with the female clothes. To go to the shop wearing a skirt and heels would be fantastic.
    Here is the confusion - A lot of you lovely people here express no desire to go out as a male in female clothes but have to Pass totally as a female. Is this still classed as crossdressing or is it some other term?
    Recently - since joining this forum, I have become very confused about things that used to be clear to me. I seem to be progressing towards something I dont really understand (or totally want) and its happening very fast. Eloise seems to be fighting to get out, and I dont know how to stop it. I love being Ellie, and I like being me but I am fighting a constant battle with myself.
    Am I unusual in this or is it 'normal'.
    I think I would like to know where its going to end. Given the chance will Ellie take over or do I live a multiple personality life which is difficult. >>>Thanks Ellies male half.

I think by definition all crossdressers are to some extent transgendered. That doesn't mean they are transexuals, who feel called not merely to wear women's clothes but to BE women.

Eloise,
    I dress because it makes me feel so content. So while your at it you might as present as well as you can.
    Also, no matter what you are wearing, isn't Eloise there with you? Do you really have to classify yourself?

I felt the same way. I honestly thought Farrah was going to take over my life at one point. I only had a feminine mindset, and mostly thought of myself as Farrah even in drab. I remember thinking if I had a split personality. I would like some insight on this subject as well.

Aspiring Member
    As to "split personality", perhaps another look at some native Americans description of "Twin Spirits" might give some insight. Or peace.

Ineke

Quote Originally Posted by eloise5104 View Post
    Am I still a crossdresser or transgendered.
    This is impossible to answer, because everyone has a different definition for "crossdresser" and "transgender". I think that both are catch-all terms that describe a wide spectrum of motives and behaviors.

If you're asking whether or not you have a degree of feminine gender ID when you dress, this is possible. But, this does not mean that you are a transsexual (someone who believes she is a woman born in a male body and who needs to transition).

The spectrum is wide indeed. I'd say that most people who post here on a regular basis have some form of gender fluidity, which means they do not identify purely male like men who have no interest in dressing (or who rather are disgusted with the idea), or transsexuals who identify purely as women.

... and then there are the fetishists who dress purely for sexual reasons and who are not interested in dressing outside of the sexual experience. These CDs generally have strictly a male gender ID, but if they are strict fetishists they likely would not be interested in participating here.
    Reine

This is interesting. I've been driven more and more lately to spend more time as Sandie. To push the envelope. And when I do go out I seem to undergo something of a personality change...something I like very much. In some ways Sandie doesn't have all the baggage my male self has...she's new and positive and full of hope. And Sandie is the one who's pushing for my being a better person. And it is a little scary...and confusing. Guess I just have to keep going and see what happens. And maybe that's what you need to do as well Ellie.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Eloise seems to be fighting to get out, and I dont know how to stop it. I love being Ellie, and I like being me but I am fighting a constant battle with myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by eloise5104
    I think I would like to know where its going to end. Given the chance will Ellie take over or do I live a multiple personality life which is difficult. >>>Thanks Ellies male half.
    Your dilemma is valid. Living as the male you were born, or the female you feel you are. There are no easy answers to your questions.

TBS, you can move fluidly from one to the other, if you're able to compartmentalize. Separate the two. Do the "guy" as required, and enjoy the "girl" whenever you get the opportunity.

I can only speak as to what works for me. Five days a week, I go to work as a male to earn a paycheck. I look forward to getting home and enjoying my evening en femme.

On my days off, I generally spend all my time crossdressed, blissfully content.

To sum it up, I actually spend a lot more time in my preferred gender expression (female) than in my assigned gender (male).

I'd say it's a choice to achieve a sort of balance in life... do what you must to make a living, and reap the rewards by enjoying life.

I think you can have it both ways!

As far as the definitions used by most of those on this site seem to be, "transgendered" applies to all, crossdresser through the various stages of transexuality. I have noticed that those who split themselves into 2 identities seem more likely to be traveling the transexual path.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

CD or Multiple personality, who knows! My SO has commented that I act different, walk different, talk different, think different, have different mannerisms when Emo is present (she shows up when she wants too, it doesn't seem to be an on call type of relationship).

