Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you [at least a little] WORRIED?

Banned Read only

Are you [at least a little] WORRIED?

As in worried to where YOUR CDing path might lead or where it might end? It's a common sentiment here.

A bigger question might be were you worried before you started participating at this website?

I feel certain there are others who have never worried, fretted, been concerned - call it what you will. It's possible to NOT be compelled/controlled by it.

I often wonder if at least some of the many lurkers are afraid that IF they join and start participating, that the pink fog will catch them while they are asleep?

Yes, a little worried. Especially since joining this forum; I find the Internet is very addictive and enhances whatever other addictions I may have.

I want to explore my crossdressing more and I do think I can keep it under control, but yeah sometimes the pink fog does cloud my thoughts...

Banned Read only
    I've never felt worried as to where my "CDing path" might lead me. Looking back I've found that my CDing is more a spontaneous/instantaneous "event", one that I just feel compelled to "ride" as sees fit. I dress when I want, when I get the compulsion. No more no less.

I wasn't worried before I starting participating on this forum. I've been here for years now, and as you can see from my post count, I'm not exactly a prolific contributor. The way I look at this site is that it's just that - a site, a place that enables me to read other people's posts and submit my own when I deem fit.

I've often felt compelled by my CDing, but never felt controlled by it. It is part of me, and when it comes to myself, whatever I do, I am in control, that is my consciousness is in control.

I lurk here often. Feeling afraid is something that I've never felt when it comes to this site. Put simply, while it is nice that this site exists, it does not, nor ever will, define my identity as a crossdresser. It's merely an avenue that enables me to read the posts of others and express my own thoughts should I feel inclined to do so.

The phrase "pink fog" means little to me. Although it's interesting that you mention being asleep. For me, mornings, when I wake up, are often the time when I want to dress the most. When that happens, I dress. The crux of the matter for me is, if I feel like it, then I do it. If I don't, then I don't.

Nope, not worried. Picture Alfred E. Newman here. "What, me worried?" Am at the destination.

I know where I want my dressing to lead. Already coped through the guilt, indecision and doubt. Just it takes we older girls a bit more time and effort to get to there.

If you're frett'in and worry'in and feeling unsure, take it with some caution. Not all of us have crossed our Rubicon of gender discovery. Those of us that have face other challenges but at least the path is clear.

Hugs, Robin

I have posted concerns I have about where this might lead. I don't think I had such concerns before I joined the site, but then again it was only "just" prior to joining the site that I quit being in denial and acknowledged that I like feel my feminine side. Hopefully it plateaus right where it's at. Maybe a little more courage about going out and about but if not that's fine too.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I gave up worrying last millennium and I don't miss it. Worrying never accomplishes anything.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Definitely not worried where this might lead. Had some Pink fog to begin with, as I only started dressing fully last April....a 'Jenny Come Lately'. Other than that, I feel that all I want to do is go out more when dressed, but no thoughts towards transition at all. I'm in with a local support group but don't see that as my only outlet. I would rather just do my own thing.

Before I found this site, I was only worried that I was some kind of deviant with a fetish for women's clothing. Now I know I am. Some days, I do get the urge to dress more strongly than others, but I can put this off to more suitable times/days. i.e. It's a lot of effort getting dolled up on a Thursday night for a few hours fully en femme, whereas, if I do this Friday evening, I have all evening and into the small hours to do as I please.

I would say I'm fully in control of my CDing and it doesn't rule me. I like to be femme but don't want it to impinge too much on my life/relationship with my wife, therefore, it won't.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I do consider my possible paths, but no matter which one I follow it will be better than the one I was on before.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Worried? I have been seduced by the dark side...............
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Platinum Member
    Not worried, but aware. I've thought about where my path 'could' lead and aware that in a year or two or more, it's possible I might be farther along the path than I can presently envision. Participating on this website most certainly has influenced me. I've found that I've entertained and realized possibilities that I had not considered possible a few years ago. I don't think it's a fog, rather its learning from the example of others and coming to the realization that, yes, indeed its possible. And I can do that!

Banned Read only
    No

and

No.

Rapidly approaching the age of Too Old To Care...

Not worried. The most I'll ever go would be FFS, and possibly breast augmentation. I don't feel like hormones are right for me, but I wouldn't rule out testing to be sure. My wife would support FFS as long as when it's done, she can still see the man, and she'd love to be able to see the woman more clearly, so she'll support me on that one. BA, not so much, but she's got an open mind.

