Thread: Just In From Without

Just In From Without

Yeah, I just went out for a beer. The proprieter paid the tab 'cause I was bereft of the necessary funds to complete the transaction. In a town of less than 1500 souls. But you would be suprised. They seemed to love me..,even though I was a TRANS..,you know what I mean? I had the nerve & verve. They thought I was a hoot! They do respond favourably towards the non-retractable behavior. . It was a favorable experience because I laid myself open to the enevitable. I believe that to be the key. However,I did not get a date. Because I didn't want one. Just acceptance. Love &kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Hi Darlena,

Quite often we're our own worst enimies, going out into the world with unrealistic expectations of both ourselves and those around us. We want to be 'women' - or 'men' - and we get hurt when it doesn't go the way we wanted. It sounds like you have a good attitude about all of this and it shows - and worked in your favor.

Experiences like this are important to share. For all the whinging we do (myself included), society - in general - really is more accepting than we want to give credit. Sure, there will always be bad encounters, but I keep seeing the good outweigh the bad.

Thank's for sharing.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    Hi Darlena

My wife and I somehow ended up in a red neck bar, they sure thought I was something, but nobody gave me any trouble. I go out everywhere with the expectation that I'll get read. I figure I pass to most of the people some of the time, some of the people most of the time. In other words, I get by all right, I haven't been chased out of the ladies room yet, but I do get read every time I go out. It doesn't bother me, and I've never had any problems, only occasional giggles from teen-age girls.

NOTE TO ALL TEEN-AGE GIRLS WHO GIGGLE AT TRANNIES:
    No, even though Nick Lachey is available since being dumped by Jessica Simpson, he's not going to marry you! So there!

The key for me is that when I go out I want to enjoy the whole experience and have fun, so I'm not going to let a giggle or wierd look from a total stranger who I'll never see again spoil any of it for me. I smile at everyone who looks my way, read or not, and in the vast majority of cases they smile right back to me. Usually when I've been made people are as polite and courteous to me as I am to them. Anyway, that's what works for me.

GypsyKaren