Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Date!!!

Banned Read only
    No, it doesn't add up. I'd give reasons but it would inflict pain unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Kelly Smith; 08-19-2013 at 07:25 AM.

It is said that "truth is stranger tban fiction"...
    So I'm not sure whether it is one or the other - but I love every word! Such a loving innocent romantic story! And God know that in this world of violence, recession, greed, etc, we could all use a little more of such stories...
    Hugs to all of you!
    Jules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Banned Read only
    Very true Juliea. If it is all fiction, then credit to Jenny for creating a story that has managed to engage so many here. Perhaps one that is tapping into the desires/wants/needs of other people who frequent these boards. As Badtranny says, perhaps more to the closeted members who are themselves secretly wishing for such desires to be fulfilled - that is, to believe in Jenny's posts is to provide them with reassurance that it may, that it can, happen to them one day. I have to say, I had my suspicions about the validity of Jenny's "situation" pretty much right from the outset, for a variety of reasons. As a gay man myself, who is in a long term relationship with an accepting partner, I replied to Jenny asking a question of when it was exactly that she told "Paul" that she was CD. Jenny never answered my question - in fact, it was only ever addressed by another member of this forum in a rather belittling way.

Hey I'm all for fantasy but there's a section for that and it starts to make me uncomfortable when I see people being taken in by what is so obviously a moist daydream. It is not possible that she isn't being read at least some of the time because almost every full time TS woman I know gets read some of the time. It's also not possible that her boyfriend's best buddy propositioned her in such a crude way without Mr Wonderful ever knowing or reacting. Also that particular story is suspiciously reminiscent of a scene in Pretty Woman.

There are real TS women all over this board who date men on the regular, and this story smells like teen spirit. teehee giggle giggle

gag me.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Banned Read only
    The film Pretty Woman sprung to mind as soon as I read the post by Jenny in which she was propositioned by "Paul's" friend. Maybe that film sprung to mind on a "subliminal" level because of Jenny's own comments in this thread about being perceived as a "hooker".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Hey I'm all for fantasy but there's a section for that and it starts to make me uncomfortable when I see people being taken in by what is so obviously a moist daydream. It is not possible that she isn't being read at least some of the time because almost every full time TS woman I know gets read some of the time. It's also not possible that her boyfriend's best buddy propositioned her in such a crude way without Mr Wonderful ever knowing or reacting. Also that particular story is suspiciously reminiscent of a scene in Pretty Woman.

There are real TS women all over this board who date men on the regular, and this story smells like teen spirit. teehee giggle giggle

gag me.
    Was that necessary?

I can't believe what I'm reading. Of course I was read.... I just didn't want to think I was. Of course we got looks. Of course his business partners made comments to him. Of course I don't pass... That's not the point. I never said I did. And, in the first post I said that I made sure he understood who I was. But, he didn't care because he liked me for me. Unlike many of you, he is caring and understanding and he knew from the start that I am new to this dating scene as Jenny. Paul is a very nice gentleman and whether or not you believe this thing called my new life, I really don't care. I just wanted to share with ya'll an experience that I am truly enjoying. By the way, Paul is new to this, too. And if ya'll don't like it... Don't effin read it.

You know... it really hurts that some of you compare what Timothy asked me to a stupid movie. My heart was broken over that "situation". I was crushed and cried for hours because of it. I can't believe ya'll are questioning my experiences. I'm heart broken again.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-20-2013 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit button
    Change is inevitable...

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I think its wonderful Jenny that you have someone like him in your life. These things can be fleeting but if he is wanting to introduce you to his friends I take that as a good sign. It's ok to be nervous about it too, when I was dating oh those many years ago I remember how nervous I was as a guy meeting a girl friends family and friends so I think thats pretty natural.

Great good luck to you.

Hugs
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Thank you Sarah Beth.

I find it interesting that because I didn't mention all the odd looks at breakfast or dinner... A few snide remarks.... The weird looks we got from Paul's friends the other night.... That this is all fairy tale. Yeah, in a way it is. Because I refuse to focus on the negative unlike some of the ladies here. Just because YOU'VE been dating men for years doesn't mean all of us have. It's all new (tee-effing-hee... giggle-effing-giggle b.).
    Change is inevitable...

Banned Read only
    Jenny

First of all, in any environment such as this, they are just words on a screen. Please do not feel heart broken over anything that anyone writes. Long ago I realised that any compliment received online isn't AS important as any compliment received in in person, and exactly the same can be said of critcism. I also realise that the experience you are relaying to everyone here is one that is totally subjective. So if it is true, is told from a position of someone who is falling in love and thus the romantic, fictional aspect (which does come across to certain members, whether you like it or not), is nevertheless bound to come to the fore.

