Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curious-half dressed?

Just curious-half dressed?

Im just curious why some of us go out half dressed? Ie: not dressed to pass as the opposite gender.
    I started that way, and it got more and more over time... Do you want to be seen as a feminine male, or as a non passing guy in a dress? (Fully made up).
    Your thoughts on this subject would be appreciated. ..

I would rather be approved as a guy who likes to wear skirts and heels - without any attempt to pass.

Deedee

I consider myself fortunate to even pass as one of the human race. Right now I am in my real life test, so I dress as who I am all the time. I use a bare minimum of cosmetic enhancement as it is way too hot to put on all the warpaint. All I really look for is acceptance.

Bobbi

I just want to be accepted as another person living on this big blue marble.....regardless of how I am dressed.

How others see me is their business Hon. I don't dress for anyone but myself. In any case, I never go out "half dressed" as you say. It's usually all or nothing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    To answer your question, some of us go out half dressed because it's the best we can do and not look weard dressed as a female. If we were blessed to be able to pass as some CDs are we would dress totally fem. Common sence prevails. We enjoy dressing fem, the clothes fit and feel very nice, we take it as far as we can without being outed and embarassed, sometimes we push it a little further and get into the danger zone just to see what we can get away with or maybe a little shock factor. There is a 25 yearold M to F CD on this forum and her pic's show her to be a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10, if we half-dressers could look like her half dressing would disappear.

for me it is a question of comfort more than trying to be something I clearly am not. I love to wear skirts especially in hot weather and of course you cannot beat the feel of silk panties

Platinum Member
    Hi Alexis, Although I don't go out, when I dress I want to look as feminine and natural as I can .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I never wear wigs or make up and I will generally go out dressed in women's clothing. You can see an example under the pic forum. Might have to look through my page to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    Im just curious why some of us go out half dressed? Ie: not dressed to pass as the opposite gender.
    I started that way, and it got more and more over time... Do you want to be seen as a feminine male, or as a non passing guy in a dress? (Fully made up).
    Your thoughts on this subject would be appreciated. ..
    I do not go out "half dressed" although I'm usually wearing panties. I do not like to draw attention to myself or deal with looks and comments.

The few times I've been out in public I did my best to appear female, but still without drawing attention to myself.

I don't understand the attraction or reasoning of going out as a "man in a dress".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi.

Well it would not matter what i wear. i wear Edwardian , 1900' - 14, Renaissance garb 1400 -1700 yes lovely to wear & be seen in by many 1000's of people, day wear normal womens clothes & evening wear, rather nice & pretty, some of my clothes are stricking . other clothes are work clothes nothing out of the ordenery .

So for the ? how do i wish to be seen. or how im seen. two very different answers here for myself. a feminine male that would bring a different aspect to myself, never thought i could, so no . now a non passing male, no, now, this fully made up. heck that would be pulling it a bit to have an effect on myself dought that very much. let alone would work, again no.

makeup is a non event sad to say. so ill just have to say. for one who does not have that female look about her theres not much she can do to look more like a female , did makeup for two years now dont even bother, & when you dont have those female facial features you justhave to live with what you have,

if you get rejected because of that then you feel sad, though being accepted for who you are then you know its not how you look or not , its who you are as a person who becomes part of the community & socity, so theres a big difference ,
    Yes i lack a few details as a female & i have some nice aspects about myself so i work on those, so how i look or what i wear, does not become an issue, im just accepted , so this over comes my lacks, & fail points,

...noeleena...

Thanks for all of your input. As I have been "evolving" into what I am now, I was still unsure of things, and tried, little things, a bit at a time. I think I did that to not make it too obvious to other people around me, and it was easier to make up excuses for....
    I have since then realized that it is not what I want anymore, but in fact to present as female as possible, or in other words, dressed up like i should be.

One thing I should point out is that I don't, by any means, consider myself any kind of "femme fatale" and even on one of my best days don't hold a candle to a woman. What I do hope is that my presentation shows others that I am confident in being myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I also wonder at what I see as a half hearted attitude.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I guess I would say I partially dress feminine because that is all I can do for today. Living for today is very important to me but "life sometimes gets in the way of living."

Two words... Fashion Freedom.

Even though it will probably never happen, I would like to pass and be acceptable. However, I'm fine with being a man in a dress, but I want to look good doing it!

I go out either as a male or female, at times while wearing drab I still am wearing panties and female eyewear. I haven't been out as a male in I would guess 5-6 weeks.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 07-17-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I am working towards being able to go out in a skirt. I plan to at least wear a hiking kilt to work, and maybe a skirt. the other day I went tout to use the barbecue in a skirt and t-shirt. The male neighbor saw me and said Hi, we had a brief conversation, later his wife saw me. Not absolutely sure they actually noticed, but it would have been hard to miss. No negative reaction, at least, not to my face. I made no attempt to pass, I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds, my head is shaved.

I just want the freedom to wear what I want, as long as it meets minimum standards of decency.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

There's absolutely no way I could pass but I still enjoy going out with as much en femme as I can possibly expect to get by with. Panties always, bra and pantyhose when I can, camisole when appropriate, toenails always but not loud colors, perfume (I love Chantilly), modest jewelry, and that's about it. But, it makes me feel as good as I'm ever going to feel. And I love it, especially to shop that way.

Aspiring Member
    My $0.02 is.......

I don't go out 1/2 dressed or fully dressed in female clothing among the general population. Too many people would point and yell Sasquatch!! They do that anyway! (just kidding).

I would love to wear a skirt from time to time to work or when out running errands, and I love wearing nylons and heels when practical. But it just seems to make folks uncomfortable and I am sure many even on this forum, would not approve of how I look dressed. I just aint built to pass as a gg.

For me dressing is not about "passing" it is about wearing what I like. I am hoping for the day when a man in heels, nylons and a skirt is accepted.........after all, that's what I am! (and at this exact moment in time..... I mean that quite literally!! love these new peeptoes)

Seana

So far I underdress and wear women's jeans 24/7 and I wear women's sneakers.I still need the courage to wear make-up and a wig. Only time will tell.

I suppose I fit the criteria you describe. I've only done a full fem makeover once.. bought a wig and had my makeup done at a salon and walked around Chicago a bit. Frankly, I didn't really enjoy it so I'm not sure if I'll ever try again. It wasn't really a bad experience.. I think I just learned that I wasn't interested in going all the way I guess?

Honestly though, most of my dressing happens at home or at night. I shave, I wear forms and the like, but I really don't try to pass. No wig and the only makeup I ever really do is lipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    I prefer to go all out, but haven't gone out crossdressed in many years. I'm just starting to get back into it.

Meanwhile, I do like wearing women's underclothes and jeans in a way that no-one has noticed (or at least commented on.) I feel good having a little secret.

I am often "half dressed" when at home. Full outfit, including heels but no wig or makeup. But I wouldn't go out that way. Heck, I'm too nervous going out fully dressed let alone half dressed.