The real deciding factor for me (besides money) would be if I want this stuff more than I want to be with her. In that, I'm not worried. I'm certain that when/if a decision needs to happen, we'll make it together and live (uneasily at first, but happily with time) with the consequences. She may prefer not to be my wife after some of that, but she'll still want to sleep with me, as long as she's not seeing somebody.

I can say that if I were with someone who wasn't at all accepting, besides the fact that I'd dump her ASAP, I wouldn't care about losing her when I went past her comfort level. The reason my wife gets a voice in any of it (even though I get final decision) is BECAUSE she is so accepting, and I'd rather set a pace that she's comfortable with and still achieve the end goal while keeping her with me.

I think I was more worried or more uncertain before I joined this site. Now I am confident that crossdressing is enough for me and that possible transition is much less likely.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I've been busy researching exactly what shape and volume of breast implant I want. Do I worry? Yes, I worry about back pains if I go too large, and I worry about having to re-do the implant a decade or 15 years down the road, and I worry about how bad I'll feel in my throat after they take the breathing tube out after the operation. And I also worry about choosing sufficiently large as to appear foolish or over-compensating rather than natural. But mostly I worry about the potential back and neck pains. I do not worry about the social acceptance of having the breasts.

I worry about switching to using the women's bathrooms before the laws fully catch up. I don't need legal hassles; I don't need to be the test-case around exactly how far the new TG/TS Rights laws extend in my province. I am concerned about how my mother will feel about entering the same multi-user bathroom as me.

I worry about potentially trying to get a job before I have name change and breast augmentation. It would have to be a pretty welcoming place for me to feel comfortable going in with male legal name but female presentation. I worry about being somehow forced into trying to get a job as if I was a male: I went through enough years of hiding that the prospect of trying to hide in a new job literally makes me nauseated.

You might have noticed a pattern here: the worries above are more about not transitioning.

I worry that I might have to break up my 18+ year relationship in order to be able to live with myself.

People who transition in later life very often have regrets or "grieving" about the paths and potentials and relationships they need to close off in order to move in. Transitioning is pretty scary to most people. It just isn't as scary or hurtful as the alternative.

Aspiring Member
    I'm less worried now than I was before I started reading this forum, and less worried after I joined the forum and started participating and interacting with others.

Right now (the last week or so) I seem to be going through a bit of a funk where I don't have a strong desire to dress up. I have been wondering if it seems too normal to me now to dress up. Dang and I just bought a bunch of new cloths and shoes!!! oh well I am sure the urge will be back soon! In the mean time I am still enjoying reading about and pm-ing my new friends here on the forum!!

Seana

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    I worry about having to re-do the implant a decade or 15 years down the road
    Would that be a Re-plant?

Maybe it's a do-over?

I think it's called a Mulligan.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Heh. The technical term is "revision".

The only thing I ever worried about was being found out by my wife. We had the dreaded talk this year and everything has been fine. I get to dress and shop more than before. The only thing holding me back now is the kids. This summer has been terrible. They stay up too late and have had other family problems that have hindered me this summer. I just grin and bear it and I know the sun will rise again and I will have my time again. I think what saves me now is that I get sleep in my night gowns. If I didn't have that then I think only worry I would have is going stir crazy.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

How many revisions does it take to get to Boob 1.0? Do you have the stable even numbered releases going concurrently with the unstable odd-numbered releases?

Smile

the only worry i have is income for the next 30+ years.
    as in what job could loni do that pays real money,
    the company i work for now. lets just say no law can protect you even on the job.
    and having to start at the bottom....again. not at my age.

as for loni she has her own life. would if i could get hormone replacement treatments.
    (see paragraph above)

for me the pink fog is not a problem, but income is.
    in 15 - 20 years she has to sell off everything collected over a lifetime.
    just so she can move into a studio apt in a (sic) city.
    closer to medical, shopping, food stores, etc. even public bus lines.
    as i guess when i get over 80 even i would not want to drive too much.

I've never worried about hardly anything in life.... I figured it is what it is and will be what it will be.... and I can live with it..... or adjust or fix what ever comes down the pike.... like to think I'm kind of flexible like that.... amongst being flexible in other ways! lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I worry about my credit card balance, and all the purchases like dresses, shoes, laser hair removal.
    I reached my zen center, I am what I am, and all is said and done.......Hey look! Check out that gorgeous Michael Kors handbag. I want it!