Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrink a Gut

Shrink a Gut

There there any relatively inexpensive ways to shrink the gut down a bit while dressed? I look like I am six months pregnant with my gut.

You can smooth it out a bit with shapewear, but the ultimate solution is less food down the hatch. I'm fighting the same issue, though I find that a little tummy makes wearing long dresses easier without an extreme tuck.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    "relatively inexpensive way while dressed?" Before everyone tells you to diet and exercise, are you looking for an instant fix for a particular event you are going to? Do you have to fit into a particular dress? I guess a corset might work quite well or maybe a spanx if you are not looking to reduce too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I find that a little tummy makes wearing long dresses easier without an extreme tuck.
    Wow, awesome ... I'd have never thought of that! I'll try to remember "the good side" next time I feel depressed about my shape. LOL.
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-28-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please use the edit or multiquote buttons to avoid consecutive posts.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    When taking pictures or parading through my local club or restaurants I tend to suck up my gut. The only way I know of to eliminate that difficulty is a proper corset. A well done corset will hold your gut in and as a bonus give you what looks like a smaller waist. By golly, it's like magic. Corsets are also hot and tend to get uncomfortable for me after 5 or 6 hours. I plan my outings in corset accordingly. Elastic shapewear doesn't seem to control my gut well at all. It can control other stuff, and feels great, but really doesn't stand a chance when dealing with an "old man stomach"!

Cristy: I have a beer gut too, though I am trying to lose it. Got decent results with a corset (see attached photo). I'm 5'11" and weigh 230. In the photo you can also see the effect of a hip & butt padded girdle from Glamour Boutique (corset from there also). I can sort of fit into size 18 or XL dresses this way--especially stretchy ones like sweater or wrap dresses. Obviously I have a long way to go (goal is 175...not sure what size that would be--maybe 12 or 14?)

It's not comfy, but helps me achieve the partial illusion I'm after. Make sure you turn up the AC because it gets hot, and don't eat beforehand!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Diet and exercise. Or, if you prefer, exercise and diet.

I agree as to diet and exercise but I'm discovering that the diet and exercise advise worked better when I was in my 40s and 50s; not so much now in my 70s. I need the spandex now more than ever. In my 40s, a fifteen mile run was a weekly thing but now its just an hour on an exercise bike.

Silver Member
    A proper girdle (control top pantyhose or Spanx probably won't be enough) like our grandmothers wore will help flatten your stomach; it won't eliminate it and it won't give you a waist, but it will help flatten it and make you look more proportional to a large non-pregnant female. If you like to wear gartered stockings, an all-in-one like the Rago 9357 is a great choice (I always wear one whenever I dress.) Fit can be difficult, though it is easier for an all-in-one (buy by your bra size) as opposed to a one piece girdle (take your waist and hips and add them then divide by 2 to get a rough idea of your size.)

All-in-one
    http://www.rago-shapewear.com/catalo...cat=257&page=1

Long leg panty girdle (also helps with a tuck if you need it)
    http://www.rago-shapewear.com/catalo...cat=261&page=2

If you can afford it, a corset will give you the best results, and it can help give you a waistline (even if you are large.)

Swim ( okay it also firmed up everything and cured my back problem)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Thanks for the ideas. I've been thinking about investing in a corset.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Eat less, you have to admit that it's pretty inexpensive.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    Yes. The easiest way is called exercise. It's free and it will help you live longer. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Eat less, you have to admit that it's pretty inexpensive.
    I really don't eat all that much and what I do eat is a proper blend of the food groups. In fact, I'm really semi-vegetarian and I am boarderline diabetic so I don't eat mass amounts of sweets and stuff like that. I ride my bicycle a good five to ten miles a day, weather permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    ...I'll try to remember "the good side" next time I feel depressed about my shape. LOL.
    There's a lot of truth there. My age and a few supposedly negative aspects of appearance do help me avoid undue scrutiny when out and about.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Cristy2 View Post
    In fact, I'm really semi-vegetarian
    No such thing, you either eat meat, or you don't eat meat.

I am boarderline diabetic
    No such thing as that either, you're either not diabetic or you are diabetic, or pre-diabetic, which means on occasion your blood glucose levels are above average but not high enough to be considered an indicator of diabetes. ... don't believe me? ask your doctor.

If you don't each much, that's your problem... you're not going to lose any weight like that, you need to be on a sensible diet.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Many women have told me they ware two girdle to help shape themselves.

I've lost 30lbs mostly by altering my diet and that's in the last 4 months. My biggest problem was my tummy also and the only way to reduce that further is by exercise. The weight loss helped that area significantly but what remains will not go away by further dieting. I'm at my target weight now so it's time to hit the sit ups, dread.....
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

If you cycle, try this... constantly breath out, suck in your gut to tone those muscles. Do this as often as you can. Then eat smaller meals. Then drink lots of water and cycle as far as you can until you feel like you can't go farther, then turn around and cycle home. Repeat.
    Chickie

The main cause of an excess gut is an over-active fork.

Calorie restriction (especially calories from alcohol),and exercise WILL do it for anyone. It takes time, a lot of effort and commitment, but ultimately, do you want to look your best or not.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Needless to say this isn't exactly a 'male-specific' problem or a CD problem for that matter. Try to lose weight or try to use it to your advantage while dressing up. There are some stunning looking 'big girls' out there doing amazing things because they have something to work with. A slightly larger hump of clay so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I'm fighting the same issue, though I find that a little tummy makes wearing long dresses easier without an extreme tuck.
    I experimented with some subtle tummy padding for the exact same reason. Ultimately dropped it because every 'element' can turn into a liability. Bottom line is that some 'baby fat' actually can be quite an asset.

Fast easiest and cheapest way to get a little help in that department is a waist chicher. as for a corset, I was looking at them yesterday, not recommended for a pear shape figure, a fashion one is OK, but won't do want a real laced one will. And there doesn't seem to be anything like a cheap one!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    No such thing as that either, you're either not diabetic or you are diabetic, or pre-diabetic, which means on occasion your blood glucose levels are above average but not high enough to be considered an indicator of diabetes. ... don't believe me? ask your doctor.
    Boardline Diabetic is what the doctor who has been treating me for 27 years calls it. Right now it is under control by diet and exercise and knock on wood, I haven't had any real serious problems. Every once in a while in the summer time I'll have minor issues with my BGL yoyoing, but normally as long as I drink plenty of water and avoid things like pizza and garbage like that, I sail along pretty good. My most recent blood work up was good.

Thanks for the ideas. I think I'll check into a corset. I've been eyeballing a couple of different shapers, but not too sure about them.

The easiest way is with a corset. The longer the better. I've tried waist cinchers and they don't create a smooth waist-line like a corset as my excess spills out over the top.

'Relatively inexpensive" for a decent corset is around $100. There are plenty of thread discussing favored corset brands.

You can try a corset or shapewear,
    I suggest eating less fatty foods.
    Like a diet I suppose.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Boardline Diabetic is what the doctor who has been treating me for 27 years calls it.
    Well, tell your doctor to get re-trained, if he/she been treating you that long, he/she is probably old school... I will find a link...

http://www.diabetescareindia.org/c_Intro.aspx?id=12

FYI, just google borderline diabetes myth.... lot's of information
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn