Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So just how CONFIDENT are you?

I am confident enough to go out fully dressed to LGBT/T-girl/Lez clubs late at night. As far as my daytime dressing, while I love going out during the day fully dressed as a woman, I tend to limit that to situations wherein I don't have to interact with others. Usually, that is things like gassing my car, dropping off dry cleaning at a remote site and so. While I am quite passable, my deep voice is a dead give away.

Banned Read only
    Thanks for all the replies ladies. The purpose of this thread was to determine how YOU would INTERPRET a wolf whistle and how did you handle it OR do you have any idea what your reaction might be.

So my view, you and i don't pass... to what are tolerates that... going out dressing...
    i don't know where you live, but if you don't get it right, you may get hurt. NY, Texas, MD, LA...
    Be safe.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Wolf whistles don't bother me in the least. Confidence wise.. I'll stand proudly next to any GG.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

My confidence scale is about nine and if I get a wolf whistle I guess it goes up at least a point.
    Sometimes I do make eye contact.

That was at least twenty years ago.
    Those were the days..
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    I go out all the time and haven't head a wolf whistle yet. What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    The burden is on THEM if they make a mistake. Think about it. What if YOU approached someone you thought was a crossdresser to invite her to a local support group? What if the CDer was actually a woman? How would you and the surrounding audience react when she throws a fit?
    This is on the same level as asking a woman when she's expecting and congratulating her, and then finding out she's not pregnant.

OOOPS.

I've been going out in skirts for 12 years. I wear skirts all the time. Had lots of wolf whistles, probably because I love to wear short miniskirts. I just ignore them.
    Have fun now, life is too short to wait,
    RedBaron
    http://www.facebook.com/guenther.eichhorn

I would say 9.9. I present as a woman 24/7 but there is always a slight fear of being found out. Will that go away even after HRT and SRS? I doubt it as the truth is that I was still born a male for some reason.

It happens. What you need to remember is, it happens to woman all the time...to any woman. What do you do? ...hell if I know, that's why I ignore it and keep on moving and I don't think I want to explain to one of those guys why he's suddenly attracted to a man! ...but, I've also had some close conversation and passed for a little bit...its scary at first because I don't want to trick anyone and yet its also liberating to experience what most woman get....even for a guy, I was shocked at the crap guys say to impress a woman....total BS.
    Chickie

For those who don't pass, post on craigslist as t4m and you'll see how men try to impress women.

It's downright pathetic. I was going to write an article about it, but deleted the messages before I had the blog engine on my site, and I haven't managed to work up the stomach to deal with doing it again just to write an article about it.

I promise I'll do it, but it might be awhile.

Men don't know how to flirt. Period. They've got no clue. When they wolf-whistle, they really do think on some level that that's going to get them laid. It's crazy. It's irrational. It's no surprise that it's MEN.

I'm not passable but I have gone out solo, on rare occasion, with pantyhose under my jeans and a pair of nice sneakers. If I'm with my wife and we go out to a movie, then I feel much better about it. I think the shocker was being caught in public one day while at the post office checking out my mail. I had a pair of ultra sheer nude pantyhose on under my jeans, which weren't long enough to cover to the top of my deck shoes. I remember the janitor staring at my feet and saying something to the effect that that guy is wearing nylons to a coworker. How he could of made that determination was beyond me but I started to go into panic mode and left rather quickly. I guess it's safe to say that as much as I want to wear outside the house, I still get flashbacks of that moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    ....... The purpose of this thread was to determine how YOU would INTERPRET a wolf whistle ........
    A male who would whistle at a female does it to embarass that female. He knows she won't and can't do anything about it.

A male who whistles at a crossdresser is doing pretty much the same thing, trying to embarass her. Or insult her.

The point I tried to make earlier is that anyone who would do something like that, to a GG or a CD, is a low class, uneducated sort of person. Someone who is likely to be employed as a ditch digger, not an executive.

I go out all the time and haven't head a wolf whistle yet. What does that mean?
    It means you are going out in a better part of town, not where the low-lifes hang out.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    So if a GG whistles at a cd, ts, or men it is trying to embarrass them as well?

Before, you say that GG's don't do such a thing.....
    I've had received some from gg's in both gurl and guy modes....

I think you'd have to be really passable and wearing really sexy clothes to get whistled at (even most GGs don't get whistled at most of the time). I think if it happened to me I'd probably just smile and walk away

Banned Read only
    Seems to me, that Interpretation is EVERYTHING. Unless I have misinterpreted some of the responses, not all members consider them insults or derogatory? I'm clearly not the only one here who can't read minds.

I'd also bet my last dollar that not all GGs consider EVERY wolf whistle derogatory. Is there a GG alive who hasn't gotten at least ONE from a SO at some point in her life?

I am 43 years old. And been through allot of embarrassment and agony over my cding in these 43 years. I woke up recently realizing that through all of it. I am still here. I didnt shrivel into a ball and die. I am still the same person I was albeit older and wiser. And not nearly as slender. Though I did lose 50 lbs recently which has really made a difference in the clothes I can wear. I wear lace camis or ladies tshirts/tanks and ladies jeans over a pushup bra and panties around the house regularly. And go to the store/drivethru etc in the same. Sometimes I shave sometimes I have stubble. Dont really wear makeup. Dont really care. My confidence is at an all time high because guess what? Noone really cares. Sure there are your Westboro/right wing moral types out there. But they are truly a minority not majority. Most people pass by without a glance others smile or just pretend not to notice. Some even give me the approving grin and nod. I get a few chuckles or giggles from very young immature people. But very few. As a friend of mine from England says CBA. (can't be arsed).......
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels
    If not, just take your best guess as to what your very FIRST impulse or thought might be IF... you hear a "wolf whistle" while out in the RW.
    7] Other???
    7] Other. I would just laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    I'd also bet my last dollar that not all GGs consider EVERY wolf whistle derogatory. Is there a GG alive who hasn't gotten at least ONE from a SO at some point in her life?
    Well, none of the girls I've dated have gotten one from me. I can't whistle.

My confidence, along with my ego, was boosted while grocery shopping a while back.
    Strangely enough I was not en femme at the time, rather I was in my summertime male attire consisting of tee shirt, shorts & tennis shoes.
    A clerk kneeling down to stock a bottom shelf looked up to see my shapely clean shaven legs, and said; May I help you Miss?
    That even then I was well past the age one normally associates with a Miss only added to my pleasure at being mistaken for a woman.
    I positively beamed as I responded: Thanks for noticing but I'm doing just fine. I like to think there was a little extra wiggle in my walk as I struted away from the young man.

Though I have not had the proper moment to step out into public dressed up I know it will happen and at 50 don't really care what somebody else thinks.
    "To some shoes just cover the feet....but for me they show your style."

I've had this happen a few months back and I just blew a kiss towards them and waved. They were in a car but if it happened within close distance I would want to yell at them.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    So is calling a black person a "n****r", but it's not appropriate.

GGs shouldn't have to put up with that crap and neither should we.

I think calling someone that N word is a heck of a lot worse than a wolf whistle and its not harmless at all, its in fact very harmful.....
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-06-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts,