Thread: NOt sure what to make of it

NOt sure what to make of it

I haven't really had the desire to dress in the past week. A few fleeting thought but nothing else....the only thing is I love the pretty clothes girls get to wear. I look at a girl and think she is hot but am so jealous of what she gets to wear. Not sure if I want to continue to dress because there is no desire even with admiring their clothes....

Gold Member
    I went through a period like that some years back.
    I was working full time then, and dressing was just not big on the priority list.
    Fast ford-ward 15 years, I am now retired, and dress almost every day at home.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We all have times like that so its normal. You will get over that.

The Pink Fog comes and goes...one week is not all that long.

Your title "not sure what to make of it" reminds me of a movie clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fchtEJpy8

Julia,
    Is there something else interesting going on in your life at the moment.
    Think about it as interests in a new acquaintance can sap the desire to dress for short periods.
    Do not think of purging as you go through this phase in your life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Julia, sometimes our desires ebb and flow. In the case of CD's it can lead into the dangerous practice of purging. Please do not do this. Having been through cycles of it, I can only tell you of my regrets for all the really nice (and expensive) things that went bye bye.

If your desire is on the wane it could be a transient condition so just pack your Julia away somewhere and see how things develop. Should the attraction return, you still have her. If the attraction does not return, you have a Goodwill donation.

Take time to sort out your feelings. What ever drew you to this lifestyle may or may not be transient.

Hugs, Robin

Julia, I took a minute to go back over your posts, through July. I could have gone farther, but it wasn't necessary. I learned what I needed to remember. First, you're very young and probably pretty...inexperienced. You seem to be going through ups and downs in your interest in CDing and have expressed some bi-curiosity. The theme of being "jealous" of girls in pretty outfits comes up several times too.

I'd tell ya to "grow up", but you're 19, and realistically, you have another 5-6 years before your brain reaches full biological maturity. Between now and then, you are going to go through a lot of ups and downs as you try to discern your place in the world...not just in terms of gender identity and sexuality (which you must remember are NOT the same), but also in terms of your work and avocational interests, your ability to form and sustain relationships and to recognize and meet your obligations. That's a lot of stuff to work through for a young person.

And most of us more mature members can remember going through periods of all sorts of confusion and indecision. At worst, you learn to live with uncertainty. Better yet, you devote some of your time to clarifying your ideas about yourself. That doesn't mean sitting in a chair, pondering life. It mostly means getting out there and "doing" stuff. Try different life experiences (but to the extent that a young person can, please be safe), make new friends and allow yourself to make mistakes (again, do a quick risk assessment before you take any big challenge on).

And above all, do not think of women as a) objects for reverence or b) competitors who "get to wear pretty things". Women are human beings. They want respect, consideration, your attention and real interest in their lives, and personal fulfillment in all its forms. When you see and can interact with women as something other than idealized constructs, you may find they are a whole lot more interesting and an whole lot more likely to be interested in you.

Just as your tastes in food & music change, so do your desires in clothing. Sometimes you feel like dressing to the nines, sometimes like sweatpants and a hoodie. Sometimes you want Mexican food, sometimes Italian, sometimes burger & fries. It all ebbs and flows. A week of not really wanting to dress is no big deal. Just leave those clothes in the closet and wear something else. Wear what you want to wear, be who you want to be, and see where the future takes you.