I will be totally honest with you. I don't believe that what you are writing about is real. But the bottom line is, if it is real, then it really shouldn't matter whether or not I believe you or not. For to you, I'm just words on a screen. Your heart-felt objections and proclamations of feeling heart-broken because of a handful of "doubting posts" run the risk of coming across as someone who "protests too much".

I just simply can not wrap my head around how open Paul is about all of this. In my experience, men who date cd's are not as open, for one very obvious reason (so obvious it doesn't need to be explained here). What I don't understand is that you've been on only a handful of dates with Paul, yet he has introduced you to his business partners so soon into a relationship. How often does it happen that a man will introduce a new girlfriend to such colleagues so early in a relationship, let alone a girlfriend who is transgendered? Yet this is what has supposedly happened with you and Paul. And that you've glossed over this scenario to the extent of not even indicating that it's posed any problem for Paul, makes me doubt your story. The fact that this is all new to you too, and the fact that you are being so open about other aspects of your relationship with Paul makes me wonder why the focus of many of your posts hasn't been along those lines. Instead, you're focusing on elements that a fantasy writer would focus upon. The saying "too good to be true" just can't leave my mind when I read your posts about this.

Maybe I'm being harsh. Maybe I'm being cynical. As an openly gay man, I've had enough experience of life to know that the worries that you've expressed in your posts are not the worries that have ever been at the forefront of my mind whenever I've met someone new. And they were most certainly not the worries that I encountered when I had only just come out of the closet - both as a gay man, and as a cd. But like I say, my doubts are only that - doubts, and as I'm nothing to you on a personal level, there is no reason for you to respond by feeling, in your words, heart-broken. I hope it all is true, because if it is, then that would be wonderful. And if it is true, then I will wish you every happiness and apologise right now for ever doubting you. But just as my doubts shouldn't matter to you (if it is true), then neither should my expression of happiness to you matter. And neither should my apology.

I understand Jenni... See, I never posted that Paul has always been attracted to CD/TS. He told me that from the start. I explained to him that I didn't want to be hidden away and for him to be ashamed of me for who I am. I told him I didn't want a secret relationship. That's why he took me to the play and to the party. He told me he wanted me to trust him. What is so wrong with that? Why should my new life be questioned when all I'm doing is sharing the GOOD parts... Except for Timothy. And yes, the worries I posted about were and are real. I still worry. The other day at breakfast, I knew we were being stared at. People were gawking. But Paul didn't seem to care, and that made me more comfortable.
    I mean do I HAVE to write down every time someone laughed at us, pointed at us, or just stared at us? I don't want to focus on that!!! That wasn't or isn't or won't be the point of this thread for me. This is a totally new experience for me and I'm not making excuses for it. See, I've been attracted to men, but never really acted on it. Sort of. But, not like this. I've never been smitten over a man before. It's new to me and maybe I do write heavenly stuff. But, that's the way I feel.
    Sorry if I seem defensive... But, it just seems like I'm being attacked by people that I thought were my friends.
    Change is inevitable...

Banned Read only
    Jenny

Paul always being attracted to CD/TS is one thing. That is what he would have told you, and no doubt that him saying that would be the case. But the question is, would he have been as honest about that to his work colleagues? I've not yet met a man who has been open to everyone - both professionally and personally in that regard. Even in the gay community, men, in my experience, are not open (completely) about that. So it's not his attraction to you that is being questioned. It's his openness to everyone else, to the extent that he would introduce you - a transgendered person - to his work colleagues, after less than a handful of dates. Maybe the reason for that - that is, his openness in that regard - is because he's dated numerous CD/TS's in the past so that it's no longer an issue among his work friends. Is that the case?

No, you don't HAVE to write down ANY negativity in regards to your relationship. But to be honest, it would be nice to hear it. For to hear that would serve a much better purpose in regards to the doubts, trepidations that others here might be feeling in respect of them hoping, dreaming, realising, what it is like when they do come out of the closet. Your situation could be used as a catalyst, a confidence boost for such people, and in highlighting the good and the bad, being realistic and "dreamy" at the same time, may well help others come to terms with themselves. Because of what you HAVE chosen to disclose, your experience DOES come across as a fantasy, as an ideal. And that is the danger in posting such posts in a public domain. I say you don't want to focus on that, but do you have any idea how much others would gain from you doing precisely that? After all, the biggest thing that holds so many back is the fear of how other people would react. Yet here you are, going out, dating, living that reality, and yet you have chosen NOT to focus on the realities of living such a life. A harsher person than me would say that that is irresponsible.

