Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm too hot to dress!

I'm too hot to dress!

Seriously though, today it was 30ºC outside (or 86ºF or 303 K) and tomorrow it will be even warmer. For us, that's like living in the Sahara desert.

How do you guys manage to not faint while wearing some extra layers of shape wear, makeup and whatnot? How do you prevent sweating like a pig below that wig and your makeup from melting off your face? These are some serious CD skills I still need to learn!

In America, we call it air conditioning... - we don't live without it, especially in my neck of the woods. My thermometer currently reads 94 degrees, just to give you an idea.

You should try it when it is 117+degrees Fahrenheit, but that is a dry heat as we say around here!!!!

We were in triple digits last week. Today it's oddly cool. 73 degrees right now.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

do like me... dont use wigs grow your own hair
    You can't fly with the eagles if you sleep with the pigeons.

With the mercury hits high 30's to 40 I don't even think about dolling up. Then its time to go androgynous, short shorts, t-shirt, sandals. Just not a practical thing to add all the foundation wear, wig and makeup without having your face melt and slide off into your cold beer.

A girl has to know her limitations, and temperature extremes are mine. Fortunately autumn is on the way and these problems will soon be replaced by:
    1) How to stop from freezing your a** off in a mini during winter (perhaps insulated granny panties
    2) How to stay upright walking on ice in heels (or the art of graceful landings).

Oh the things we go through in our pursuit of our femininity.

Hugs, Robin

303K? My, I haven't ever heard anyone reference temps in Kelvin before...It must be hot there...LOL.

I just try to go from A/C house to A/C car to A/C mall and not stop too much in between.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    303K? My, I haven't ever heard anyone reference temps in Kelvin before...It must be hot there...LOL.
    OMG, that's nearly 550 R Caught the geeky side of me here.

Hugs

Silver Member
    Here is one suggestion that might help: Get a hand fan and carry it with you in your purse. Even in the winter, I find myself in hot, stuffy rooms where the heat is stuck on high (every convention I go to in the cooler months, it seems the heat is always stuck on broil in some of the conference rooms), and having a fan to cool myself makes it so much more tolerable.

Personally, if it is hot out, I just don't dress. For me personally, it is just more misery having to wear a wig than just going en drab. For those who are fulltime though, I know this isn't an option and the heat can be a killer if you have to wear a wig.

I sometimes dance for hours with 90 degree F temps. How? I just don't think about the heat and concentrate on what I'm doing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Routinely breaks 100 f by me in the summer. Balmy, humid, jungle-esque heat. AC helps big time, and I am not sure how people slept in the summer here without it. Naked on a tile floor maybe.

And those temps have the same effect on me as they do on the OP, rarely do any dressing on the hottest days. OK, maybe forms and a cami, but never the wig, make-up, whole shebang so to speak from about mid May to late September. I let the body hair grow out (closeted and wear shorts a lot) and give up on painted toe nails for sandal season.

But it's true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder. By the time Fall rolls around and temps are topping out in the mid/low 70's it's game-on. It seems to be the time of year I dress the most, and now that I think about it, Fall is also the new purchase season for me. The one time of year when I order new stuff to build on my collection. Zero girl related purchases in the Spring or Summer months.

It’s hot here too but I am just wearing a bikini. Cool man…….I mean woman.

Oh Suzy, such a practical approach to what we love. Elegance and simplicity.

Hugs, Robin
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-02-2013 at 05:47 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours

"I'm too hot to dress!"

I was afraid you were going to post photos of yourself naked!

Yea, we have that air conditioning thing going on at my house. Now if I were to leave and go somewhere, it would be a problem because I have to cover some skin to look female.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Summer was invented for the sundress. Just putting it on makes you feel cool (literally and figuratively.)

Yes, the makeup turns into a mini-disaster when it's hot, but I'm not going to let that stop me. (And MAC make some fairly stubborn products.)

It doesn't take much of an excuse to get me in a dress!! *giggle*

- Becky
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-02-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi

I go for minimalist approach. Light fluffy clothing, bare legs, and only powder, blush, shadow, mascara, and lipstick. I must wear a wig so I go with an open cap and shorter hair style. Sundresses and strapless dresses, or skirt and tank top with bare legs and sandals. Bra, forms and thong underneath. The right combination of all of these and I do not stand out when out and about.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I just, "don't sweat it"!

Never mind that I live in SoCal and our hottest days of the year tend to be in Fall/Winter/Spring.

I was dressed in my silicone suit in Feb as it hit exactly 86 degrees. I don't know if it's my skinny figure or my genes. But, I don't seem to have perspiration issues no matter how I'm dressed.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Skip the shape wear, women's clothing can be light and loose, perfect with the heat, short skirts, are cooling too. Too hot for a wig, try a scarf, or cute straw hat, remember girls don't get to stop being a girl, just because it gets warm. lol
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericaxd View Post
    Summer was invented for the sundress. Just putting it on makes you feel cool (literally and figuratively.)
    I agree with that! Love my yellow sundress...
    Change is inevitable...

Banned Read only
    Three weeks ago it was 98 degrees F here with high humidity. Since then we are lucky to break 76 degrees F. Almost in the 40's at night. I'm not complaining it has been quite comfortable. A question in the back of my mind though is, what is winter going to be like? August 1st is way too soon for it to be getting cold.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Thank goodness its winter here still 25- 30C in day time and about 9 at night though. Summer can hit 40's. You need a fan when doing a photo session or the makeup just slides off.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just keep hydrated while I'm out and try not to focus on the heat. If I know I'm going to get really sweaty (dancing, hiking, etc.) I skip the foundation.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Cotton trousers, vest tops, and no wig, is the only thing that works for me in this heat.....just hate catching myself in the mirror with short cropped 'man-hair'. Maxi-dresses, if you have the frame (which I kid myself that I do!). Much prefer the cooler months for dressing en-femme.

Quote Originally Posted by robindee36 View Post
    1) How to stop from freezing your a** off in a mini during winter (perhaps insulated granny panties
    2) How to stay upright walking on ice in heels (or the art of graceful landings).
    Well I already got that one covered, don't wear minis or high heels when it freezes A trick I learned from women. Dressing (or rather undressing) for heat however is a bit harder to pull off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia V View Post
    do like me... dont use wigs grow your own hair
    I'll try asking my hair, but I don't think it wants to cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I don't know what weird kind of temperature scales everyone uses around the globe, don't you guys still use spits and stone throws to measure distance?

(OMG I didn't play the metric system card here did I?)

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    "I'm too hot to dress!"
    I was afraid you were going to post photos of yourself naked!
    Nah that would have made this a picture thread and I already got one this week.