Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about Posting Pictures

Worried about Posting Pictures

Hey girls

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any problems posting pictures on here? as in if they have ended up being shared outside of the website etc. The only reason i ask is because i'm think about posting a picture but i don't want it to be seen anywhere else other than here lol

Thank you for reading

Kristy x

Yes, it does happen, but my guess is very rarely. There was a very attractive blond CD here who eventually ended up modeling for an on line CD clothing store. I found her pictures twice on Craigslist and not put there by her. I let her know about it. That was 2-3 years ago.

Never had a problem. Then again most girls will say, it's not if, it's when someone finds out. Facial recog software currently runs on FB but it's only a matter of time... I'm good with that though...

Renne.....

Once you put anything on the Internet, you've lost control of it. Some will point out that this is a crossdressing site so only crossdressers will be looking at the photos. That's not true. Some people leave their computers while logged into this site, some have made this site a "favorite" and set up automatic login, and some folks may be using this site in a business environment where others may be monitoring computer use.

That said, photos posted here are probably safe. You might want to make sure your presentation is good enough that it would be hard to recognize you as your make self. If you've given out a lot of information about yourself like your city and state or country, your hobbies, etc., it would be easier for someone to add up all the pieces and figure out that "trannyX" is actually "John Smith".
    Last edited by linda allen; 08-03-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    It has been known to happen that pictures are taken from here and used by people as if they are their own pictures. I gather that it has usually been by other crossdressers wanting to be seen as more real or more attractive, but I do not know that for sure.

Given what I know about the 'net, it is probable that someone here will end up with their pictures being used to provide a "cover" for fake users, such as by "click farms" or by scammers (or worse.) It is also probable that someone here will end up being hit by excrement falling from a bird in flight. Do you refrain from going out because of what a dirty bird might do?

I have been hit by excrement falling from a bird in flight.

It does happen although it's far more likely to happen in a place with lots of low flying birds.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My experience:
    One, there are so few people across the spectrum of society that do what we do that the chance of being outed by someone who you know is quite small. That being said, I have this to say to those who know us: "What are you doing here?....catch my drift?
    Two, this is my artistic outlet. This is who I am. The message needs to get out. I refuse to live in a bottle on a shelf somewhere.
    Three, since I live in the United States, and the NSA loves to spy on the public, particularly the internet, despite our constitutional rights as citizens, this side of me is my way of sticking it to them....a GFYS, if you will.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 08-03-2013 at 07:34 PM.

I've had a bunch of my thousands of photos spread all over the web and had to ask some websites to remove them.... a few even ended up in someones TG bride video... personally I'm flattered but its always nice if they ask first.... I assume that anything I upload is in the public domain and will get borrowed..... not that anyone would even recognize me... as her... and not that I really care if they do...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I never post anything on here or anywhere that I'm worried about being seen. I figure even if it is posted elsewhere the poster thought it was good enough to do that. Perhaps someone's life has been changed for the better, you never know.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The only pics of me that were used without my permission, were stolen by my ex and publish in the local paper. The internet seems more friendly, than a vengeful ex.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

My wife was concerned. However, she posted 2 of my pictures yesterday. I am not worried but I understand why she is. This is where compromising and going at a speed comfortable to her comes in to play.
    Suzanne

There was someone who had a crossdressing web site and purloined some pictures from this site, including Karren's among others. She was eventually asked to take the site down.

You should know that someparts of the web site are puclic, like this section, and other parts are restricted to members only. This portion can be googled, especiallyif you have an uncommon name, and posts and pics are available to all. I'm sure nin-members can get into the private part if they werereally interested in doing so, but I think it's harder. That's why my avatar is a cartoon, but my profile pic is the real me, although it is the real me that Amanda created and I can't duplicate.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I have photos both on here and on Facebook. On Facebook, I've taken the precautionary steps of disabling auto-tagging on my photos, and disallowing tagging me in photos without my permission (on both my Amy-self and my male self!). At least that should allow me to nip some potential issues in the bud...but it hasn't come up yet. I don't know if further paranoia is required.

