Thread: Amoena contact forms question

Amoena contact forms question

A while ago I acquired a pair of Amoena contact light forms in a 48D (size 13). they come in left and right and have a self stick adhesive. I don't seem to get great adhesion. They don't move around but seem to always be separating and gaping a little at the top. Anyone have these? Could I be doing something wrong? I got them brand new and at a good price about 6 months ago and just decided to start using them. Because they are self stick I was hoping to be able to use regular bras rather than the pocket bras. I went with these because I had reactions to the Hollister's.

I am wondering if I am skipping something when I put them on.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think that any form of that dimension would have a hard time sticking without support.

Even with an adhesive, this size is too heavy to stick on it's own.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

I was afraid of that so that's why I got the lights. They weight about half what my Janet"s closet forms do. Wait are you saying I have big boobs? LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the contact forms and love them.
    NO, they don't stick like conventional forms with the Hollisters adhesive, but they are much easier to use, wear and clean. They do stick well enough to wear a regular bra (I never wear a pocket bra) and yes they do separate from the skin a bit. Owing to the size of your forms I don't believe that they will ever stick the way others will using conventional adhesive, but they do feel wonderful on, they don't feel at all like they are "stuck on" and they come off and clean so easily. They don't shift about in the cups and those are the primary reasons most purchase them...myself included.
    I never intended to go braless with them and I certainly don't wear anything revealing that would let other see I'm wearing forms. That would kind of defeat the purpose in my mind.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Light forms with permanent adhesive are fine in smaller sizes.
    Wearing large ones as you do have restrictions and work well with a close fitting bra.
    They do become part of you and have the right amount of ride and movement in them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have the similar Amolux forms and while the adhesive keeps them in place, they need a bra or tight fitting top. Also, there is a skin prep that should be used along with washing the forms after each use.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

My Amoena forms are still in great shape with the exception of the adhesive. After about 8 years now they seem to be loosing their stickyness. They have gotten dirty of course and I shampoo them regularly. But nothing lasts forever. Anyone know if Amoena will "refurbish" them?
    (Don't mean to highjack thread Michelle - just seemed a natural question since your asking about adhesiveness).

Platinum Member
    I can only echo Cheryl's comments. I never wear a pocket bra with my Amoena contact forms. The adhesion is very good, but these are not cemented on. With time and perspiration the edges will loosen. Mine are considerably smaller...size 8 triangle shaped...and may eventually let loose just a tad, but on the other hand, I've worn them with a bra top and they've stayed put pretty well.

The only other thing I would add is to religiously and thoroughly clean the adhesive. It's recommended to brush with oil free soap and a bristle brush for three minutes after each wearing. This gets oil, skin and other debris out of the adhesive.

The other important thing is to clean the area of skin they adhere to with a detergent like shampoo or dishwashing liquid and to remove all the dead skin cells in that area, then rinse thoroughly, dry and go over the area with alcohol to remove as much oil as possible. It sounds as if the adhesive coated side isn't very flexible, but the closer you can get to having full contact with the skin, the better off you are.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)