Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So just how CONFIDENT are you?

Banned Read only

So just how CONFIDENT are you?

Confident as in... YOU go out "dressed" regularly into the RW.

Maybe you have never had it happen? [yet]

If not, just take your best guess as to what your very FIRST impulse or thought might be IF... you hear a "wolf whistle" while out in the RW.

1] I've been busted

2] I obviously "passed"

3] Totally ignore and go on with your shopping or whatever you are doing

4] RUN FOREST, RUN!

5] You IMMEDIAYELY turn to the direction of the whistle, to attempt to gage intent

6] Autonimously go into Kung Fu mode ready to tear some wisea$$ a new one.

7] Other???

I have had it happen. I totally ignore it.

Jodi

On a scale of 1-10 I would have to say my confidence is about 2. I went out in public once and it freaked me out. I have a great time in the safe environment we have found however.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

As I said in another thread, probably wiggle my buttski.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Depends how I am dressed, where I am and if I can actually see the person who whistled. But, most likely, I would just accept it and keep on doing what I was doing. In some circumstances and depending on my mood, I might actually try to see that person and smile and maybe even say "Thanks". I am at a point now where I don't even pay attention to call outs to me or "us" when we are out. In fact one time last year someone we know did that and after quite a few steps we looked at each other and asked, "Did someone just call out my name?" We eventually, many months later, saw him again and apologized for our lack of paying attention.

I would ignore it and move on. At my age, nobody would whistle even if I was a GG. Besides, I'm not interested in meeting or even seeing a guy who would do such a thing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    My confidence totally outstrips reality. LOL
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    It seems obvious from the "other" thread that most would somehow feel insulted? Does that mean when people say not a single word and don't bat an eye, that people think they "passed"?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had a few wolfies first one I turned and looked to see who did it and did a bow and a curtsy.
    Second one I smiled when I turned around and caught an applause from the group of guys that did it.
    I actually like it when it happens.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I have been going out dressed for 8 years, and I've never gotten a wolf whistle.

I have gotten "Hey, sexy" and a few similar calls (including remarks on my clothes) that, in context, were obviously intended to be derisive (the snickers give it away). I just walk on by; they are usually trying to provoke a reaction. Yes, in theory I could approach them and turn it into a "teaching opportunity", but I don't have the time.

I had one (younger) creep follow me in his car taking pictures and calling out the window that I was cute, and asking whether I wanted to "work" a party. I kept going (though with an eye to my safety.) He didn't deserve a response (other than perhaps to be given the middle finger -- or to have the police called on him.)

I have received some polite normal-volume remarks on my appearance that did appear to be directly sincere, or at least seemed to be expressions that I looked okay and that the person was complimenting my efforts to be myself. I say "Thanks" to those, and I might remark on where I obtained an item.

The most sincere compliment I ever received about my female body appearance was relatively early on, and was not given to me directly. It was a summer evening, I had a thinner shirt on, and underneath I had taped two layers of "add a cup" shapers using double-sided Scotch tape. As I walked near one of the local universities, a few seconds after I had passed a group of three younger people, one of the guys exclaimed to his friends, "Did you see that? Those were nice breasts! ... I mean, really nice!". The remark was very spontaneous and was not being spoken to me: it was exactly the tone and timing of a young man who has just seen someone with breasts the fellow really liked. The group had already passed me so I didn't say anything, but I certainly did smile to myself afterwards

Platinum Member
    It's never happened. I don't know if I should be disappointed or relieved.

When it happens and it is not often, I turn, smile, and then continue on. I take it as a compliment.
    Last edited by DeeArel; 08-01-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Beats me, but I have never had any problems going out, and I do on a regular basis both to clubs and the real world....keep calm and carry on...and rock the living crap out of whatever you have got!

