Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on CD's altering their pics in Photoshop

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    LOL seriously?? Ok, seems you have a problem with members who aren't being honest... this is quite laughable seeing as they are CD'ers...
    Hey, no hitting below the belt. BTW, That actually hurts....yeaouwza

LOL and quite frankly, I still think it's creepy that you're spending so much time looking at pictures to pick fault like that, wth are you doing??
    Gee, I hope I covered up all my Zits. This plaster stuff is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    The website "faceinhole" is a hoot! ......let your imagination run wild!
    Lori I posted a pic totally shopped using "faceinhole" on your thread "Another Drive By" not intended to fool anybody and modestly presented -- and was delited by mods ! It was totally meant as an example of having fun by "shopping" your photos.
    .............What are the peramators?....mods? as long as dishonesty is not involved , I think we all realize when it's done........................Debra

what was the big deal...........the face is all mine - untouched, the body - I wish
    fih1360289910898.jpg
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 07-31-2013 at 12:29 PM.

LOL seriously?? Ok, seems you have a problem with members who aren't being honest... this is quite laughable seeing as they are CD'ers... and quite frankly, I still think it's creepy that you're spending so much time looking at pictures to pick fault like that, wth are you doing?? using a magnifying glass to see if you can see something else?? tut tut... I'd stop that if I were you
    Oh wait, you're NOT supposed to look at the pictures other people post? That might explain a thing or two And I seriously never considered the concept of a dishonest CD being dishonest, thanks for that, I think I'm going to give it a rest now

I crop my photos to make them smaller to upload them. Otherwise it's pretty much me, I cheat a little and use tape to create a temporary face lift, that's why I always wear bangs. I really don't think it matters what methods one uses to get their best look as long as your happy with it and happy with yourself. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    My theory is that I can not alter myself for the real world so why do it in photos.
    Erica

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    I think we all realize when it's done........................Debra

what was the big deal...........the face is all mine - untouched, the body - I wish
    Nice Necklace......................

I understand wanting to have a photo of one's self look as good as possible. Adjusting light, contrast and color depth is sometimes needed to offset bad lighting at the time the photo was taken.

I do have a problem with people altering their photos so that the photo does not really represent the real person. I frequently see situations where one's avatar looks totally different from the photos of that person when they are displayed.

Obviously, if one has had a makeover the result will not look like that person normally does. I think that a real-life photo helps me to get a "feel" for a person.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    Oh wait, you're NOT supposed to look at the pictures other people post?
    God no some of them are wayy too hot

I think I'm going to give it a rest now
    I like the banter, it's not very often I post on the forums I hope you didn't edit that profile picture lol
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I still think it's creepy that you're spending so much time looking at pictures to pick fault like that
    I could point you to a dozen pictures which are obviously altered, and it doesn't take a magnifying glass to see it. You don't have to stare at these pictures and analyze them pixel by pixel to notice, if you have experience at this kind of thing - which many people do. I personally find these things kind of amusing.

When I'm reading, when I run into a word that is misspelled, or misused, I am totally unable NOT to notice - it is outside my control. When I am looking at a picture that is obviously altered, I am unable NOT to notice - it is outside my control as well. What I control is how I react to it. I react badly to misspellings and grammar errors. I react with amusement at altered pictures. But I absolutely CANNOT stop myself from noticing.

If you are walking down the street and you notice someone is wearing a wig, is it creepy that you noticed? Or creepy that someone is wearing such a terrible wig?

Deedee
    Last edited by Deedee Skyblue; 07-31-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I like the banter, it's not very often I post on the forums I hope you didn't edit that profile picture lol
    Nah my profile pic is purely poor lights and terrible webcam magic, and making a hundred of them until you get one in which you don't look like a dork in a wig

OMG I CHEATED

But you should post more often! I like how not nice you are

Banned Read only
    Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, considering how "badly" some here want/need to "PASS", is it any wonder?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 07-31-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: comma

Banned Read only
    God no some of them are wayy too hot
    You are the first woman that I've seen, that has ever commented on pictures. WOW.
    Good Job

Thing is w/ Tamara, She is the keeper of the shiny red "ban" button. I hope she doesn't have an itchy finger

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    To me there is only an issue if there is some subterfuge of a personal or professional nature involved.

Other, who cares? I only wish I had enough facility with photoshop to do any quality work. But I'd rather spend the time perfecting the real me.

Honestly who cares.

I believe it is personal preference on how anyone would like to represent themselves.

I personally don't do a thing other than cropping to get all the wasted space and file size out of the image.