The most recent manifestation was being told that I, the manly man that I am, giggled, following a covetous comment about some absolutely scrumptious pink knee high socks.

If you figure out how it will play out, let me know! Heavy sigh!

My male side is still shaking his head in shock and awe, the last couple years have been very interesting to say the least.

Banned Read only
    ...or what???

I would say unduly influenced because of your participation here. I would be more concerned about that than what is the " correct" label for you. You DON'T need a label and having one won't make your life any easier in any way will it?

You seem to be concerned that only recently did you escalate to wearing wigs and makeup. [Probably after coming to this site?] You then go on to say "I would even go out (if society allowed) without wig and makeup just with the female clothes". Well THERE you have it, in a nutshell. You don't really want or need all the "aggravation" of trying to "pass" as a female which IS OK, contrary to the opinions of many Forum Dinos. It is not against any laws that I am aware of and nobody has any right to decide just what is right to wear in public or just what constitutes good taste.

While you CAN blame your wife for not being able to go out "dressed" in any manor you like, DON'T blame Society. Society has no problem with it at all. Surely you don't think ALL the "bad" CDers at this site have any reason to lie about CDing out in the RW do you? What purpose would it serve?

Just because many here claim "the pink fog" is inevitable and or at some point you will likely ponder transition, and that if your wife loves you, she must accept, and that we shouldn't go out in public unless...

Little wonder you might be confused.

You need to find your own path and come to some kind of agreement with your wife. If you are worried it's going to take over your life or ruin your Relationship with your wife, you might want to take a short vacation from this Forum and see if your thought processes change any.

NO one here can give you the proper "definition" for yourself or tell you how or when your journey is going to end up or where it might lead.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 07-16-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Elie, I can only tell you how I feel about why i dress. I like what Reine has to say and as a gg she has a unique vantage point and very good insight on us. As for me I am both male and female, and in years past these two have warred with each other. I've never completely identified as a male but for some time fought to do so. This would make me miserable and confused and finally I would dress en femme and feel normal. Generally the next day I would be disgusted and would wonder what was wrong with me. All of this guilt was associated with social norms of which I didn't fit in, so I was different and therefore there must be something wrong with me. Acceptance has been the key for my peace of mind. Once I was able to accept myself then I was able to embrace Kandy and set her free. She is me, I am her, and we all coexist in a male body. Duel personality, no for I am both him and her and I accept that. Once I "found myself" so to speak I've found I prefer to identify with my feminine self and today that's just fine, I'm comfortable as Kandy and john q public s opinion of me doesn't make me any less than the warm hearted and kind person that I am.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

As I have aged I have found that I need to be known as a woman more and more, I have been a female virtually 24/7 for almost ten years. Now mind you I have never transitioned or (really) considered it, but the need to express my female side and declare to the world who I am has became a great crusade. ELLIE, my thoughts are with you darlin as you progress on your journey-BEST WISHES !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    You are what you are. But you are also in the process of becoming what you will be. No one totally fits into one classification or another, so I find them meaningless except as vague signposts. I used to like to tell myself I enjoyed cross dressing, and there was something of an erotic component, but it's more complicated than that now. I feel like my feminine self is growing fast and may soon be the biggest, best part of me. So where do I fit in now and where am I going? Then my wife, the number two stakeholder in my life, needs to have her feelings considered as well. I need to be girly and she still needs me to be the man she married. A tough balance when I own more dresses than her! So life bumps and lurches along between the pigeonholes.

GG
    Gosh, I hope you do take Wildaboutheels advice and take a little time away from the forum. I'm a GG and about to do the same as while everyone here is very helpful, thoughts on this topic get tangled about and you may decide you're something you're not. I was doing this with my husband and I would feel very sad for you and your family if you shifted along a path you didn't plan on taking because you felt online encouragement or pressure or whatever. Sometimes group mentality is bad for individual growth - it's like being back at high school!

