Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using makeup in guy mode

The only time I ever did that was way back in my early days of crossdressing, before I learned effective tips about completely removing all traces of lipstick. I used the worst method - harsh soaps and scrubbing. This was not only ineffective in avoiding staining, but left the lips reddened from the effort. It was then when I applied a little foundation or concealer to my lips in an attempt to hide the redness.

I just got my eyelashes tinted a very dark brown...gonna work up to black so it isn't so noticeable to the wife. Wish I had done this sooner! I love dark lashes but the mascara would clump sometimes and be noticeable. Only $10...should last for about 3 weeks according to my "brow and lash" girl. Also have my eyebrows shaped with an obvious arch. I'll go out with French polished toes and flip flops every now and then. Legs are always shaved as well. I have also worn some very light makeup, eye shadow and blush. Anyway...that's it I guess.

no i don't think i ever would wear makeup in guy mode, if i started i would soon make me want to be totally dressed
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

I always use an eyebrow pencil on my eyebrows. I often use a bit of blush on my cheeks and high forehead. I always have
    a light-colored polish on my nails.
    Hugs, Carole

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I have a lot of oil on my eyelids, so by the end of a work day my eyes would burn from the oil that invariably gets into my eyes. A little powder on my eyelids in the morning stops that process.

A while back I needed to take a bit of time away from Tina so I thought I'd work on my mascara technique. I started with clear mascara, then added a bit of brown mascara. I slowly learned that as long as I used brown-washable mascara it didn't clump (and if it did an old completely cleaned mascara wand took out the clumps!) and I had evenly brown eyelashes, even the bottoms! So now I can regularly give my eyelashes a boost with just that touch of brown mascara!

It depends on what you mean by "make up".
    I never would do the full make up and dress as a guy for the day. However, I use concealer on "spots", a little mascara, clear finger nail polish, and frequently have toenails painted (I know no one see them in my shoes).
    Stephanie

lol, yeah, daily makeup! Bare minimum is eyeliner and mascara... I just feel incomplete without it...

Not usually on purpose. Sometimes a touch of mascara... no comments so far. I actually have fairly nice natural eyelashes; yay!

Only if toe nails being polished counts, i always keep them deep red 24/7

I wear clear polish on my nails and occasionally a little bit of concealer on an area prone to ingrown facial hairs.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Hello JuliaC,
    how are you today, Yes but at my age I think I have to be a bit more careful on how much and what colour it is ,grey eye liner instead of black and no bright coloured eye shadow but I am sure at your age you can get away with a lot more ( lucky you)
    Have a nice day,
    JF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Yep, and when I do I look quite good. It kind of makes me look like I am from some band, like The Cure, Placebo, The Smiths?, The Real Tuesday Weld, Depeche Mode, ...

But I notice I must be having that confident feeling that its OK. Cause when I do makeup, and then expect people to accept me, it doesnt work. First I must be in the mood, then it will roll ;p

I think one SA noticed, sometimes gives curious looks as if wanting to see if I am again with makeup, but I am not.
    Also I noticed if I do apply powder, it makes me want to finish it more, add eyeliner, and mascara ;p

Quote Originally Posted by nicolecdgal View Post
    I just got my eyelashes tinted a very dark brown...gonna work up to black so it isn't so noticeable to the wife. Wish I had done this sooner! I love dark lashes but the mascara would clump sometimes and be noticeable. Only $10...should last for about 3 weeks according to my "brow and lash" girl. Also have my eyebrows shaped with an obvious arch. I'll go out with French polished toes and flip flops every now and then. Legs are always shaved as well. I have also worn some very light makeup, eye shadow and blush. Anyway...that's it I guess.
    You're sneaking out to a "brow and lash" girl ? Why would your wife care about you tinting your eyebrows if you're doing all the other things you mentioned?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    I tried that approach, but I felt a bit incongruous....I feel like I either need to go full femme or not.

Sometimes I'll do mascara and eyeshadow. (And concealer for blemishes but that doesn't really count). I love presenting half and half; at times I think I might even like it better than going full fem !

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    The great thing about being a guy is that you don't have to do that!
    And niether, of course, does any woman.
    Last edited by AshleyW; 07-25-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    "Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairytales"
    You can read my blog if you like, or peruse my photos if you feel like it.

I haven't intentionally done it yet, but I will, promise. I have had eyeliner and bits of eyeshadow that survived a night's sleep and had numerous people checking me out. My wife in particular couldn't keep her hands off me when she looked at my eyes.

So, yeah, definitely on the todo list, if I ever have the money to go out just for fun again.

Have used Lauren Hutton in the past while in male mode--she aims her makeup kits and approaches to us "older" types (am almost 75) and there are about seven types of makeup--blush, foundation, eye brow, eye liner (just a taad there--easily gives you away), lip gloss, etc--the spot concealer is really my mainstay....

Absolutely, I wear a well blended and light eye shadow. A fine coat of mascara and a blush . I don't get to be dressed alot, so I really enjoy wearing my daily makeup to work etc.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Sure! I use an eyebrow pencil to cover up those pesky gray eyebrow hairs. Usually add some mascara and eye shadow (though hard to see wearing glasses) as well as some nude lipstick (in lieu of my normal chapstick). Eyeliner only if I haven't removed properly, which has been known to happen... Toe nails often painted too...though not a dark red!

My toes are always a bright color and my fingernails are long. I had permanent eyeshadow, liner and lip color tattooed on a few years ago, so I am never without those. The lips are pretty subtle, but my eyes clearly look "made up" all the time. I also wear false lashes fairly regularly.

- Diane

My nails are always clear-polished, but I don't wear any makeup other than colorless lip gloss, and that only when my lips feel like they need a little moisturizing.

I do try to take care of my skin and use moisturizer on my face which might give it a bit of a sheen.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Talking Yes

All the time! I love it.

I have done so. Have worn foundation with finishing powder, a small amount of blush, eye shadow, mascara.

I personally believe that the purpose of makeup is to enhance your face, regardless of gender.

I guess this is my way of breaking gender boundaries in society. I have never had any complaints so far - even though I can tell guys are looking at my mascara. I doubt if men will say anything because if they do, they might be seen as gay. Not as if they are going to go up to another man in makeup and say "Hey, you look pretty tonight"!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Occasionally painted toenails, even less frequently clear matte finish on my fingernails. Makeup? Never.

I go out in 50/50 mode every weekend that I can't dress fully. I like to wear make-up
    I went for a pedi today. I wore a pony tail w/ a pink scrunchi, blue eyeliner w/ pink eyeshadow and mascara. I also wore women's sandals and my toes were bright red. I'm different, anyway

Cindy
    ​Cindy