I'm not allowed, I get yelled at

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    You are the first woman that I've seen, that has ever commented on pictures. WOW.
    Good Job
    I've posted on a few, just not lately... don't have the time tbh, but I do look at a lot of them

Thing is w/ Tamara, She is the keeper of the shiny red "ban" button. I hope she doesn't have an itchy finger
    Not today Infact I think I've lifted more bans lately... must be going bloody soft
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    I could point you to a dozen pictures which are obviously altered, and it doesn't take a magnifying glass to see it. You don't have to stare at these pictures and analyze them pixel by pixel to notice, if you have experience at this kind of thing - which many people do. I personally find these things kind of amusing.

When I'm reading, when I run into a word that is misspelled, or misused, I am totally unable NOT to notice - it is outside my control. When I am looking at a picture that is obviously altered, I am unable NOT to notice - it is outside my control as well. What I control is how I react to it. I react badly to misspellings and grammar errors. I react with amusement at altered pictures. But I absolutely CANNOT stop myself from noticing.
    Deedee, the first part reminds me of a couple of friends. Back in the days of film photography (remember?), a friend of mine enlarged and framed some of his favorite photos, and displayed them. When someone asked about a photo, he would go off into a discussion about how sharp the photo was in the corners. For him, it wasn't about the subject, but about the photography. Another friend had a great stereo system, and was near orgasmic over the clarity, but had little to say about the music. By the way, they don't put a microphone in front of a band any more. Every voice and instrument is put on a separate track and each track is perfected before being mixed. That's so we don't notice imperfections.

The second part reminds me of Monk, or maybe Kathy Bates in Misery. Or me. I have my own strange things I do, like count steps when I walk or climb stairs. Can't help it.

I work professionally in Photoshop, and without floating my own boat, I could if I wanted edit my pics in ways that you'd never be able to spot. But I don't, because I don't see the point in putting up pics for people to comment on when it's not really me.

I don't have a problem with other people doing it if it makes them happy, but I would say this; most people are bad at photoshop. You only have to google 'photoshop disasters' to see that there are plenty of professionals who use it day in day out that are no good at it. So when people on here edit their photos extensively, I can spot it quite easily. I have seen faces put onto bodies, and it's quite obvious. I never comment on it, because I have no desire to make someone else feel a bit crapper. If putting up those photos helps them deal with things, or just makes them feel that little bit better, then who am I to judge.

I can still tell though
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

We can do with our pics anything we want, the first picture I ever post here was a TAZZ makeover, personally I just try to find a good angle when taking a pic...sometimes I have dates with guys that I met online and I try to present myself just the way I look on the pics

Color balance, brightness is alright. Smudge tool, airbrush is ...questionable.
    If I set a dating profile, I try to put some of my good ones and some not so good, so the other person gets the idea. So far it has not been rewarding, but still...
    I can spot altered images, easily Easier on a CRT monitor, where colors are in tact and it doesnt have that LCD background lightning.
    I prefer un-altered images.
    Like many, I will not comment or boost the persons ego who unskillfully, unjustly altered his/hers images.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy A View Post
    I don't have a problem with other people doing it if it makes them happy, but I would say this; most people are bad at photoshop. You only have to google 'photoshop disasters' to see that there are plenty of professionals who use it day in day out that are no good at it. So when people on here edit their photos extensively, I can spot it quite easily.
    I haven't really been able to tell, except when it was deliberately obvious. Do you feel it is quite common here? (Judging from the comments here, it's perhaps not so common.)

- Becky
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi

Banned Read only
    Alright, here is my photo that's photochopped and altered. I bet you wont be able to tell the difference.

Victoria:

Nice Necklace......................
    Love you girl, you have a great sense of humor... this has gotten too serious

Banned Read only
    It's not worky, Marleena. BTW...the 3 stooges are cool. My wife thinks that they idiots and hates them. Goes to show what she knows

Banned Read only
    My first opinion is that only a fool would not use Photoshop. It's very powerful, and I'm stuck with stinking Linux GIMP Image Editor... *Pouts.*

My second opinion is this: I'm totally cool with a CD using Photoshop to alter images. Do whatever you want, free country and all that junk. And even more importantly, have some fun about this kinda thing for once. One glance at the main forums proves there needs to be more fun stuff. BUT!, on a site like this, make it clear which one is real and which one has been 'Shopped. You never know when you might have the courage to actually go hang out with some one from a website like this (for example, they providing support for your first/second outing, etc), and thus... if you've shown a 'Sopped image, and you walk up to them looking different, it's gonna mess with their minds.

Besides, and I'm probably the worst person to say this, but wouldn't you want to brag about how much you can change without using a computer?