Besides, who would it get to? My fiancee? She knows already. My other family members? My mother knows already, and, if another family member had suspicions that were close enough to correct, I'd probably just tell them anyhow at this point. My employers? Colorado has protection from employment discrimination on the basis of gender identity, and I doubt they'd be that concerned about what I do outside of work anyhow. (Besides, they'll see my full presentation as "Witch Amy" soon enough, at Halloween costume contest time. ) My neighbors? I've already expressed how little I think of their opinions. They may have seen both me-as-male and me-as-Amy already, and put two and two together. If so, I haven't heard anything. Other friends? I'd like to think most of them are open-minded enough to dismiss it. One already knows, and she's happy with it. The government? Oh, I'm sure they know exactly who "Amy" really is anyway by now. Have I left anyone out?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I've seen some stolen from Flickr and reposted on other sites, not to scare you but just to make you aware.

Nothing would surprise me, in this mega hi-tech time! It would not surprise me, if NSA, and other government agencies know all about us, as guys or gals.

And, i forgot to add, lurkers, and hackers,
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-04-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please use the edit function, multiposting is not allowed

BUT DON'T LET ANY OF THAT SCARE YOU AWAY FROM POSTING PICS. The odds of anyone you know seeing you in girl mode and recognizing you out of your regular context is pretty damn slim. My only caution is if your SO or other friends from the muggle world are in any of your en femme photos on the web -- that could lead to recognition and outing by association, as in "Who's that in the photo with Bob and Richard OH MY GOD, IS THAT [your name here]." Otherwise, don't lose sleep - instead enjoy your femme world and life.

Your mileage may differ.

Best,
    Rhonda

Well I think the biggest concern would be cold-hearted exes or enemies that have access to our pictures and would want to expose us. I have run across my pictures from time to time on other sites so I know nothing is sacred.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

pictures or postings here are not a problem in my mind, I do not ever do face book as Cheyenne, face book uses your IP address etc. to make suggestions for linking people that may know you or that my know them.

I don't want to take the chance of being made that way every body I work with would know.

I happened to sign on to my face book page on my work laptop. I seen how fast it was try to link people.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

The forums you can post pictures in are viewed by members only. I would assume that everyone here would respect everyone else and not repost their pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by cindychan View Post
    Well I think the biggest concern would be cold-hearted exes or enemies that have access to our pictures and would want to expose us. I have run across my pictures from time to time on other sites so I know nothing is sacred.

you nailed that one I agree
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Nothing would surprise me, in this mega hi-tech time! It would not surprise me, if NSA, and other government agencies know all about us, as guys or gals.
    Trust me Alice, they do. We are not considered a threat to national security though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The internet comes with it's risks. Just like craigslist you have to be careful with what you do. If one of my pics leaked out I don't think I would care about it being seen. I would be more pissed about someone posting a copyrighted picture.

Kristy,
    If you post in the picture and photo gallery, it is members only access.
    "You are less likely to be violated here than any where else."
    Most of us here share a responsibility towards each other but, like anywhere on the net once it is posted it is "out".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    My only caution is if your SO or other friends from the muggle world are in any of your en femme photos on the web -- that could lead to recognition and outing by association, as in "Who's that in the photo with Bob and Richard OH MY GOD, IS THAT [your name here]."
    This is why "Amy Tapie" has no Facebook friends in common with my male self, not even Sabrina. If someone were to look at, say, Sabrina's friends list, and see pictures of both my male self and my femmeself on there, I have to assume that, at that point, "the game is up."

Quote Originally Posted by cindychan View Post
    Well I think the biggest concern would be cold-hearted exes or enemies that have access to our pictures and would want to expose us.
    My ex-wife isn't cold-hearted or vindictive (we parted on good terms, mostly due to an opportunity she had that required us to split up), and, in fact, I've considered telling her; I think there's a chance she might understand. I have one ex-girlfriend who might be that vindictive, but I haven't spoken to her in a long time and I doubt she cares enough anymore, else I'd probably have heard from her long before now.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I considered this question prior to posting my picture. Had I truly been worried about it, I would not have posted the pictures. Additionally, there is no context in my pictures, background or other people, thus it is harder to determine that is me.