Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is the 1st day of my new life

Today is the 1st day of my new life

well as some of you may remember , a while back i was asking for advice on how to come out to my family and explain to them who i am . the person i wanted to tell the most is my mother , but it seemed that i never got the chance to do it or could never build up enough courage to verbally tell her ,. well last night that all changed .

my mother and l had been having a good day and was talking last night about some things going on in my life , i dont really remember what sparked the conversation but trying to tell her was right on the tip of my tounge all night and she could sense that ,. she finally asked me what was bothering me all night and i just couldnt make myself tell her , i kept telling her i will tell you soon when the time is right ,. i guess she couldnt take it anymore so SHE is the one who brought everything out of me and started the conversation about myself .

she asked me what ,are you gay ? bi-sexual ? a crossdresser ?

so right then i had to come clean and explain everything to her,. i told her that i have what is known as gender identity disorder , and that as long as i can remember , ive felt that i was born in the wrong body and that i wish i had been born a female ,. she said "well ive kinda had a feeling that something was going on but i just couldnt put my finger on it and was waiting for you to bring it up to me "

i said yes mom im sure you've noticed some of the changes going on in my life recently , she stoped me right there and told me no , she has been noticing things for the past few YEARS , but just didnt know what to think of it all and was hoping that i would come out to her about it .. i asked her what is the things she noticed and she said well , "ive noticed womens panties laying around in your room , some of my nail polish remover missing , and just the way you act or respond to certain things in general life ,. and ive seen you sleeping in silky blouses and womens clothes,. you remember the other night when i gave you a hug and you were wearing that Bra ? i was hoping you would have told me then but you didnt so i let it go "

she explained to me that she is 100% ok with it and was glad that everything is finally out in the open and that i dont have to hide myself anymore and felt bad that ive had to carry that huge weight on my shoulders for all this time,. she told me to just be myself and she will love me no matter what, just like she did 20 minutes ago before this conversation started , and that she will fully support me every step of the way through this new chapter of my life ,. then she said "ive always wanted a daughter ,. who knew that i had one this whole time ! " and she said it with a huge loving smile on her face

i also came out to her and told he that i am bi-sexual and even though there is this new side of me ,. i still love doing the things ive always done , wrenching on stuff , getting my hands dirty , racing ,.and i do want a wife and kids some day, but at the end of the day i still like to be feminine and feel beautiful

she asked me if anybody else knew and i told her no , she is the only person in this world that i have told ,. she told me that she will keep it our secret for as long as i want and that she will let me take the steps if i want to tell my close friends , other family and everybody else around me ,. but she also explained to me that this will take her some time to get use to and we'll both be walking through this together

after that , the rest of the night we kept talking and ive never felt more free and i could sense that she was also very relieved and very happy to know the true me .

so today is the first day that i am going to try and be my true self without hiding it ,. im not really sure how im going to do it yet but i will probably start slow ,. right now im wearing my fav pair of skinny girl jeans and a tight black tank top and im thinking i may paint my toe nails , maybe even my finger nails either a bright green or hot pink (any suggestions ? )..but i want to take it slow and not push her through to much too fast and not make it seem that im trying too hard and overly expressing myself

anywhoo i just wanted to share this with you girls here and thank each and every one of you for being on this web site . yall have given me so much courage and understanding that this is a GOOD thing to be going through

Luv ya Girls !!!

CJ

Wonderful story, so happy for you. I wish you a happy journey en femme!xxx Kandy
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Courtney go with what makes you happy and feels good to you.Glad that your mother is understanding of who you our.So you go girl.

I hope this is the start of something wonderful for you.
    You have a great mother.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am so happy for you! *wipes a tear* such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Banned Read only
    Mom's, arent they the greatest? Enjoy your new found freedom and make mom proud of her daughter.

Such a sweet story! Good luck and enjoy yourself!
    Suzanne

How delightfully special. Thank you for sharing such a special moment in your life.

your mom is awesome. treasure that relationship, and good luck!
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Lucky you! What a wonderful and understanding Mom. Do take it slow and give her time to get her bearings on this.

Great story, congratulations!
    I have been fortunate to have many friends who have some degree of GID, though I really don't think it's a disorder. At some point, one has to come to terms with one's self, and move on. Life is worth living......live it!
    Love conquers all.

