Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about women?

How do you feel about women?

I find myself wondering what effect dressing like, presenting as or feeling inside yourself to be a woman has on your feelings about and views of women.

So my questions are

How do you think you see women differently now than you did before you had the experiences you now have(dressing, presenting to the public as female, transitioning etc)?

Can you think of a specific experience that changed your views on women or what their lives may be like?

How do you think you see women differently than cismales?

Is there something you admire more about women because of your experiences?

Do you consider yourself a feminist? and if so how much do you think that is because of your experiences as feminine/female?
    Erin
    I wear the sassypants in the family.

“The greatest obstacle to connecting
    with our joy is resentment.”
    ~ Pema Chödrön ~

A Guide to Overcoming Envy

Hi,

Dressing has not had an effect on myself the only detail was i hated male clothes .that does not mean i wonted to wear female clothes ,

How do i see women much the same as i allways have,

my views are pretty much the same now as its been over many years,
    i dont see women any different because im not a male,

What other women have well most any way is a womb so one could have given birth to my child .

Being a Feminist depends on what women you are talking about 1860' - 1920's & why they did what had to be done because men have allways treated us as 2nd class, could not own land or house's & goods, no right to vote it was a male dominated world sex rape abuse & i know first hand what a man did to my Mother & I. be killed or flee .

we did the flee, iv stoped & stood between in one case a male who was abusive to another woman so i stoped him till we had the Police arrive, Jos took the woman in . so if you are thinking along those lines then yes i am , im not interested in the later group of around the 70's. & what iv seen over the last 40 odd years, they dont have any standing as far as im concerned,

As youll gather im a female born a bit different thats all. intersexed, so i see things only as a woman, that of cause does not rule out what maleness i have about myself, any ways it does not matter at all im well accepted in our socity & the different communitys im a member of.

I dont see myself as a feminine female . though others say i am. allthough im just a normal female yet many know my background & iv told most people so thats well documented , part of what i was about as to public relasions , so if you are well known it makes sence to be open as i have been thats why i have as many friends as i have going back 55 years, they know who i am they all so accept my difference so over all theres no issues,

...noeleena...

I admired and respect women. that's why I want to be like them. Going out into the world enfemme, I've learned that world are held to a double standard, they need to be tough, competetive, but also feminine, it's a strange conundrum. I've also learned that women are judge more on their appearnace and that all women are concerned about this, and it takes much more work everyday to present female.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinSassyPants View Post
    Do you consider yourself a feminist? and if so how much do you think that is because of your experiences as feminine/female?

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women so I have always been a feminist.

Dressing or not we should all be femanists.
    Last edited by suzy1; 07-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.

From as young as I can remember, women have always been beautiful, especially the older and wiser ones.
    I like fem women, not the trouser wearers
    Am I a feminist, well if I had a choice, I would prefer an adult at home for my kids after school, I would have liked to have enough income for wife to be a house wife, better still if we could both afford to be home for the kids, and later a yacht in the Med.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

When I was younger I was shown a gift that I had not realised I had.
    How to emulate a woman successfully.
    As I aged so that gift slipped away.
    If you have it use the gift now whilst you can.
    I have the utmost respect for women because of it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't think I can give an honest answer to this question. I started dressing so young, I'm not sure I had feelings about women versus people in general back then.
    I like women, have all my life, as a child, when the menfolk gathered in the living room, and the ladies gathered in the dinning room, or really big kitchen with table an chairs. You would always find me around the kitchen listening and enjoying the talk, smells, and pretty clothes. The living room smelled of cigarettes and man smells, kitchen was better.
    Still prefer the company of women to that of men. They are more likely to be talking about things I care about, instead of job and sports.
    I admire a women that is well put together, and I really appreciate a smart women that can carry on a smart conversation, but then I like that in a guy too.
    Around here, I here the work Admire used a lot, I don't, but then Admire is not a word I use, to much like putting them on a pedestal, people shouldn't stand on pedestals if you fall you could get hurt.
    I really see women just like I see men. I have met many fine lady's I do admire, as individuals. Smart, Accomplished, and kind, what's not to admire.
    I respect most women, to me that's better than admire, respect is earned not given.
    I have no use for a foul mouth rude, crude, or women that is so full of herself, she thinks of no one else, yes I have know such women.
    Now having said all that, let me add one more thing, I judge men by the same rules!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I don't see women as a group per se but see each person as a unique individual. That being the case, my own personal experiences with expressing femininity have only served to enhance my appreciation of female folks in a positive way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Women? They are everything that is good in this world.

