Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today is the 1st day of my new life

Your story made my day. Take care of your Mum, she is priceless. Oh, and by the way, I like Athena......
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    That's beautiful, Courtney! I don't think I could have imagined a better outcome for you.

"Athena" is a nice name if you want to go with that. It is, of course, a reference to the Greek goddess of wisdom. Very auspicious!

- Amy
    so thats why i have always been a wise arse hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
    Your story made my day. Take care of your Mum, she is priceless. Oh, and by the way, I like Athena......
    i will for sure and love doing it more now than ever .

Day-3 , Here we go

Congratulations Courtney! Such a beautiful story. I almost cried when I read it. Your Mom is wonderful!
    -Audrey

Courtney,

Your story moved, touched, and inspired many of us. My mother was very understanding when I was growing up, but back in the 1950s and 1960s, the "treatment" for gender disphoria was more like torture than cure. Mom didn't want me becoming a zombie (lobotomy), so she tried to covertly support me. She taught me to do laundry, to sew, to cook, and to clean - so she could get a job at an office (and afford nicer clothes). She would take me shopping with her and let me pick out her clothes, even if they were too young for her. We had secret signals to indicate when I could take them. A loose knot in pantyhose meant I could wear them. Items left in the "charity" pile could be washed and kept. She even got some go-go boots she could barely even get pulled on, and bought a wig to cover a bad dye job (wore it for about 3 weeks). During the summer, my brother and sister would play with friends down the street, mom would go to work, and I'd be fully dressed as a girl, doing the housework. I enjoyed doing it, and if all they had to do was let me wear some pretty clothes to have a free maid, so much the better.

Unfortunately, puberty hit, hormones changed my body, I outgrew mom's clothes, and a really wonderful time ended.

It sounds to me like you might be more of a transsexual than just a cross-dresser. You might want to talk to a therapist who specializes in gender counseling, and explore the possibility of transition. Depending on your age, you may be able to start hormones, or at least stop the testosterone from screwing things up even more. You will need to decide for yourself, with the help of your therapist, how far you'd really like to go, but the therapist can help you with assignments like going for a drive, going shopping at a strip mall, going shopping at a big mall, going to a restaurant, going to a club, going to a gay bar, going to a lesbian bar, and gradually reaching the point where you find out what works for you, and how to be accepted as the woman you want to be, with or without real breasts!

You need to take it a step at a time. Getting Real Life Experience (aka RLE), can help you decide what you really want. Some decide that it's not worth the hassle to be pretty all the time, and go back to public or private cross-dressing. Nothing wrong with that either.

What's important is that the door is open and you finally have the chance to find out who you REALLY ARE!

You will soon find that, when you relate to people as you really are, and they accept you, that you are closer and more intimate and more loving than you could ever have imagined, like with your mom.

Even if they don't accept you right away, don't feel bad. Some people have to mourn the loss of the caterpillar they once knew before they can love the butterfly you have become. Be compassionate and let them know you love them no matter what.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm really happy for you!!
    Your Mom is an angel and very special.Give her a hug from me.

just thought id give the girls a update ,. been going great so far and just now i gave my mom a finger nail make over and painted her nails hot pink ,. OMG !!

let hope the night keeps going good and us girls can have a great time ,. ill update in a bit and let yall know how it goes

CJ-Athena
    "when life hands ya lemons , make lemonade ,. and sell it for $10 a cup to all the people that has tried to put you down in life and failed "- CJ

well i wish i had good news but i do not ,. the other night was great ,. but here recently it seems i am being used and taken advantage of by almost everybody in my life right now , mostly by my mom , and i just dont understand it.. its driving me back deep into the bottle of whiskey and i cant stand it ,. im trying to get past that chapter of my life and people just keep making it grow darker and darker and making me care less about life,.. sometimes i just want to move far away from everybody that i have ever known and start a new life away from everybody from my past

who do good people always finish last and get sh*t on the most ??

im very thankful to have people like yall in my life ,. it sure makes my days a little brighter to come hang out here with loving and caring people
    "when life hands ya lemons , make lemonade ,. and sell it for $10 a cup to all the people that has tried to put you down in life and failed "- CJ

That is sooo sweet! I remember my first day, when I doffed all my dull shorts and started wearing a bra and panties. I can't think of ever going back.

Courtney...wonderful news!