I had some mindless entertainment while doing some summer driving, but it got me thinking about stuff like the ongoing discussions "passing".
First, try this while driving, walking, jogging, biking, whatever. Look at someone who is maybe a few hundred yards ahead of you, and decide whether they are male or female (or at least how they are presenting, as we all know). When you get near them, see if you were right. I figure I'm right 75 to 90% of the time, and I'm sure you can do the same.
Now the tricky part: What is it that let you identify them correctly? Clothing (not just skirt vs pants but color and fabric)? Hair? Walking or running style? Shape (hips and butt vs big shoulders)? Several of these factors, or something else?
The group that will lower your average are bicyclists, who commonly dress the same and have many of the same motions, but even then I'll bet you can spot a woman once you get within 100 yards.
So, my new challenge is to figure out what really gives away gender at longer distances. Thoughts?