Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So What's with Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    As far as I can tell, Walmart is the shopping place of choice for some of the homliest people on the planet. Not everyone who go's there, mind you, but enough to have garnered that unenviable reputation. Is that why so many CD's like to go shopping there? So they'll fit in! I avoid the place like the plague even in boy mode.
    Walmart has a number of stores that are open 24 hours/day. If you come home, have dinner with the family, wait for the kids to go to bed, and maybe even wait for your wife to go to sleep, and THEN you want to get pretty and go shopping, it could be well after midnight before you even make it out your door. Walmart also offers a very wide variety of sizes and appropriate styles for each size. If you want to go shopping at 2 AM and need plus size and don't want to end up looking like an old grandmother (like 96 year old), then there aren't a lot of other choices.

For those who are first coming out, a "Super-Store" is a good place to go at 2 AM because you can use the fitting rooms without anyone making a fuss, and you can actually try on the clothes before buying them. When you get to larger cities in the north, you see more of these types of stores, such as Fred Mayer in Anchorage Alaska, or Mier in the midwest. Walmarts are all over the country, and pretty much any city with over 1/2 million people has at least one WalMart superstore. There is usually such a store less than 30 minutes away.

Do the fashions inspire - heck no! That can be an advantage though. There are more of the clothes that will make it easier to "Blend", to look just like the other 100 women on the mall, rather than so good looking that you are either a hooker or a drag queen. Nothing wrong with being a drag queen, if that's what you want, but if you want to just be able to walk around in a shopping mall, or have dinner at a restaurant, you probably want some clothes that are nice, but as ordinary as the clothes other women wear on ordinary days.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Walmart-the place I get my makeup, most of my clothes, hygeine supplies and some cheap amazing food. For the record to the OP when I go out its never to Walmart. I prefer the malls, movies, parks and restaurants so you're dead wrong assuming we go there to "fit in". OP quit talking out of your butt.

Walmart is what it is.
    It does have variety and something for every one.
    That's why people go there.
    Cross dressers and transgendered people are in the minority there, yet Walmart gets more space on this board than Suzy's boutique.
    Why?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I go to Wal-Mart frequently. However, I have never bought any fem items there. Why not? I find their style of clothing is not attractive. I have bought many graphic tee shirts, toys, DVD's and select food items. Wal_mart is NOT necessarily the cheapest priced store in town. WM makes it appear so, but, you have to comparison shop.

It is also true many manufacturers make items specifically for WM. To meet WM's required price the manufacturers have to cut corners and quality. I've bought packaged white men's tee shirts which do look like a bargain, but, after wear and examination the tees were of lighter weight. In the end, not worth the price.

I see many military personnel in my area in WM. In the end you get what you pay for.

As to how patrons are dressed. I will agree the customers dress a lot more casual than the JCPrnny crowd. And, that includes me.

Oh, correction: I have bought WM thigh highs and pantyhose by George.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I shop there sometimes so I guess I'm a un classy person.
    Its convenient for me to stop there.Prices cheaper? not always but they have a lot of selection.
    Why pay $10.00 for a bag of charcoal when I can get the same brand for $7.95? Economics and being a wise shopper IMO.
    Go ahead shop for clothes at Talbott's and pay $90.00 for the same top you can get for $30.00.
    I live in a snobby neighborhood but see my neighbors in Wal Mart all the time.Save more spend less YMMV

Hi,

Walmart serves my purposes in terms of value for the same item at another store and with a near hassle free return policy on most things. What's not to love about that? I pay little attention to who is shopping next to me. I'm there for value and nothing else. While Walmart certainly offers the most to the lowest income shopper, many far above that bracket shop there for value, like me. So I think Walmart addresses the broadest spectrum of shoppers more than any other big store chain that I've encountered. I'm not sure what the connection to less than the prettiest of people is. The same people that go there also patronize other local businesses but there's no note taking on those places.

Off to Walmart to buy some BBQ supplies for this weekend.

Cheers,

Kalista
    Last edited by Kalista Jameson; 07-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

I live in a small town and often Walmart is the only option for some things cuz they've driven so many local stores out of business. Not cool. They funnel money out of town like a fire hose. Not cool. And they should change their name to Cheap Crap Made In China. Not cool. For the most part, their fashions are cheaply made and ill-fitting. Not cool. Getting knowledgeable help is a joke. Not cool. They treat their employees like serfs. Not cool. They do relatively little to support the community. Not cool.

And yeah, there seems to be a higher concentration of slobs in Walmart stores, but that's not Walmart's fault. Doesn't mean I like having to look at them, though.

Can you tell I'm not a fan?

Follow your dream.
    I have no problem with Walmart and shop there often. Their prices are good, decent selection / variety and always open. I earn a good salary and can afford to shop anywhere but choose to spend my money where I get convenience and bang for my buck. Walmart is good enough for me.

I have seen more people staggering drunk, but doing their grocery shopping, at Walmart, than everywhere else combined. I think it the only retailer that allows patrons that can just barely walk, to enter their premises. I don't shop there cause anyone in a nascar hat, with their sunglasses perched on the brim, and git er done tattooed on their forehead,(and that's the women!) probably doesn't see eye to eye with some of my choices.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 07-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TatianaJames View Post
    Walmart-the place I get my makeup, most of my clothes.................
    Well if ever Walmart need an advert, this should be it.

I think many of us here would aspire to (or is that dream of) achieving Tatiana's look and style.

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Point taken, reb.femme.

Can't speak for all the Wal-Marts, and who am I to throw the first stone in the looks department.. But as far as the Wal-Mart that services our neighborhood the employees are very nice. The customer base is "normal" looking as with any other store I've gone to. Prices really have no bearing since it's convenience to me.

But let me say this..... Before we tear apart someone or where they spend their time, maybe we should evaluate ourselves. I mean really.. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THIS WEBSITE! MY gawd there are some out of the norm people here!!!!! Dirt cheap to. Haven't spent a dime the whole time I've visited it. Speaking of Ugly people... I just looked in the mirror this morning and scared myself half to death

Don't need money to feel rich
    Don't need to be pretty to feel good about yourself

Again.... who feels they should cast the first stone?

--------------------------------------------------

"It's better to remain silent and thought of a fool than to open ones mouth
    and remove all doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina133 View Post
    I never go in there but it has nothing to do with the customers. I dont shop there for three principal reasons: First, i don't like the predatory policies in terms of pricing. Second, i think their employees are rude. Third, i think the quality of their stuff is sub par.
    Sabrina said what I was thinking.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

[Moderator Hat On]

I think that we've all had a chance to express our feelings about Wallyworld, and since the thread isn't really addressing CDing I'm going to close it.

If anyone would like to start a new thread that more specifically relates to CDing please do.

Thanks, Eryn