I appreciate the time and effort it takes to look put together. I guess that going through the routine makes it more obvious.
    As far as being a feminist I would have to say that I've always believed that a person should be judged & paid on their merits not on their sex, so I guess that makes me a feminist. But on the other hand I hold the door open for a lady (does that make me a pig?).
    I still have the most profound respect for the ladies that have transitioned. To go through the pain (mental and physical) the lost and broken relationships and trying to fit into the muggle society that we must live in, is more than I would ever care to go through. But as long as they find the peace that they seek then I guess it is worth all the pain.

How do I feel about women? I kind of like them. They are really the only people I care to be around or have much to do with. Always been that way.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

My answers:

I don't think I see women differently now than before CDing... although I have wanted to CD as a young child, so maybe that's an unfair question.

I don't think I see women differently from cismales except that when I look at a woman, I notice what she's wearing more than most normal males and I sometimes want to be her as well as with her... a weird combination of feelings.

I do consider myself a feminist, but that's because I grew up in a family of mostly women (only other male in my life was my father) so I was exposed to their point of view on a regular basis.

I find myself wondering what effect dressing like, presenting as or feeling inside yourself to be a woman has on your feelings about and views of women.

So my questions are

How do you think you see women differently now than you did before you had the experiences you now have(dressing, presenting to the public as female, transitioning etc)?
    yes. Very much so. When I first started online (old days, AOL) I found out quickly that women were seen as sexual objects, not people by a vast number of men. That was lesson 1. Other lessons, how females are not safe everywhere they go. How women get less respect on many things from opinions to jobs to daily life. How gender roles are firmer in male's minds than women's. How more men believe they have entitlements based on a certain piece of anatomy. hat many men think that if they want something strength will make it theirs. Oh yes it was and still is an education

Can you think of a specific experience that changed your views on women or what their lives may be like?
    The first time a male decided that I "Wanted" sex contrary to what I really wanted. I consider my life right now to be what most women went through when they were say 16. I am learning a WHOLE bunch about how women are seen in daily life.

how much more inner strength they have to have. How much more tolerance they have to have

100% Maybe a humanist would be a better idea though That no matter what your gender (or color or lifestyle or belief system or financial status...etc), everyone is equal and you should not HAVE to work for the same rights and privileges as anyone else
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    How do you think you see women differently now than you did before you had the experiences you now have(dressing, presenting to the public as female, transitioning etc)
    That they're not as pretty as they present themselves too be. Some are beautiful from sunup to sundown. Very Rare that a woman is completely beautiful w/o any beauty ingredients.

Can you think of a specific experience that changed your views on women or what their lives may be like??
    Yes. Getting all dolled up is a lot work for most of us.

A woman is the only one I can make Love too.

Self Grooming. I admire the fact that women are really conscious of themselves regarding grooming and presentation.

Not really. I respect women for who they are and the fact that they can bear us children. Once a mother, then my respect two folds for what they experience bearing and leading a child.

i've always had a lot of respect and admiration for women, which is part of the reason why i dress, i know the effort it takes to get all dolled up, i can feel the pressure for me to be thinner just like most women do.
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women so I have always been a feminist.

