Thread: Rita gets a lot less time for awhile

Rita gets a lot less time for awhile

We own and operate a residential facility serving the needs of adults with developmental disabilities. One of my residents tripped and fell yesterday. In doing so he shattered his knee cap. We spent the evening at ER and will go see his primary care physician to get a referral to see an orthopedist.

Obviously my prime concern is the health and well being of my friend. That being said, It occurs to me this could be quite the long recovery period. He will be home from work for weeks, maybe months. I'm going to miss my daily Rita time.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I think you'll be able to make time to dress if you try. Or, explain to your friend that you're a crossdresser and go on dressing.

Yes, that's a tough one. I probably wouldn't do it, but it's something to consider.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    The answer to your dilemma is simple, Rita, and is a staple of TG fiction. Simply inform your friend: "in this house, men are required to dress as women, here's your frock."

well, it's what happens in stories anyway.

/giggle. Truth be told of the nine people in this house the only one I think "might" have a problem is my daughter and her skill at denial is quite strong. She would pretend it didn't bother her. We have a pretty good relationship I'm sure it would survive.

My real concern would be the beaurocracy that places my residents here, and some of the family members of my friends. While I believe I am legally protected against persecution from that beaurocracy, it would be very hard and expensive to prove that is what was happening. And of course the family's are bound by no such problems. "We just wanted to bring <family member> home to lve for awhile. I'm not saying it would happen but the risk to reward analysis says keep your mouth shut.

I will be just fine. Evenings are my time off, I can go hide in my room. We get date night each Tuesday when Julie hooks me up with the make up and go out fully presenting. Errr ummm as fully as I'm able /giggle.

Truth be told getting yanked back from the middle of all that fog isn't a terrible thing at all. An opportunity to discuss and evaluate all that's happened between us. It's only been like eight weeks since we realized this was something I want/need. Since then we have been pretty heavily immersed. We're just having so much fun.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Life was never meant to be easy, as you know. Often, very painful, and sore things happen, and it never ends, except for little oasies, and rest spots. No one knows what a moment will bring. A friend of mine, went hiking in Canada Rockies, and a boulder fell, and broke both his legs beyond repair. The paramedics had to amputate both legs on the trail. Them his wife divorced him because of the accident. Life is tough, isn't it, in many ways. Paula is right. Maybe tell him about your dressing. Or, make time, however short. Or, simply accept, that you will not drss at home for awhile.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Grandpa View Post
    Truth be told getting yanked back from the middle of all that fog isn't a terrible thing at all. An opportunity to discuss and evaluate all that's happened between us. It's only been like eight weeks since we realized this was something I want/need. Since then we have been pretty heavily immersed. We're just having so much fun.
    Rita, The Mrs. and you are handling this quite remarkably. Your story should be a model for everyone w/ this issue. Your wife is.............beyond words. She is worthy of a crown of jewels. I appreciate your story very much. Plus, the fact that you both have endured life the best way possible...........Together. I live through your experience in the hopes that maybe some day, I may be able to share my happy story of my beautiful wife and me. But, I know, I may still have maturing too accomplish just like her. Kudos too both of you, my friend.

Victoria thank you for your kind words. I don't have the words to express the appreciation I have for her. I never understood how I wound up with her or forget how much I need her. Except for those times I was wondering if I could pull off the perfect murder. /cackle I would love to read how you and your wife were able to reconcile each of your needs together. Sometimes I feel a little badly as I post how much fun we are having, something akin to survivors guilt perhaps, I am so fortunate while so many others struggle so and I feel like I'm just rubbing it in. Then of course I think about things reasonably and while my heart still cries for the difficulty some have, I'm self centered enough that mostly it just sings with joy at my own good fortune.

Alice your statement about life being full of painful moments with a few bright rest spots is so insightful. That is certainly an appropriate description of our life anyway. My having to curtail the dressing a bit is a very small thing in the grand scheme. Poor guy in there with a shattered knee has it a bit worse.

Hug
    Rita
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Banned Read only
    Hi Rita - sorry for my silly reply to your difficult and serious situation. I hope you are able to weather your downtime well, and perhaps find more opportunities to express yourself than the situation would seem to allow for. I can understand, and really appreciate your worries about prejudice from the buereaucracy you deal with - I know people who've been treated very badly. People (my wife) may say "They can't do that! It's against the law to treat someone that way!" Sadly, though, people break the law all the time - the only ones they can't really break are the laws of physics.

Also, keep in mind the prospect of stealthy stuff, like underdressing. A lot of people swear by it.

oh Hun don't feel bad, it was amusing!

hug
    Rita
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Rita. I've been dressing for 66 years off and on, it's things like your going through that causes a lot of the off! lol
    Sorry about the gentleman's knee, that sounds painful. But once they get it set, and a little time passes, I bet he'll be doing a lot for himself.
    Believe me, if you want to dress, a CD can find a way to sneak in a moment here or there.
    Under dress, just a little touch can go a long way. But you are so new at this a few weeks away from it shouldn't be a big deal.
    And you are probably right, about the time for you and the wife both to analyze what's been going on, and where it maybe headed,
    and what it means to both of you. It never hurts to do that from time to time anyway.
    Sometimes that Pink Fog can get us headed it seems like such a right directions, and a little clear thinking, can pull us back from
    believing every thing we thought we saw while wondering around in that fog.
    But just you can't dress for a while, doesn't mean you have to disappear from here, no matter what your wearing, your still one of the girls!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Sorry about your friend, looks like you are going to have to come out or reorganise your dressing time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Rita, here's some encouragement for you. In 2006 I took early retirement from my job to move to our family ranch and help take care of my elderly, ailing dad, and to take over the cattle business. Even though my parents found out about my crossdressing in the early 80s, it was not something I did in front of them, sooooo, after much thought and with my priorities in line I moved to the ranch and put Kandy in a box. My dad passed this past March and I wouldn't take anything for the time I got to spend with him! During those years I barely dressed at all and never fully. Needless to say, Kandy survived. Now I own the ranch, and I live alone in the beautiful ranch home that was left to me. Kandy now has all the time she wants, and she wants a lot, ha ha! So Rita, I just know you will be ok, and you'll be better for the sacrifice you make for your friend.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

In the grand scheme of things I'm sacrificing very little. We're it merely a friend I was caring for, I would probably just out myself. The price of my help is you have to deal with the real me. It is nothing so noble as that though and I sure wouldn't want family members to worry about the environment he lives in.

I appreciate the words of encouragement and support!

Hug
    Rita
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I think it is a wonderful thing you do......
    owning and operate a residential facility serving the needs of adults with developmental disabilities
    It takes a very special person to do this and care about the residents as you do. Glad you are finding time to be you.....
    And wanted to say thank you.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I suppose your right. There are enough bad homes out there to prove not everyone who does it should. It's rewarding to help. It also provides us with a nice life. I'm not sure either of those factors would be enough on its own but the two together lead to deep fulfillment. Now that our daughter is old enough to work with us and we get time off every week it's even better! We went the first four years with no days off. Now we get every Saturday and Tuesday nights. Not coincidentally it accommodates tgirl night at Hamburger Mary's. /giggle

Hug
    Rita
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I discovered that I could tuck the bottom of an entire long dress down into men's jeans. Put on dress, put on sweat-shirt, put on jeans, push extra parts of dress into jeans, put lipstick and foundation into the jean pockets, walk out like everything is normal. Then as soon as you are out of sight, remove outer clothes and put on lipstick.

If I can learn to get out of or into outer clothes in an snowy alley at -10C, then you can surely learn to cope in Southern California.