Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In trouble for wearing nail polish.

I had something similar happen when shaving my legs. I figured my wife wouldn't see it because it was that time of the month so i knew nothing would be happening where we would be rubbing legs together and I wear pants 99% of the rest of the time.
    I was wrestling with my kids and one of my pant legs pulled up a bit and she saw it. She got mad and we argued for almost 3 hours afterwards.
    In all honesty, im continuing to shave my legs. It makes me happy, doesn't physically hurt anyone, and as for my wife.... well, if she wants me to keep them unshaved, she's going to have to give me a reason that its better than just bedroom time once a month or something. That's about the only time she feels my legs or even sees them.
    I plan on changing one thing per month that makes me happy. It may involve coming out more or it may not have anything to do with dressing, but I think it's important to be happy and little steps in that direction are what I'm focusing on. I'm working slowly so that things don't come to a boil too fast for the frog in the pot. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    What about when women add masculine items to their look? What if the husband were to demand that his wife only wear very feminine clothing at all times?
    lets see as a gg here is what i have to say on it. women wearing men clothing is accepted more so than a men wearing women clothing. im sorry but if my husband told me he wanted me to wear dressy women clothes all the time i would be out the door.

now on to the original post. as a gg i am accepting to things that my husband does. but there are times that i dont want him to be Nicole i want him to be my husband. it is one thing being told that you cd and it is another seeing it. stephy may have told her wife but it is one thing being told that, but it is another seeing it. i accept my husband for who he is, but there are times when nicole comes out that i just want him as my husband
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

― Marilyn Monroe

I agree that discussion and compromise is key to a relationship with a not-entirely accepting SO. The OP may have crossed a line but tbh it sounds like her SO overreacted. It was in the shower for heavens sake. How many teenagers do you know who walk in on their parents when they know they're in the shower?

As for TheMissus. Well your post about us CDs chipping away at the man our wives thought they married is hypocrisy in the extreme. There is a meme going round that shows a couple getting together, the woman changing the man a lot and then dumping him because he's not the man she fell in live with. I see this a lot, in fact my ex tried to change me far more than I was comfortable with. Women try to change their men more than the other way round.

hole in the wall

Yestrday I saw my wife polishing her fingernails.I started a talk about how I love black nail polish. Out of the blue my wife asked me if I want to polish one of my finger nails, just a try...I was so excited and ofcourse sugest her to polish my nails, all of them. Guess - she did it. We had a fun joking during the process I removed it a few hours later because of my kids, but the butterflies are still in my stomach. Is this a good sign? Can I start thinking to go out? I will be happiest man in the world to share that "my secret" with my wife...Could I dream?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissus View Post
    Sorry, but I'm one of the GG's who would be bothered with the red nail polish. With kids in the house why on earth are you taking risks like this? Do you want them to find out? And if so, is this not a cowardly way of sharing such HUGE information? (Yes, to a teenager, Dad wearing dresses is very big news!)

Sorry, I sound harsh but I read far too much here about acceptance and very little about reality. CD is NOT a mainstream activity for men - sorry, not even in 2013. If you want to change this fact, start a movement, but don't involve others unless they WANT to be involved. You can't force people to support something just because you happen to like it!

Until then, if you desire a 'normal' family life you really have to put away the red nail polish and blend in like the rest of us. That's all your wife wants and if she desired an alternative lifestyle she'd have done that already. If you can't manage this, you'll have to pull up your big girl panties and go live that alternative life without her.
    Missus, Thanks for injecting a dose of reality into this thread. I often wonder what world some members here live in. It's certainly not the one I live in. The OP is dealing with her marriage and family, most likely a very important part of her life.

Regardless of how her wife worded it, she is right to be concerned about their children seeing daddy wearing polish on his toenails. And it doesn't matter if some TV personality or some group of off the wall men polish their toenails, "daddy" is in the real, mainstream world where normal men just don't do that.

Again, "reality".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Gawlee Linda, I don't think the Mrs.' Hubby is going too appreciate you kissing her booty, too much. That part belongs to him also, you know. Jk. Don't get all rowled up.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Missus, Thanks for injecting a dose of reality into this thread. I often wonder what world some members here live in. It's certainly not the one I live in. The OP is dealing with her marriage and family, most likely a very important part of her life.

Regardless of how her wife worded it, she is right to be concerned about their children seeing daddy wearing polish on his toenails. And it doesn't matter if some TV personality or some group of off the wall men polish their toenails, "daddy" is in the real, mainstream world where normal men just don't do that.

Again, "reality".
    If you live by ideology such as "real men don't do that" then progress will never be made. That is the exact reason that men's fashion hasn't evolved significantly in the past 100 years! Men wearing earring are now somewhat common because 20 years ago some men started wearing earrings regardless of what other people thought. 20 years ago, tattoos were only for men. Women have now adopted tattoos. Nail polish is just color. There is no logical reason that a man can get a colorful tattoo but cannot wear nail polish, non whatsoever! Also, it is more important for a man to teach his children that being different is and that they should be proud of being different; not a mindless clone that simply blindly follows the herd.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Missus, Thanks for injecting a dose of reality into this thread. I often wonder what world some members here live in. It's certainly not the one I live in.
    Well thank god we don't live in your world, it would be boring as hell

What law/rule states that no man should be allowed to wear nail polish?? none that I'm aware of... I think those that are saying how wrong the OP is for wearing nail polish, get over it already, she was in the damn shower, who the hell is going to see it in the shower?? It's OTT... My SO wears nail polish all the time, only one of my daughters knows shes a CD, the other does not.. but seeing him with polish on doesn't phase her one bit, she thinks its pretty funny... kids these days are more open, but if you want to push them in the closet, by all means do so... that's not teaching them a damn thing!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    not a mindless clone that simply blindly follows the herd.
    Now see, I don't view CD as going against the herd. Quite the opposite - I see men dressing as female cliches. Most here even talk of 'blending in' and passing so that they're not seen as different. No one here, in my mind, is fighting a battle to give men more freedom. Therefore, there's nothing much of use for children to learn here, other than daddy prefers to follow the female herd.

That said, I support anyone who takes on the job of trying to change at least one little mind.
    Last edited by TheMissus; 08-05-2013 at 05:43 PM.

I guess it just doesn't pay to post an opinion if it's not the most popular opinion. I even got crucified by an administrator!

I'll be quiet now and go away.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I even got crucified by an administrator!
    I'm also a member and you'd do well to remember that. If you got crucified by me as an Admin, you'd know about it

I'll be quiet now and go away.
    Good, best thing you've said on this thread yet!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

And with that, the thread is closed. When we stop talking about the issues and start chewing on each other the thread has jumped the shark.