For me, its pretty easy to go out dressed in just about anything. I've got a lot of confidence in wearing whatever. Thats the joy of being a total nerd! I go to conventions dressed up as comic/movie characters, I've done performing arts as a mime in the Piazza Nuvona in Rome Italy etc. Dressing in a skirt or dress? No problem. My downside is that I really don't care at all what people think so I also don't try and present as a woman. I'm manly enough to know I could never pass so i just wear whatever I enjoy and leave it at that. NOW! I have not actually gone out dressed en femme but that is only because i have not had the opportunity. Especially since my wife is so anti crossdressing. I may have a chance at some point in the near future since a female friend of mine loves my fashion sense and wants me to be her personal shopper for a day. Hopefully that happens soon. Im so dying to get out there!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well let me see. Things I can worry about:

1. Flying pigs.
    2. What to say if God speaks to me?
    3. Someone whistling at me.

#3 is the least likely.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I have zero confidence. I have tried my best to avoid going outside while dressed, and managed to only go outside once for a class presentation about appearances. I absolutely refuse to be around other people when dressed.

If I get a wolf whistle, I'm going to run, he must be deranged!
    Now as far as going out, years ago, I got up the nerve to go out, because I was on a site for CD's and everyone said you just have to get out.
    I went shopping, was in a Large store, and found myself the subject of interest to two 14'ish aged young ladies that stocked me around the store trying to get a better look, I got out back to the car, and have never tried to do it again, I've gone for drives, and end up a nervous wreak just from passing cars, so I gave that up too.
    It's funny, I can shop in the women's section so comfortability that it must be obvious I'm shopping for me, but I can't get passed the fear of being out dressed.
    Oh well, since the wife worries about safety and reputations, it makes her happy I'm such a chicken.
    But I know me, someone laughs, and I'm not going to be a lady about it!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I'd say mine's pretty high...'bout nine out of a ten.

It's taken me a while but I pretty much go where I want when I want. I've gotten everything from "OMG it's one of them" by a 20 somethin' in a store to "hey this dress would look nice on you hun" from a middle aged GG lady in a thrift store. Walking downtown, got "hey someone's looking beautiful today" from a guy in a pickup truck and just smiled and kept walking.... lovin every step...

It's one of the hardest things to do I've found in this CD world is to get the IDC 'tude. I mean, I care what I look like, but I really don't care what others think. ...

Renne......

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A few days ago I was out enfemme and had a 40 something guy ( long hair long beard kind of duck dynasty looking) pull up beside me at a traffic light and he looked over and smiled and said I love when a pretty woman drives an SUV.
    I asked why is that? with a smile of course.
    He said because it shows a tomboy side and I like that.
    I replied thank you. I do love a little off roading.He got a huge smile and said right on sister!
    I'm assuming his eyesight wasn't all that good but I took it as a compliment LOLOLOL.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-01-2013 at 09:50 PM.

I like me.
    Malls, Trains, Airlines, car rentals, everywhere.
    The young folks (car hops) on rollerskates/rollerblades at Sonic Drive in just don't seem to notice or care how I dress. They seem to appreciate me. I just want my Coney Island Chili Cheese Hot Dog & lime lime-aid.

Well, I feel I pass reasonably well. I have not received a Woolf whistle yet, however, I believe my first reflex would be to establish intent. If it is genuine, I think I would likely return with a little hair toss, and an eyelash flutter, and go on about my business.
    If it was because I was read and they were making fun, I think that would receive an eye-roll, and I'd move on.
    How-some-ever...... In my case in dealing with the flirtatious, they have insisted on trying to put their hands on me. Usually though, brushing the hand away, and stating "I'm a lesbian" is good enough. I did have one joker who refused to take no for an answer. I ended up having to sink my nails into his arm as I removed it from my shoulder for the millionth time. I sank my nails in hard and brought him to his knees, and said "what part of "lesbian" do you not understand?" I then kissed my Polar Bear (this was the night I met her BTW) The guy finally got the hint.

I'd do what Katydid. (Terrible pun, sorry, but what Kate said!)

I haven't gone out en femme, but I go out mixdressed, so when I see gawkers that are trying to hide the fact they're gawking, I turn my ass to them and shake it. I haven't flashed anybody yet (besides my wife), but it's usually a slit skirt where the slit goes to the waste, so it's definitely on the menu.

Not very likely in my case. That said, if I'm not in a situation where I'm worried for my safety, a wink and a smile and continue on my way before he comes to his senses.

Silver Member
    Only in my youth, but then back then nice guys didn't do wolf whistles. Now days even the bad guys would whistle at an old woman.

I am struggling with my confidence. I know there is no mistaking me as a man in a dress, no matter how much effort I might put into my appearance and I have to try and find my inner "screw you" to the world and learn to not care what people think. Not there yet though by a long way