Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just curious-half dressed?

I half dress quite often. It isn't either of not to pass or to be a feminine male it is simply I love the clothes. Sure I love the hair, makeup, and nails too but time doesn't always allow . Also I have no delusions that I will ever pass. It is more me being me. Trust me if society would allow me to wear heals, nails painted, and a cute dress I would totally be all over it. Why because I simply LOVE it love feel everything. Pass shmass.

I have thin arched waxed eyebrows, pierced ears, shaved all over and long arylic nails with a light pink polish. Whenever I am out I wear 100% girls clothes be it leggings, jeggings, skinny or bootcut jeans. Girls T's, all from the junior department, and the tighter the better on the bottom. I wear girls heeled sandals that show off my painted toenails. Girls braclet and necklace, purse, light make-up, lip gloss....Is that girly enough in male mode??

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't dress to pass or to present as a woman. I dress the way I want to and most of the time I dress in a mix of both male and female. Sometimes I dress all in women's clothes but I present myself as a man in a dress. I am not fooling anybody, even if I wore a wig and overdone make up. Some people here are in denial about how much they think they "pass" I would rather be ME than try to pass my self off as a bad imitation of a woman.

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    I would rather be approved as a guy who likes to wear skirts and heels - without any attempt to pass.

Deedee
    Ditto. What's so wrong about a guy in a suit jacket and long'ish skirt? (rhetorical question) The upper fashion designers and a small number of celebs are attempting to present this as fashionable. Time will tell but I hope it soon becomes a reality and socially acceptable.

I would not mind just going out in heels and a skirt with a t-shirt on and not being made up... but only because of time/convenience. The reality is that I have to don the wig AND make up to be at least passable to avoid any issues others may have. Maybe someday I can grow my hair out

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    I would rather be approved as a guy who likes to wear skirts and heels - without any attempt to pass.

Deedee
    Except for heels I second your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    I just want to be accepted as another person living on this big blue marble.....regardless of how I am dressed.
    That's a very good observation.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-12-2013 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

I really appreciated reading everyone's responses on this thread - I think I am in the minority of site members in that I remain in the closet with my family, I have dressed and been out but only with extensive assistance from a make-over artist, I don't have the time to dress often and when I do it usually is insufficient to really get made up and go out. All that having been said, I have been out totally en femme and have passed (or at least no negative comments) as an older woman (and I am older). I wish that I had the body and age to be a young woman, but I don't, so for me, I'm usually simply wearing a dress or skirt at home with a nice bra panties and slip. Would love to be more en femme, but balance is critical and I'm not prepared to give up many other things to dress and pass on a regular basis. And I really respect those with the time and drive to do so...
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Linda Allen wrote: I don't understand the attraction or reasoning of going out as a "man in a dress". At the present time the society does not approve of that. But I think we are expressing our wish to be able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    One thing I should point out is that I don't, by any means, consider myself any kind of "femme fatale" and even on one of my best days don't hold a candle to a woman. What I do hope is that my presentation shows others that I am confident in being myself.
    I beg to disagree with you. Judging by your avatar you look much better than some women I know. Be proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Seana Summer View Post
    My $0.02 is.......

I don't go out 1/2 dressed or fully dressed in female clothing among the general population. Too many people would point and yell Sasquatch!! They do that anyway! (just kidding).

I would love to wear a skirt from time to time to work or when out running errands, and I love wearing nylons and heels when practical. But it just seems to make folks uncomfortable and I am sure many even on this forum, would not approve of how I look dressed. I just aint built to pass as a gg.

For me dressing is not about "passing" it is about wearing what I like. I am hoping for the day when a man in heels, nylons and a skirt is accepted.........after all, that's what I am! (and at this exact moment in time..... I mean that quite literally!! love these new peeptoes)
    Seana
    You express my sentiments exactly!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-12-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

Being in the closet,I only dress up when home alone.

So at the moment I'm wearing my favourite pair of guy jeans, a great little flowing wrap around flowy tunic blouse and a gorgeous pair of peep toe quilted heels. I like the half and half look because I think I look good as me. Not good as a woman or good as a man but good as "me" Sometimes I want to dress fully but sometimes I prefer a half/half look. If the outfit works, I think you should go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by alesha_cd View Post
    My goal when I go out is to present as female as much as possible, otherwise I wouldn't feel feminine. I want nothing of my male self to be present (to the extent that it is possible).
    Exactly my thoughts too, Alesha! Well if I where ever to go out that is
    Transgender girl

Still clinging to gender roles I see. You have to be either male or female. Clothes are either male or female clothes. LABELS LABELS LABELS. If you wear a skirt you have to go full fem otherwise your half assing it. You people are so no better then society superficial. This is what keeps most of you from going outside. You cling to a fantasy. "CAN NOT" seems to be very dominant in your vocabulary.

