Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So just how CONFIDENT are you?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A whistle is pretty harmless IMO.

3 works for me. I've had a few stares and a couple of comments but mostly I just don't pay attention to anyone anymore. I go about my business and let others do the same.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I guess my reaction is usually 4.....I have been whistled at and I have had the "hey baby" and even the hand on the arm. I don't like it one bit and want nothing to do with it. I feel very threatened by it. But then I have a pretty big fear of men so it does not take much for me to get frightened by them. A woman has never been anything but nice to me when in passing or conversation. I usually try not to go out alone.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I'm in the 1, 2 and 3 group. Sometimes I don't have any negative contacts so I feel as though I passed. Other times I've been busted for sure. Most of the time I jut go on about my business and let it go.
    Stephanie

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I'd say that I am quite confident and comfortable with my crossdressing. When I receive something like a wolf whistle, I wonder if the person is admiring the same attribute(s) that I, myself took an admiration of while looking in the mirror before heading out in public. Hmmm maybe they are expressing their admiration to something I did not see?
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 08-02-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    As I said in another thread, probably wiggle my buttski.
    I have done the same. Turned, smiled and wink.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Ignore it for sure!

In my book I haven't really been out. My confidence is growing daily. This is the reason I'm going to SCC this year.

I'm not very confident either. I only go out into the RW when I'm with a group. Would never go alone. The last time I was out and about with my friends we were walking from the wig shop we had just visited to the car when I noticed two guys walking towards us. I was bracing myself for the negative comments (hey, looka the freaks, etc) and instead I hear "good evening ladies" and the guys kept on walking. Talk about being in shock. I wasn't expecting two young men to be so polite. Or maybe because there were 4 of us girls and we had them outnumbered?
    -Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    A whistle is pretty harmless IMO.
    So is calling a black person a "n****r", but it's not appropriate.

GGs shouldn't have to put up with that crap and neither should we.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

When i was younger my ex-wife dealt with my dressing by putting me on the spot like dressing me in her short dresses ahd heels apurse and makeup we would then just walk around the neighborhood it was on a main street oOMG!! i remember the absolute fear panic and thrilling it was it felt great to be ackowleged but scarey TOO. It was the only time i felt alive .now that im older i dont feel that any more and miss it sooo much now i sit in my yard by myself .

I've gone out many times in my life but never had that happen. If that did happen, though, my immediate reaction would be #3.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    A wolf whistle? ROFL I'd start laughing hysterically. At 63 they must be pretty desperate! I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

It pisses me off every time that happens! But I've trained myself to let it slide on by without giving the source a visible reaction, which is what it is intended to illicit. They aren't worth it.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Not confident at all. That's why I wear my stuff around the house or at a custume party. Alot of people perceive crossdressers as gay in which I'm not and if my parents found out it would prolly upset them considering my brother is gay. They had a hard time accepting it at first but then they became ok with it. My parents want a grandbaby and at this rate they will never get one. I give up trying to find the one.

Probably 1 :P
    I've never gone out trying to pass u.u
    Only once in shorts and I got eyeballed but honestly I got over it but it was terrifying at that moment .3.

waha if when and if I ever go out trying to pass and that happens, I'll try to be confident enough to ignore them, but internally I know i'll think i'm busted :P

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I am confident between a 9 and a 10 but I put a lot of effort in to it. Everything from a waist cincher to hip and butt pads. Women's watch and an imitation but believable wedding ring set ($40). Well done makeup. nails, false eyelashes, but appropriate to the venue. When I go out in public I look as much like a woman as possible.

I have had one time where two younger guys in a hotel lobby while I waited at the elevator about fifteen feet away, had made me, politely. One whispered to the other who replied in a wisper "Oh Yeh". And one time where a fire truck, not on the way to a fire, stopped in the lane on the opposite side of the street, honked twice, and left. Also without any impolite comments. Each time I reacted just like a woman would.

But I don't care. This is so much fun that I am willing to take the potential bad with the definite and frequent pleasure. The burden is on THEM if they make a mistake. Think about it. What if YOU approached someone you thought was a crossdresser to invite her to a local support group? What if the CDer was actually a woman? How would you and the surrounding audience react when she throws a fit? One day I may be confronted by a self-appointed representative of the inhuman race. What if I AM a woman but one who had been shortchanged in the genes? What if I react exactly like a woman would, with some combination of drama, pain, anguish, loud, hurt feelings, sad face? Then that self ppinted master of gender determination would be judged by the people on the periphery as having offended a woman. Doing a socially unacceptable act. The risk is theirs. So I don't care because I am going to continue to have FUN with this.

I avoid the biker bars, the malls from 2:30pm to 7:00pm, the locations frequented by teeny boppers, tweens, and homophobes. But I also don't frequent those places when in guy mode. So I am not sacrificing anything.

So go if you want to. Get out there and have fun. Maybe in a town an hour away from your home town. Or on the other side of a big city. Pick safe places and times. But enjoy yourself. Just because some ass thinks that they are so wise because they "made" you is not enough of a deterrent to give up your enjoyment.

I would rather do something (within reason of course) and be able to say I did it and enjoyed it, or that I did it and found that I didn't enjoy it, than to look back and say I wish I had tried that, or I wish I had done more of that.

I have had too many people in advanced age tell me that their one regret was not experiencing...................................... ......................

I have had that happen several times and its kinda nice.
    My response is usually a wave and some times blow them a kiss.
    Renee

I am not confident at all in fact i know i cant pass but i have a loving wife who supports my dressing and i am happy to do it at home. At least for now.

Definitely not confident here, so I would fall into the Run Forest Run category. If some where, some how, there was a place to go out and not be judged I would (probably) try it, but really its just not in my DNA. I'll just stand here quietly in the closet and be jealous of those who have what it takes to step outside.

I totally don't pass, so I don't have to worry about wolf whistles. Mostly I have to deal with the puzzled looks that say, "Why is that guy dressed like that?" I just ignore them.

I would feel very confident but also I prefer dressing only around the house, I live alone and don't have no one to go out with, if I had someone to go out with then yes.

My first full dress attempt was also my first trip out. My crossdressing was initiated by my boyfriend, (its a "bondage" relationship, and he ordered me to do so.) My wife was thrilled when I told her, and helped me every step of the way, including coming with to his house.
    So we arrive, both dresses in our LBDs, heels and stockings, on a saturday night about 10. There were a group of guys hanging out in the neighbor across the streets yarx drinking, and one of them whistled and yelled out, "lookin GOOD Ladies!"
    We waved, and I was HOOKED!
    That's what really started it for me... aside from a few episodes in my early teens with my stepsisters panties....

I'm 6'5" tall and weigh 280.

I go out in public daily and would be more concerned about the villagers and their pitchforks than getting whistled at.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm confident enough to post a "real" picture of me as my avatar here, and to include a link to my Flickr site, which includes a few pictures of me "out and about" with friends. Speaking of "friends", I feel quite fortunate that I can count at least 20 CD girlfriends whom I see and hangout with regularly, and a few more in more distant places that I may only see yearly but whom I love dearly.