Thread: Shopping with my wife

Shopping with my wife

The last time we went to Walmart we shopped together for makeup. She always comments about how well I do my eye makeup, so I gave her some suggestions on what type of eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara to buy.
    She loves to have me with her when she is buying clothes for herself because she thinks I have better taste in women’s fashion than she does. I tell her that I just pick things out that I would love to wear. So far I have put together several outfits for her that she wears to work. She is always very happy to tell me that she got lots of compliments on her clothes.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Christine,
    That is so cool, to have a wife to do everything with. I think the reason so many of us have a good sense of style is because we study what women wear more than the average woman does. My wife doesn't really look too closely at other women but I tend to study them (if you know what I mean). But I still tend to over look some of the accessories.

Hugs
    Jolene

My wife and I go clothes shopping a lot at Wal Mart.....she usually finds plenty for me and sometimes we find something for her.....it all depends on how it all fits because of the wide disparity in our sizes.

Aspiring Member
    G'Day Christine:,

Nice post! Going shopping with my wife is one of my favorite things to do. Our shopping trips are not often, but are the best. A simple stop at a drugstore for lipstick or nail polish, may turn into a major trip. bras, panties, shoes or stockings, maybe even a complete outfit. She flits through the store pulling stuff off the hangers, saying "this'll look good on you". I trail along behind, carrying the items, and putting the others back on the hangers. Then, after coming back home she insists on a fashion show. Isn't life grand?

Danielle

Christine you are doing well keep it up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is exactly the way it has been in our house too Christine. In fact my wife doesn't even want to go clothes shopping without me. She goes into the dressing room with something to try on and I pick out a number of other things that I find when she's in there and hang them over the dressing room door. Generally she ends up buying not one outfit but two or three as a result. Of course, we have very similar tastes in clothes. The bad part is she wears a 6 and I wear a 12 so the wardrobe costs are doubled. Of course I can't/don't buy the same outfits as she does because that "just wouldn't do" to look like twins.

Denise

I love this thread, if for no other reason than I also shop with my wife, and on one occasion after helping my wife decide on her outfit I was offered a job at Catherine's by the manager. Almost took it as a part time job, but was afraid I would spend more than I made....

My fiance and I love to shop like a couple of girlfriends. I have the eagle eye for women's fashion, guy stuff not so much. I can spot the perfect pair of shoes in the back of the store from the front door. I find sales and clearances and sometimes negotiate the price. She gets something every time Madeline gets something, which I'm sure adds to her enjoyment and acceptance level. I have to be careful though, last trip to the mall Madeline couldn't find the right dress, but fiance walked out with a new Coach purse!

I'm another who loves to go shopping with my spouse. On Sunday I got dressed first thing in the morning and we drove to an outlet mall in Ontario (California). We shopped the entire mall, tried things on, laughed at things that were totally inappropriate for me, ate pretzels, shopped for earrings, and topped the evening off with dinner at the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant at Bass Pro Shops. I thoroughly enjoyed an entire day spent en femme with my BFF! She's the best!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

That is really a role reversal! Your wife must be a wonderful person to be so honest with her feelings and happy to accept your talents without feeling threatened or humiliated. You definitely have someone special as a partner and a wife. Appreciate her and I hope you both enjoy a long and happy future together.
    Di

I never liked shopping. If I needed a garment, I would go to the store, find something, make sure it fits, and I'm in line otw out the door in less than half an hour. If Julie needed something I would stand around bored and trying not to appear impatient while she took forever trying to find whatever it was she needed. It was always a challenge for her because "that dress would be perfect if it weren't for <fill in the blank>. Seemed there was always one thing wrong with everything. I would get so freaked out when she would buy something and start modifying it before she even wore it.

OMG! I so get it now! /chuckle. We will spend all day shopping sometimes. Just having a good time, trying things on, discussing (far too loudly sometimes) what we like or think would look good on each other. Truth be told after awhile I still get bored, unless they have a good selection for a fat girl like me. /giggle.

This has introduced a whole new dynamic into our relationship that has just been amazing.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I hate shopping with the wife, she has little to no interest in clothes, Because of past surgeries she is limited to what style she can wear, particularly neck lines. So she plays it safe, with black pants, and camp shirts. For those that don't know what a champ shirt is, it looks just like a man's short sleeve shirt, with a pockets on the chest and man style collar, but a nicer fabric. She gets them in as many colors as she can, but not much else changes.
    Because of that fact shopping for her is not a lot of fun, so she gets most of her stuff on line. When I do get her in the women's dept., she is in a hurry to get done and get on with things, while I can spend hours browsing the racks, She is a great buyer, but a speed shopper, and I'm a slow shopper that wants to see everything in my size before I know what I want.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    Hi Christine, You are so lucky to have such a wonderful wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I used to be more fearful of shopping with my wife. Now when we shop, she doesn't even think about saying who the clothes are for when we talk to each other. Haven't tried test driving makeup while out though.... or lingerie.