You do come across as defensive. Only in light of the handful of posts today that have doubted your story however. Look, the vast majority of people on this forum are NOT friends. We are mere acquaintances who have something in common. But that commonality is diminished the moment we delve deeper into ourselves and realise that the CD community contains individuals who are just as diverse as any other person in society is. I love to play the piano. Yet not all pianists are my friends.

If your story is false (that's IF), then you have done nothing but take people for a ride. A ride on a fantasy that you want to go on. If your story is true, then my (and others) doubts are completely misguided. There is only one person here who knows which scenario is actually the case, and that person is you. No one else, no matter how brutal they may be in their criticism of you, or how complimentary they may be in their support of you. YOU know what the truth is. And thus it is you and only you who has to deal with that. Heart-broken you said earlier. No your not. Not by 4 or 5 "negative" messages in a 140-plus message thread. That just doesn't stack up. I mean, you could have had 4-5 messages that expressed their disgust at you being in a gay relationship (trust me, as a gay man, the percentages of disgust that I've experienced have been far higher than you've experienced here).

And for what it's worth - the "tee-hees" do grate a little. BadTranny did say it best - you are not a teenage girl. You never have been. You do not therefore know AT ALL what a teenage girl feels like. And no does another other CD/TS who has ever frequented this site. We just have a perception of what that would feel like. Nothing more. Your "tee-hees" therefore just come across, to me at least, as a caricature of what we, as MEN (which we are, or have been), imagine it to be.

I getcha... And yes, most of Paul's friends know he's gay. But, they did not know that he was attracted to CD/TG. Now they do. And it doesn't seem like a big deal to them or him. To me, yes. Very big deal. Every time we go out it's a BIG DEAL. I'm frightened, scared, nervous, everything a young person would go through on their first dates. Yeah, I'm a man... but a teenager when it comes to dating as a girl. That's the best way to explain it, and you did it for me. Every time we go somewhere, I'm terrified. Not for me, for him. I don't want him to be embarrassed. I'm so afraid that he is going to be ashamed of me because frankly I'm a guy in a dress. Do you really know how scary it is to walk into Denny's wearing short white shorts, a pink top and flip-flops? While holding the hand of man that you are attracted to and scared of at the same time? It's terrifying and exhilarating. To be honest, I'm scared... I really am. I don't know what to think. I'm so confused. Am I gay? Am I a girl? Am I bi? Am I a wondering straight guy? Experimenting? I'm growing boobs, but do I really want them? Yeah, I do... eventually. I think I'm enjoying the confusion too much. Does any of this make sense to anyone?
    Change is inevitable...

Banned Read only
    Jenny

Sexuality is very complex. Labels are put on all of us.

You have just labelled Paul as "gay". Meaning that Paul, a man, is attracted to... Men.

You, and anyone else reading this, will have to educate me. What is the label that we ascribe to men who find CD/TG's, in Jenny's own words, "attractive"?

A straight man finds women attractive. A CD who presents as female, and actually PASSES as female, will "fool" any straight man, and straight men will find such CD/TG's "attractive".

A gay man will not, because such CD/TG's do NOT look like men.

Can't answer that. Loaded question. Why are you attracted to men? Why was your mother attracted to your father? Why are men attracted to bathing suit models? Why are women attracted to lead guitarists? Because they just are. Not difficult to understand.
    Change is inevitable...

Banned Read only
    Ok, I'm going to leave it now, because I sense that you are getting annoyed and as a result looking for confrontation. I will simply say, it matters not a jot to you what I say, whether I believe you or not. Just be happy, and I genuinely do wish you all the best for the future.

Don't wanna be mean, Jenni... but, that isn't your name. You don't even post a pic of yourself. Your avatar is obviously not you, and you have the nerve to question me? As for me... Jenny is my name on my ID. The picture is of Jenny. I walk as Jenny all day until I have to go to work (which I've explained in another thread). And some of you have the nerve?

Sorry, I am upset at the turn of events in this thread. I just don't think it's fair. All I wanted to do was share a life experience with some of ya'll and I get crap. Lesson learned.
    Change is inevitable...

Good guys like Paul are very rare. Bogus stories on the internet however are not rare, so please excuse us for being a bit skeptical. I can't agree more with jenni_xx's posts.

Paul being gay and into CD/TG's seems atypical to me, but I have to admit that I don't know quite enough about that at all. I always assumed it was more of a straight thing, just like CD'ing itself.

Bogus stories?!?! Forgive me for wanting to share life experiences with ya'll. Dang, won't happen again. Didn't know that sharing life stories was against the rules. Got it. Ass holes. Guess I won't be back. Some of you think you are high and mighty with your covergirl BS. But you're not. Most of you are scared little girls sitting in a closet hiding away from the world. Then, you criticize me? I'm out there everyday. Not hiding in my bedroom or from a spouse. I'm in Walmart or Target shopping or where ever else. Believe it or not, I don't care... I'm going out on dates with a handsome gentleman and loving every minute of it. Some of you are giving me grief over it, but I don't give a dam... Okay? So, before you folks question me or criticize me... look in the mirror.

