Visiting in MD, my wife suggested that I go to Bass Pro and see if they had anything I needed. This one is in a large shopping mall south of Baltimore.

After shopping, I went to the food court, sat down with a two piece chicken dinner, and made it a point to observe the ladies as they walked by, in particular, their shoes and clothing. Results - of dozens, perhaps over one hundred females, I saw two pairs of heels, one spiked, the other platform. The overwhelming footwear choice was sandals with sneakers a distant second. I saw a few dresses and skirts, some jeans or tights, but most women were wearing shorts or capris.

After lunch as I was leaving, I saw two more pairs of heels, one just a couple of inches high, and the other, about three inches and white. The last one was what many crossdressers try to imitate - tall, long brown hair, slim but good figure, pencil skirt just above the knees, and the white pumps. She was picking them up and putting them down - walking as fast as I could!

So next time you decide to get all dolled up and head for the mall, keep the unofficial dress code in mind.