Thread: Check this out

Check this out

I can't even tell you how I found this. I was searching for a company that use to be in Seattle and find this..http://www.tbs.com/shows/hesalady/

Now this shows has some promise if you ask me... I might have to try and get on the show... I was on Junk Yard Wars already. Why not??

I am surprised anyone with cable missed it, it was well advertised last year when it ran and it was a hoot to watch. I was sceptical at first but after the first few episodes, you could really see a change in the guys. I wish they would do another season, but the premise of "surprise, as the guys thought they were auditioning for a different reality show" would be gone.

Julia

It was a great show. I really enjoyed it. I too wish that they would do another season.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I saw an episode or two, and couldn't sit through it. I didn't think it truly captured what we're all about. These guys weren't making a mockery of this at all, but they weren't transgendered. They were crossdressing, but they weren't crossdressers, if you get my meaning. They just looked like guys in drag to me, and really didn't seem very comfortable doing so.

I didn't like it, myself.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Marla, you are correct in that they weren't transgendered. However, even though the show was a bit campy and predictable, the contestants really tried hard to put themselves into the opposite gender and by doing so showed the world that even a bunch of overtly masculine men do have the ability to be softer, more compasionate, more appreciative of non-traditionally male things. Participants had to live completely as women when out of the living space they were provided, and this made them realize what their spouses and girlfriends have to encounter everyday. Through their eyes and conversations over the 8 weeks or so it was aired, the viewers saw a progression of indifference to appreciation of what being feminen is all about. Several became very emotional, a couple really got into dressing up and I suspect they actually enjoyed it and would likely continue it. Alberta, the winner, was hot, even my girlfriend was jealous.

So even though the show didn't portait true transgendered people, I feel it educated the audience to the fact that a little femininity in guys sure doesn't hurt and may be a good thing.

Julia