You have huge weight off of your shoulders now and your mom is great PINK is the color LOL I hope everything goes well for you in the future !!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Platinum Member
    Hi Courtney, You have a very special Mom there.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Courtney, how wonderful! Your mother is a very special lady. My mother knows, too, and I think she's still a bit confused by it but is OK with it...and was pleased that I made use of the names she would have given a girl. I don't know if she'll ever think of me as "her daughter Amy," though.

I'll be interested to hear how your mother-daughter bonding goes.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Having read your post I'm just sitting here bathed in a warm, happy glow! God Bless and have joy!

You do have a awesome mom. Remember this is the first day of the rest of your life . Enjoy the journey. You have the best support system in the world,your mom.

Platinum Member
    I love hearing about young people who are finding their way towards acceptance of themselves and acceptance from others, especially family. Congratulation to you and your mom!

Awesome Story, I will bet that was a huge weight off your shoulders.
    Mothers are truly special people.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Thanks for the replies girls , i must say the past 2 days have been great , my mother and i have got along so well and not said a harsh word to each other since ! ,. before this it seems that almost every day we would find something to disagree on , i guess we both had a huge weight on our shoulders and since i have come out of the closet its almost as if all the tension in the air is just gone , poof, GONE ! we have not said a single harsh word to each other since then and have been very loving to each other ,. also watched some girly movies all day yesterday which was fabulous ! ,. but i still got my hands dirty and changed the brakes on her car for her ,.(broke a nail doing it though lol ) ,.we even went grocery shopping together and went out to eat , and i actually went inside with her and we sat down and enjoyed ourselves and each others company ,. before this i would NEVER do them things , its been truely amazing and i feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mother , its funny , she told me that before i was born she was hoping for a girl , and that they were going to name me ''Athena'' if i had been born a girl ,. i told her na i like Courtney better ,. but i may think about it and change my name for her to what it should have been

im still trying to build up the courage though to be myself all the time now ,. i have painted my toe nails (bright green btw lol ) but i still find my self wearing socks or full coverage sandals over them , but i am starting to find the courage to start opening up with things , like wearing slightly fem cloths and wearing my fav girl sunglasses around her in the car, also the other night we had a good time together hanging out and listening to mine , plus her favorite music ,always been kind of a rock& roll family but the other night we jammed to some Joan Jett , Madonna , Jackson , Stevie Nicks ,eurythmics sweet dreams , Culture Club - Karma Chameleon , etc .. it was AWESOME !!! .. plus not having to hide my cloths anymore and being able to sleep in whatever i want without having to change before she woke up , thats been such a relief

its kinda weird but good , and we are both slowly coming into our comfort zones which i know will take some time ,. but ill be sure to keep everybody here up to date along my journey and still come to the girls here for any questions or advice i may have .. id like to thank everybody for being so supportive and i wish yall were closer so i could give each and every one of you a big hug Luv ya !

CJ-Athena

Thanks for the update. I do love a happy ending! err beginning.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Silver Member
    Your story brought a tear to my eye. Your moms love and acceptance are a treasure. You are one lucky girl.
    And, FWIW, stay away from the pink nail polish ; ) . Once you go there, you'll be hooked for life!

I can understand and relate to everything that has been written in this thread. I remember the day, almost right down to the hour, when I accepted womanhood. I had been dressing for a couple of years, then finally had to admit to myself that whatever my birth sex was, it did not reflect the person I am today.

There are bumps and grinds and for sure I wish some things could be different, I am soo happy with my life today, I love being woman and everything that goes with it.

haha too late the pink has already covered my heart & soul and its here to stay

suzanne im sorry to make you cry lol , i hope it didnt mess up your makeup , it brings a tear to my eyes also to know there is such loving people in this world that i dont even know out in the real world , Thank you
    Last edited by Courtney . J; 08-04-2013 at 08:17 PM.

What a loving and understanding mother you are blessed with! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am very happy for you and it sounds like you are going about things the right way, by taking things slowly to allow your mother (and in the future other family members and friends) time to adjust and accept. Best wishes to you, Courtney.
    Di

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    That's beautiful, Courtney! I don't think I could have imagined a better outcome for you.

"Athena" is a nice name if you want to go with that. It is, of course, a reference to the Greek goddess of wisdom. Very auspicious!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016