When I present as male I a m doing just that presenting as male. However I barely wear male clothing anymore, but at the same time the things I wear out don't scream female either aside from my purse or some nail polish o3o

I'm at a point where I just wear what I please

To answer your question, i like to underdress when i go out so no one real knowes but me and thats good for me

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBI G. View Post
    ....I use a bare minimum of cosmetic enhancement as it is way too hot to put on all the warpaint. All I really look for is acceptance. Bobbi
    "Way too hot" is even more true with me. Part of me just wants to have the choice of light comfortable clothes are are not shorts or tee shirts. I like color and fun fabric.

Most of the GGs that I knew in Florida and those here don't wear a lot of make up. For me, it's bad enough to have to wear sunscreen.

Underdress a lot. Panties pretty much 24/7. Cami, bra, or sports bra when I can. Very lite makeup when not at work and I'm sure i won't be noticed. Would love to go out & think I will at some point & to some degree, but will have to wait. Hard to blend in a 6' 3" 208 lb fairly athletic gal at the mall. No doubt I'll stand out like a sore thumb.

Megan

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I don't understand the attraction or reasoning of going out as a "man in a dress".
    For some of us (including myself), while dressed we don't feel female or have a female persona, therefore we don't want others to consider us as female or treat us as female.

Thus, if out in public in a dress, I would not be trying to 'pass'.; I would not wear a wig or makeup. I'd just be myself. In a dress lol
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Personally I dress in underclothes only mainly because fully dressed I would make a really ugly woman and don't wish to draw that type of attention to myself. During Halloween I can get away with it, or during a special event where my wife and I can go together. However as an everyday thing I could not. Most of the pictures I have seen on this site show beautiful women. I only wish I could pass as easily.

I have never had the desire to be a woman. I have almost always had a love for soft and silky fabrics. That lead to the desire to wear skirts, etc. There is a desire in me to wear women's clothes, but not to be a girl. I, for some reason, don't need it. I used to try to pass as a woman for the purpose of going out in women's wear. Therefore, I basically only went out on Halloween. I am a tall V-shaped man. I started going out wearing pantyhose with shorts. Eventually, I went out in all women's androgynous clothes in shorts. Then I switched to a skirt. This was the first time I was obviously dressed in feminine clothes. I realized it felt different. There was no longer the "Did they notice?!?" thing going on in my head. Either they saw me or they didn't. I was obviously crossdressing. It felt kind of freeing. I was no longer frightened about keeping a secret or something. I found the freedom that came with dressing as a man in a skirt both freeing and terrifying. The fear diminished.

When I go out these days, I wear a top that I could probably wear with my men's wear and not look too unusual. I wear a conservative skirt that goes to my knees. I wear pantyhose (possibly an addiction) and I wear reasonable heels or flats. I dress (in styles and colors) like a plain but dressy woman my age would dress (except I wear hose. ). When I go out, I do not go to clubs, etc. I go to malls, grocery stores, restaurants, etc. I would like to start doing volunteer work while dressed.

I'm just happy being comfortable, no matter how "dressy" I am. Sometimes that means a pair of men's sweatpants (if I'm just going outside to do a little work on the garden) because they are convenient, sometimes it means whatever I have on.

fully female or fully male

I have enough anxiety going out fully dressed in ladies wear that I couldn't bear doing out half dressed. Not that I really pass, but at least maybe only 50% of those who see me pick me out as opposed to 100% when half dressed. Plus I simply love the full package, wink, wink.

I go out half-dressed usually in a skirt and t-shirt. It's too dang hot around here sometimes to wear something that seals up the crotch. As a result, there are certain activities I can engage in with my wife that don't suffer from sweaty balls....

I still do it when it's cooler, because a cool breeze blowing up a skirt feels fantastic (not a sexual feeling at all!).

I guess you could say I go out half-dressed because I'm a guy who dresses for comfort, and I'm just fulfilling the masculine stereotype by wearing a skirt.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I'm really not sure what "half" dressed might imply but, now that I think of it, I've only been fully dressed with make-up one time. Hmm? I guess being dressed other than fully male, at some level of gender blending, is the desired acheivement. I'm currently staying in a motel with an indoor pool and a breakfast bar. I only brought breastforms, night gown, silky robe and two bras with me. The first day here I enjoyed shopping at Sears and Payless in guy mode but with obvious proportional projection. This morning, I put on a nice one piece swimsuit, Sears clearance, $5.00, with forms and went down the elevator to the pool for a nice morning swim. It was heavenly. I was drying off and one of the staff walked through the area and had to notice the slender older gentleman with the nice boobs wrapping a towel around his head. Nothing was said. Back in the room, I changed into jeans, bra with forms, tight form fitting top and some great high heeled ankle boots from Payless. As I approached the breakfast area, I scanned to see how the area looked. I avoid groups with small children or clusters of males. There were two elderly couples already seated and three other women that I respectfully jockeyed around to toast a bagel and get two cups of coffee. I got a few nice smiles and "good mornings" and made my way back to my suite. It's certainly difficult to hide prominant protruberances when your hands are full carrying things.
    So yes, all of my gendventures are less than 100% M or F. Hmm? Maybe this outfit for the flight home. I did find a great low plunge LBD at Sears!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!