Thread: Disneyland annual pass Q?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Disneyland annual pass Q?

I'm buying an annual to Disneyland, Yay! but for those of you who know there is a giant screen for the DL worker that shows them your picture as your pass is scanned. This is of course for verification reasons. However, if my picture shows I'm a male and I'm dressed en femme will they stop me? I imagine they won't, lawsuit and all, but has anyone experienced this situation? The picture situation I mean.

Thanks.

Briana
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If the person presenting the pass does not resemble the picture on the screen, I imagine you may be stopped depending on the person checking the photos. IMHO, a female instead of a male would be sufficient reason for some. The Disneyland Pass rules state "Further identification may be required." What could be possibility illegal is for them not to admit you after verifying your identification. Why bother to have a passive photo verification process if they are not going to enforce it?
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 07-24-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Fixed a clunky phrase

I have the annual pass and have no problem no matter how I am dressed, Florida location. Just remember that there are lots of children so dress properly. You can go to the restaurants without any problem also. Just relax and have fun.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I have annuals for ski resorts and there is a certain element of disguise there.
    I have a womens ski suit and accessories but only one place knows Beverley.
    I agree Dizzyland is quite different.
    Once in twelve months does me.

Now if I lived in Anaheim.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Disneyland has been picketed and boycotted, all for allowing a gay pride day every year, but they have never given in to the pressure, I find it hard to believe, they would bother you about that, if you look that much different dressed, you might be asked to confirm it's your pass, but that should be quick and painless
    California, is pretty good about not giving people a bad time about things like that, but if you aren't sure, and are worried about it, pick up a phone, call and ask them there policy. If you can go do it, asking about it should be easy, I could ask, but I would never have the nerve to do it.
    I know one of the girls from here, has been there in dress, but not sure if that was gay pride or a regular weekend.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have had passes there for the last several years. Granted I haven't gone as Rita. After shaving my beard they looked a little more closely as I entered. Maybe you will have to show ID to prove it is you if you look that much different. My passes just expired and aren't being renewed. 30% increase over two years is just more than I can swallow. It's a great way to enjoy the park though. Have fun!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    I have the annual pass and have no problem no matter how I am dressed, Florida location.
    There is a different AP system in Florida (Walt Disney World) and California (DisneyLand). The DL system shows the Cast Member (employee) you photo when your AP is scanned at the entrance to the park. WDW's ticket system relies on a biometric "fingerprint" authentication system.

For the OP, I believe you can upload your own picture to the AP web site. Why not switch to a more androgynous picture that will work in either mode.
    Last edited by Jenn A116; 07-25-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

You might have an issue but probably not a big one. I suppose if you were in full on "drag queen" mode and were barely recognizable you might have some trouble but if you're avatar is accurate, you probably look enough like your male self for nothing more than a second glance (by the way, I'm not saying you don't look good. You're very cute). I would bet those cast members get a lot of training on sensitivity and are taught to look past things like this. People grow facial hair, change hair color or get it cut or grow it out, wear more or less make up, get new glasses, wear sunglasses, etc. Besides, the photos are used to verify you are you as opposed to a coworker, friend of family member using your AP. I'd bet a simple, "I'm crossdressed," would be enough to get in the gate. I have and AP and you won't be the only CD or trans in the park. Promise.

It as been awhile since I have been to Disneyland, but I would suspect the following ratio would hold: at least half of those attending are not from Southern California and that means that Mabel from Kansas might put up a fuss if she sees Briana in the Ladies.

Just tell her she's not in Kansas any more.

BTW: I was there opening week in 1955. It changed a lot between then and 1990, the last time I was there. I can only imagine what it is like now, 23 years later.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by marlenesexton View Post
    ...I'd bet a simple, "I'm crossdressed," would be enough to get in the gate....
    Or even better, "I'm transgendered." That word seems to carry a lot more weight with Muggles.

Honestly, I don't see you having any problems. D-land is a frequent target for lawyers and they wouldn't do anything that approaches discrimination these days. In the past they had a private party for gay clients but the park decided to stop hosting that. Now there is a full weekend "Gay Days" celebration complete with bright red T-shirts and extra events outside the park that wouldn't be possible if Disney ran the show:

http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/GDA/
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Hi Briana,

Great that you are getting an annual pass to "The Happiest Place on Earth" I have been an annual passholder for several years. Although I have not gone dressed myself I have seen several CDs there. Of course didn't know if they were passholders. I do recall seeing a post you made a few years ago about the same question. So you didn't get to go dressed at that time and enjoy yourself Several things have changed over the years with the annual pass. Not only have they greatly increased the the prices on them, they no longer have your picture on the annual pass that you hand to the castmember. The only place that a picture of you is shown is still at the entrance gate Plus as you enter the castmember will welcome you by your name as I am sure you know. Most other amusement parks use the fingerprint system not a picture. I have seen Disneyland representing themselves as LBGT friendly. They even had a entry at this year's Long Beach Pride Parade. Please let us know if you go and how things went. Have fun

Take care,
    Michelle
    Last edited by 4mymichelle; 07-25-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just spent 5 days at DL/DCA and can't say that I spotted any sisters there. However I did see a lot of girls in dire need of our fashion guidance.

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Jenna, so did you go enfemme yourself? If so would love to see some pictures if you took any. . If your looking for a fashion show, Disneyland is not the place to see that. Most girls are going to dress casual and want to be comfortable. Wouldn't want to ride Splash Mountain or Grizzly River Run to get all wet in a nice outfit. They do have what is called Dapper Day when people do dress up nicely to the park. I was just there recently and had a fantastic time.

No, I didn't go in femme. I'm not fit to be seen anywhere in public like that.

Actually, I did see some very nice looking outfits. Some looked very un-comfortable, but some were stylish as well as comfortable. They were far overshadowed by those who had obviously never actually looked in a mirror.