Done with this thread.
    Change is inevitable...

Well I found the thread cute and I stand by it. Maybe I'm just a romantic at heart IDK. I think all of us should have known that Jenny has never been with a guy before and he is a CD admirer. If I decided to have a relationship with a guy I would be a nervous wreck and not know how to handle it either. Of course she got read and all that but why state the obvious?

Yeah it read like a teenage girl's diary but I see no harm in it. I just don't see it a big deal.

Yes, I also understand people questioning her too.

Banned Read only
    "Originally Posted by kathtx
    But hey, I'm around here enough to expect any reply from badtranny to contain at least 30% snark by volume, so I'm cool."

At least 30%. It can get much higher.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny CD View Post
    Don't wanna be mean, Jenni... but, that isn't your name. You don't even post a pic of yourself. Your avatar is obviously not you, and you have the nerve to question me? As for me... Jenny is my name on my ID. The picture is of Jenny. I walk as Jenny all day until I have to go to work (which I've explained in another thread). And some of you have the nerve?

Sorry, I am upset at the turn of events in this thread. I just don't think it's fair. All I wanted to do was share a life experience with some of ya'll and I get crap. Lesson learned.
    You are right. Jenni isn't my real name. Just as I would presume that the vast majority of names that we all identify ourselves here by are not our actual names. I disclosed my real name to you in PM. And now, on a public message board, you are using that against me.

And you are also right - the avatar is obviously not me. It is a cartoon. An avatar that is one amongst many that this very site offers to us.

And you think it is pertinent to say that because I use a female name (as the majority do), and because I use an avatar that this very site provides, that I have no "right" to question you. I applaud you for having your own picture as your avatar. I mean that genuinely. But that you do doesn't give you the right to dismiss the posts of people who do not have a picture of themselves in an avatar. You are out of order for even insinuating such a thing.

I'm in no doubt that you are upset at the turn of events in this thread. I know I would be. But I am also mature enough to realise that, in an enviornment such as this, we leave ourselves exposed to positive and negative comments. It is up to ourselves to decide which comments we want to focus upon, which comments we want to find value in. This thread is now almost 150 posts in length, and the negative comments amount to a mere handful. If those negative comments are way off the mark, if those negative comments do not reflect what is actually happening to you, then you should simply dismiss them. But you have chosen, by your own accord, not to dismiss them. On the contrary, you have chosen to respond to such comments, and respond in such a way as to get personal to those who merely express doubt in what you say. You have chosen to attempt to belittle me, based on "Jenni" not being my real name (in which case, you are making a statement about the vast majority of people here), and have also chosen to belittle my opinion because I haven't posted a picture of myself in my avatar.

You are right - there is a lesson to be learned here. That is, do not ever have the "audacity" to merely question, or merely doubt, anything that another poster has to say. Well I'm sorry, but that kind of environment will only lead to a saturated environment which will result in this place becoming superficial, and as a result, disingenuous.

All I have ever done is express my doubt that your story is real. I've said, both here publicly, and in private to you in PM's, that it is only a doubt. I've never once catagorically stated that you are not telling the truth. Because I simply do not know whether you are or not. In return, you have chosen to get personal, and to belittle me. Forgive me, but I feel that that is unreasonable of you.

So you are (again) right. A lesson has indeed been learned.

True or not, I did enjoy reading this thread. I think a lot of us hope/wish it were true. A man like Paul who is comfortable with who he is and who you are surely wouldn't mind you posting pics of the two of you on one of your dates in here, if you want to embarrass the doubters....Anyway, why get upset about what other people post about your story? If it is true, who cares what they think? And if it isn't true, who cares? Still a good read!
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Like I said in my post, unless I see proof otherwise I will assume people are telling the truth.

Badtranny was right in another way though, lots of us haven't dated a man and don't know what it's like.
    Maybe some of our members more experienced in that area can write a guide or informative post of sorts?

Lets face it, someone who is just starting to explore their attraction to men is probably way more likely to be taken advantage of due to their inexperience.
    It's certainly something I worry about, this is an area where the more experienced members can guide people just starting with relationships, or hell, even just hookups with men.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post

Lets face it, someone who is just starting to explore their attraction to men is probably way more likely to be taken advantage of due to their inexperience.
    It's certainly something I worry about, this is an area where the more experienced members can guide people just starting with relationships, or hell, even just hookups with men.
    This is a very good point, I am seeing that the younger generation of crossdressers are more openly dating guys, but I am not sure if this site is the correct venue for that sort of advice