Dressing or not we should all be femanists.
    I cannot add very much to what Suzy has just posted. I think my similar thoughts date back to the '70s and are not really related to my gender transition.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Dressing or not we should all be feMANists.
    Very funny Suzy!
    Stephanie

Erin. Great questions. Here are a few things I've noticed when I'm out (in drab).
    In hot weather I'm jealous of women wearing light skirts and feathery blouses while I'm stuck wearing heavier men's clothes. (Of course, being a guy I still think of other things when I see them in their best summer wear).
    I have new respect for women who manage perfect makeup, and I wonder how long it takes them to do it in the morning.
    Ditto, respect for women who cruise around in heels like they were born with them.
    I'm not sure if I would call myself a feminist (or call any other guy a feminist) because it implies that I understand a woman's world. That would be unfair to the women, although I'm with them on most of the political/social issues raised by feminists.
    One more thing on clothing etc., I'm impressed by how even average looking women can look good in so many different situations and environments by doing little things such as having their hair up or down, adding a scarf or other accessory, etc. They are experts at mix and match.

I'm not sure it's changed my view on women. I don't like the term feminist because it's been co-opted by certain people with a particular political agenda that doesn't necessarily benefit women but I suppose I'm one. I am old-fashioned, however, and I do believe men and women are different and each gender has a role in society. I'm not saying women can't be firemen or soldiers or that men can't be nurses or nannies, but most people fit into the roles and they are important to a functioning society. We shouldn't dismiss that in the name of absolute and unwavering equality.

I have changed my thoughts on homosexuality and transgenderism though. I've never been bigoted towards LGBT but I am more accepting of differing lifestyles. I've basically gotten to a place where I don't care what you do. If it makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone, good for you. I think that might be part of getting older too. I feel that way about a lot of things. I used to think all those X-Games types, ski bums, artists, whatever were losers but after working a "normal" job and feeling like it was sucking my will to live and killing my soul, I've come to see those free-spirits as the smart ones. I think I was the loser for buying into the supremacy of normal.

I feel good about women actually. It is just I am having a hard time of finding one that understands my crossdressing lifestyle

I suppose the biggest difference in how I look at women is I notice things I never did. Details about their clothing that I wouldn't have noticed before. I am still going to look at her tush as I hold the door open, but I will notice her shoes too /shrug

I am not a feminist as much as a supporter of equal rights for all.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I'm more aware of how women are always getting the short end of the stick in life but I think that's more of a "growing up and seeing the real world" type of thing.

I'd guess becoming aware of all the ***tty marriages around me and seeing how women are a lot of times basically unpaid servants.
    I'm still at home so from then on I do a tonne more housework and do all the cooking, but it still won't make up for all the time before that point.

Easiest thing really, I'm not wired to see women in a sexual context so I'd like to thing I'm immune to a lot of the BS that I hear about.
    Then again growing up male is going to leave an imprint that I just won't see whether I like it or not.

It's kinda why I laugh at all the "DAMN FRIENDZONE!" type stuff on the internet.

I love women. Being a teacher and having so many female colleagues, I have the view that we are all equal, with our own individual strengths and weaknesses. We are all human.

I am envious of the huge degree of freedom that my female colleagues have when dressing for work. But then again, I am conscious of the facts that most of them dress for comfort and that most of them wear stuff that is rather androgynous and not always flattering or even pretty.

But when someone is dressed to kill, I sure sit up and take notice!

There's females, there's women, and then, the rarer ones, the ladies. I respect real ladies a lot more than females and women. I like to imitate ladies. I have had bad wxperiences with the others at times, who have no desire to become ladies.

See, you're gonna run into a bit of trouble with that line of thinking.

"Acting like a lady" is often a way for men to express how women should act for their benefit.
    ie. Submissive, knows her place, goes out of her way to be attractive for men, and so on.

Now women are free to act how they feel and that doesn't mean being a toy for men to leer at.
    I respect women who take their rightful place as equals and demand respect from society.

IMO The most powerful women are the ones who aren't acting as "ladies".

Edit:
    I've not studied feminism so if I'm misguided please throw some corrections my way.