Explore who you are, for sure, but do it with your family and not strangers on a website. Just my two cents from a wife who'd be very sad to find her husband writing the things you have written here x

For me, I am sure that I will never become Stephanie full time, so no, she will never take over. But she does and will always need to be let out occasionally.
    Stephanie

You never have to be someone you don't want to be or try to fulfill some nebulous paradigm. Being yourself is sufficient, whoever that "self" happens to be but it sometimes takes courage to be able to do that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Crossdresssing is what someone does. Transgender refers to what someone IS. Yes you do crossdress, but only you can determine if it is a transgender thing. I never dressed from head to toe with wig and makeup until about a year ago and it kind of exploded after that. However I have had the desire to BE a girl since my earliest childhood memories.

Don't fight it. Explore and find out who you are. No need to feel frightened of you.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Platinum Member

Just Happy To Be Able To Crossdress !!

Hi Ellie, For me Crossdressing is just a part time job, I save the labels for soup cans
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I seem to be progressing towards something I dont really understand (or totally want) and its happening very fast. Eloise seems to be fighting to get out, and I dont know how to stop it. I love being Ellie, and I like being me but I am fighting a constant battle with myself.
    Am I unusual in this or is it 'normal'.
    One personality, different expressions of the same.
    At least that's how I see it.
    And, somewhere in there is the balance.
    As I see/understand it, crossdressing is part of the broad spectrum that is being transgendered.
    Really a word - let me put it another way, from where I am.
    I am a genetic male, who is a husband & father, son and grandson.
    This is (part of) who I am.
    I need to express myself in the feminine in some way all of the time,
    (ie no body hair, painted nails, sculpted brows)
    and (recently discovered) need to express myself completely in the feminine some of the time.
    How often? not sure yet.
    I am sure it will be less than I'd like to, for various reasons, but finding the balance is the fun bit.
    My perspective, anyhow.
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It doesn't have to lead anywhere you don't allow it to.
    Finding a balance is the key to coexisting with both sides of your personality.
    I find it fruitless to try and find the box you fit in or label that fits you.Just because you do A does not mean B and C will happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    This is impossible to answer, because everyone has a different definition for "crossdresser" and "transgender". I think that both are catch-all terms that describe a wide spectrum of motives and behaviors.

If you're asking whether or not you have a degree of feminine gender ID when you dress, this is possible. But, this does not mean that you are a transsexual (someone who believes she is a woman born in a male body and who needs to transition).

The spectrum is wide indeed. I'd say that most people who post here on a regular basis have some form of gender fluidity, which means they do not identify purely male like men who have no interest in dressing (or who rather are disgusted with the idea), or transsexuals who identify purely as women.

... and then there are the fetishists who dress purely for sexual reasons and who are not interested in dressing outside of the sexual experience. These CDs generally have strictly a male gender ID, but if they are strict fetishists they likely would not be interested in participating here.
    That sums up my feelings too, well said.

In addition, I think you're going through what many of us with gender identity issues have gone through or will go through. You've suppressed this part of yourself, either consciously or subconsciously, for many years, and once you crack open the door, it all starts flooding out and it can be a surprise even to us.

That's why I feel VERY strongly that anyone dealing with dressing or gender issues should start working things out as soon as is possible in life and it's important to not get involved in a close relationship with anyone, as a spouse/SO will almost always be resistant to us making major changes to who we are. That makes things much more complicated and difficult, and others end up getting hurt more often than not when we can't change who we are and/or where we're going.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I don't think you have changed, just upped the stakes a little.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The women who know Nikki seem to be more comfortable with me than other guys, even women who don't know about my dressing seem more open to me. I had one friend ask another friend if I was a CD, my friend thought I had told her and confirmed it. I asked that friend what made her ask in the first place, she told me I had a feminine aura, not gay, but feminine. I go out as Nikki and as me also (Nikki has the nicer clothes) and am comfortable either way in the muggles world. I know (for now) that I like both sides of me and I think I'm heading for more of a blending rather that a change, one way or another. I'm not comfortable semi dressing, either I want to present one way or another. However there are certain non obvious favorites that I mix in with my drab clothes.
    So what I'm saying is, does that make me a CD or TG, who cares as long as I'm content. Just get to a level where you're satisfied.

I'm with Nikki. I leave and Labeling to the lawyers and demographics experts.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning