Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistic body work/changes?

ACK!
    Aren't you going to kill your liver at that dose?!

From what I read on the bottle 2 is the max per 4 hours because of the acetaminophen.
    Kinda funny how they'd have you get liver failure rather than get high.

E:
    I have leftover T3s so I take one plus a T1 for ~40mg codeine, works well enough combined with emla.
    I did switch to freezer wrap though which still looks ridiculous, but is a bit easier to work with.

Last edited by whowhatwhen; 08-12-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post

Another area that is often neglected is personal hygiene as proper care of the body beyond just simply bathing. You can spend hundreds of hours learning beauty tips as an aspect of personal hygiene.
    Would you please give us an example of what you mean?

OK now I am scared. I just talked to a friend of mine that does electrolysis professionally. She made it sound like it's no big deal. 200+ hours @ $64.00/hr is alot bigger then a big deal. Plus I won't like walking around with a bearded patch on my face. I didn't know you had to let it grow out so it could be removed or that I may need to wear a plastic bag on my face. Note to self ask more questions.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I have yet to use any type of numbing creams or pain killers. My tech prefers it that way so she can adjust the power levels not too high to cause skin damage.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

LOL.
    You don't need to wear a plastic bag, it just helps force the Emla numbing cream into the skin. (for me)

Yes, you do need about 3 days worth of growth.
    Yes, it's going to hurt.
    Yes, it's going to be expensive.

I haven't calculated the total cost but for ~18 hours I've probably spent over $1000, and for all I know my beard could require 400 hours.
    Try laser first if you can.

E:
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    If I went that route nothing would get done, I can barely handle the pain output for 1 hour even numbed up plus painkillers.
    What's weird is that after it's over you're like "huh, that's it eh?" but the whole time it was "OHGOD OHGOD OHGOD"

Banned Read only
    Oh quit complaining! Pull up your big girl panties and go get your face cleared. So what if it is expensive? It is only money. Think of all the other dumb stuff you could be spending that money on like rent/mortgage, food, medicine. It is totally worth every penny you spend.

The thing is though that it's really hard budget wise unless you're comfortably swimming in dough.
    I mean, I pay ~$240 per month for electro alone. Add in $200 more per month for therapy and I barely have enough for any, let alone a whole lot for any fun things.

Maybe one day hair removal will be covered here just like SRS is, if you get approval.
    Last edited by whowhatwhen; 08-12-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Yes it is hard. I spend about $200 a week on electrolysis. The rest of the money after bills......uhhh I can buy a soda or something. That is the limit of fun for me I guess. But one day it will all be over and I will never have to shave again or look like an ugly man either.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan37 View Post
    I have yet to use any type of numbing creams or pain killers. My tech prefers it that way so she can adjust the power levels not too high to cause skin damage.
    Good luck with that. It hurts like hell unless the tech has turned the power down so low "to avoid skin damage" that it's not damaging the follicles either.

She might get away with that on female body and facial hair but no way will it work on beard hair.

I'd suggest you find a technician who actually knows what they're doing with beards - few and far between.

The whole POINT of laser is that the correct equipment heats just the hair follicle's papilla. It also requires good contrast between hair color and skin color, hence the advice that it only works for dark hair and fair skin. If she's so concerned about skin damage, are you lacking that contrast?
    love

Cat

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Electrolysis is a necessary evil we all face to some degree. Those with sparse beards are what we call lucky and bear like faces like mine are called painful. No matter what you do there is going to be pain. How you deal with it is up to you. You can face it and try to make those around you comfortable or you can snivel and make everyone miserable. No on wants to hurt you but pain is a factor. I try to hide the pain and just get through the process until the next time. The first time you wake up in the morning and do not feel whiskers on your face you realize the pain was worth it.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

The girl who does my electrolysis tells me this is what separates the boys from the girls. She has seen many who come in for a session or two and never try it again. You have to really want it to go the whole distance. She mostly does TS girls and has been through it herself.

I'm going to snivel at times, hell, there have been a few appointments where tears were streaming from my eyes.
    Everyone has a different level of pain tolerance but my electrologist has been awesome taking that into account.

One or two times I had to stop early and she only charged me for the time I used, even though I booked an hour.

Corrine there is no shame in crying when it hurts. I do too sometimes.

I have a high threshold for pain, and my tech is doing a fine job. I know of 3 others that use her and they are also satisfied. She has around 35 years experience and has a large transgender client base.
    I have not had any laser, my hair at this point in my life is white and what color I do have was brown and red
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

Very funny Jorja you are
    . As for the rest of you fine(?) ladies thank you for making me feel no better . I am 57 I don't have years for this to work or the funds to spend. My endo told me the anti-a's should take care of some to alot of it and told me to wait until I have been on them for at least 6 months. Have any of ya'll seen a difference in that time?
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Anti androgens and even estrogen will not have much effect on facial hair. Gotta go through the pain.

Nope. Not at all. Might slow it some. I have not experienced reduced growth on my face. Body hair is an entirely different manner. My chest and stomach hair has virtually disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Smith View Post
    I am 57 I don't have years for this to work or the funds to spend.
    It's hard financially, physically, and emotionally but think of how awesome the end result will be!
    Even if you can only afford a small amount of time it's better than no time at all.

Luckily I get the next week off while she does renovations, then we try the laser again and hope I respond better.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-14-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Quote trimmed

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Smith View Post
    My endo told me the anti-a's should take care of some to alot of it and told me to wait until I have been on them for at least 6 months. Have any of ya'll seen a difference in that time?
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Anti androgens and even estrogen will not have much effect on facial hair. Gotta go through the pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan37 View Post
    Nope. Not at all. Might slow it some.

Agree completely. One year on anti-androgens and the body hair has slowed to a crawl - but the beard reduction is entirely down to pain and money.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-15-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Quotes trimmed
    love

Cat