Thread: Transgender student in Halifax?

Transgender student in Halifax?

I saw a student (I think a student) en femme at my university in Halifax today (inside my building, in fact). I thought she was just another girl until she spoke, causing me to double-take. She was chatting away with one of the professors down the hall.

If she's reading this (and I hope she is): Firstly, I must applaud your bravery! I'm relatively "out there" (several of my work colleagues have now seen me en femme), but you're really doing well.

Since you were in my building, we're probably studying the same subject. It may even be that I'll be one of your lecturers when classes start.

If you feel like catching up for a nitter-natter, please PM me.

- Becky
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi

I would ask the professor what she was studying and from that you may get an idea.
    I have seen a sprinkling through univerdities in my time.
    In order to get to know them you need to have a common interest in their group.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well... I'm not sure how appropriate it would be for me to ask about a specific student (particularly when I don't know them). I might be lucky and see her at the upcoming Pride events. I think I'll make a decent effort to attend these things, since I know there's at least one other person like me who's willing to get out and about. There's a number of transgendered-themed events; I quite like the idea of this one:

THE SWINE
    9:00 pm
    $6
    Atlantica Hotel, Guild Hall, 1980 Robie
    Street
    Eureka Love hosts as Drag Queens transform
    boys who have never done drag into beautiful
    princesses. The new queens then compete for
    the title of “The Swine”.
    - Becky
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi