Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pierced ears - what decisions did you make and when?

Hell to the no. That's why I like to wear a wig that covers my ears.

I pierced my left ear the night I parted (not my choice) from a dearly loved girlfriend. The sleeper ring was one of a pair of hers that she had given me. I wanted to mark myself that night. 60+ years later I still have and treasure those little gold rings but they are now too fragile to wear. I wear a single gold stud 365/24/7.

I have a number of other piercings now but that initial ear piercing is the most important.

I have had very few comments on my pierced ears.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rhonda, That's something on my bucket list.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i told my wife i wanted to get my ears pierced and ask if it was alright with her,she said yea so down we go to the mall and she help pick out the ear rings and that was that.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I had mine pierced thirty some years ago! For the past twenty some years they have been triple pierced! No regrets!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

By the time it got common for men to Pierce both ears, I was old enough it would have looked liked a ,mid life crisis time thing, and my kids have already laughed at someone else that had done it late in life.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Got mine pieced shortly after I came out to my wife. The 1st comment made was "why did you get your ears pierced". My response has been... "I always wanted to and finally did it." Most guys says "OK".. most girls say "Nice" .

As we were preparing to leave for Tgirl Saturday, I put on my dangling earrings for the first time. Heh it was actually two similar but different earrings, Julie had the exact same pair lol. I put in the earrings before we left the house and one of my residents says, "You look like a lady with those earrings" I think that might be the first thing anyone has said to me about earrings since my dad called me a f*g after I pierced the first one.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

About 4-5 weeks ago now, I thought to myself "I know, I'll get my ears pierced" and did. It's great wearing pretty earrings! Despite recommendations, I took the original studs out at 3 weeks and started wearing whatever I want. Nothing bad has happened so far.

- Becky
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi

Hopefully this is sufficiently on topic not to get moderated. If not, oopsie, sorry again.

I have been thinking piercing would be a nice milestone birthday gift. Problem is where does one go to get this done. Some of my research says there is a risk of infection from non-sterile equipment some places use, particularly the gun.

Help please.

Hugs, Robin

Haven't gotten to it yet. I hate needles... :P

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    I'm in my late thirties and have had my ears pierced since the 7th grade. First guy in my school to ever do them both. It didn't go over well at first, but I was also a skateboard punk, so people were making fun of me anyway. Now I am a professional, and the earrings have to stay at home during work hours.

I agree with an earlier poster, getting only one done looks kind of weird.

I'd say go for it. Thy make all sorts of earrings that can cover the holes. Check out a local piercing shop. (Not the ones at the mall)

Ana

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Haven't gotten to it yet. I hate needles... :P
    I'm not afraid of the needle. I'm afraid of what my wife will say and do/
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Reading Rhonda's OP and all the comments is starting to get me a little "enthused" about getting mine pierced.....

I'm not getting any younger......

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    The following is why I now have pierced ears and love it! I had used clip ons for a long time and for me these are reasons that I got brave enough to having them pierced: 1. Hurt my ears after wearing for extended periods. 2. Kept falling off if not tight enough to hurt (lol). 3. Lost a few because of reason #2. 4. Real limited in selection. I even converted some from pierced to clip on to have more variety. 5. Could not wear them all the time. So one day my wife says why don't you just have your ears pierced. This was the little extra push that I needed to do something I had thought about doing but was more worried about what other people would think. I have not had any negative responses from anyone (family, friends, co-workers, etc.). When they would ask, I just tell them it was something that I wanted to do, so I did it. In fact I have received several compliments. For those who are thinking about getting their ears pierced, personally I can say if you can to do it now. Don't put it off on your bucket list. I only wish I had done it a long time ago. Anyone want to buy some clip ons.. Lol

Michelle

Got my left ear pierced almost 15 years ago. I've since had that ear pierced a further 5 times and had my right ear pierced twice last year. My advice would be to do what makes you happy. No one else ever cares about pierced ears.

Quote Originally Posted by latebloomer View Post
    i told my wife i wanted to get my ears pierced and ask if it was alright with her,she said yea so down we go to the mall and she help pick out the ear rings and that was that.
    That's my story also. I got the small round gold balls as starter earrings. That was over a year ago and now I have three of four pairs of male earrings and a couple dozen female pairs.

I saw an old friend a couple weeks ago and he asked me when I got my ears pierced. I told him they weren't earrings, they were cell phone antennas.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Getting my ears pierced was one of the first things I ever did. I was in my late 20s, and had one ear pierced at a time. Once both ears were stable, I could wear an earring in one ear or both. I usually wore studs, but had the dangling cross made popular by the MTV video (Police?).

My first wife knew why I was doing it, and feared that I would go public. I didn't do anything except Halloween and a TG support meeting from 1987 (when I quit smoking), until 1989 (when I started first transition process).

When I aborted transition and gained weight, I let my ears close. When I started bringing Debbie back, I got them pierced again, this time both at the same time. I usually wear CZ or ruby studs when I'm in "Rex Mode" (Working at client site, Church, Wife's family events), and something that dangles a bit when I'm in Debbie mode (all other times).

The great thing about wearing studs in both ears is that other transgendered people and those seeking transgendered people will be interested and supportive, while those who are not "tuned in", will simply assume that you are making a fashion statement. It's a bit like ankle bracelets. An ankle bracelet once indicated that the wearer was submissive in a Dominant/Submissive relationship. Later it just became a fashion statement, but many submissives still wear the ankle bracelet. Often, worn on the right to indicate "looking", and on the left (same side as engagement/wedding ring) to show "Taken".

Earrings on men used to have similar signal meaning. Depending on part of the country, right side indicated you liked women, left side indicated you liked men, both indicated you liked both or were transgendered. These days, many heterosexual masculine men wear studs in both ears, and it just means they like fashion.

Earrings aren't permanent - you can take them out, change styles to fit your mood and situation, and even take them out entirely (once the holes have healed). If you really want, you can even let them close, leaving a tiny dimple.

Earrings can be a great conversation starter. And you can pick different styles depending on how much attention you want them to have. If you are in a work situation, the ruby studs are almost invisible. If you are in a social situation large CZ studs or dangles can be a lot of fun, even if you aren't otherwise dressed.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    Had them pierced years ago and most of the time forget they're there unless you lie on them the wrong way . I leave the gold studs in 24/7 but do take out the dangly ones at bedtime ! Of course, you should do it Rhonda - no regrets...
    Linda
    twitter : @ lindaesj

I am procrastinating for two reasons:

1) I'm a baby when it comes to pain.

2) I mentioned it to my wife and she was a bit taken aback. She said to go ahead, but I can tell she's wondering how far I'll take this... will I move on to laser? Electrolysis? HRT?

So for both those reasons, I continue to dither...

When I turned to womanhood a few years ago, I just knew that I had to have my ears pierced so that I could start wearing the kind of jewelry that I wanted to. A little painful at first, a few problems early on, but very much worth the effort

Ill never forget getting mine done. I was in 8th grade and at the mall with my mom. She wanted to get her second holes done so we went to a little kiosk and she was afraid to do it. She then told me I should do it and if I don't feel the pain she will follow lol. I got little silver ball studs. I wasn't the only person in school to have them and since I was a skateboard punk kid it wasn't a big deal to anyone.

I haven't had my ears done yet because of a few family members, but there are several clip on kits you can buy to turn regular ear rings onto clip on. They aren't that bad.

My wife wants to get a second set of ear piercings so I told her I wanted to get mine done. Her response was a bit enigmatic and I'm just waiting for a suitable occasion to bring it up again.

It's only some holes in your ears!! Earrings aren't gender specific! Just do it!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !