Thread: I got a kick out of this

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere

I got a kick out of this

We got back from being gone for over a week last night and this evening my wife was going through the mail that had accumulated while we were gone. The bottom of the pile were magazines and catalogs. She handed one over to me saying this has you writtine on it. I took it and looked at the cover it was a "Woman Within" catalog.

It's cool that your wife has you figured out!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, I love Woman Within catalogs! I get much of my wardrobe from them and the other sites under what used to be called "Redcats USA" but now seems to be called "OSP Group, Inc." I even have a Woman Within credit card...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I get flyers from Kohl's,Catherine's,Old Navy and a few others.
    Sally's Beauty supply is one of my faves to get because they always have something I need on sale.

very cute...does your wife know??
    paula

Nice to get all the catalogs and sort them out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

yes my wife knows

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, When I get an E-mail from them that's I what I think about too.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I enjoy the window shopping in them. Since I don't go out dressed its nice to sit at home in my chair dressed and just flip through a catalog and look at all the pretty things and wonder what I would like in this or that. I moan over how pricey a lot of it is too hoping to see it on sale someday.

Aspiring Member
    I get a few different catalogs and "Woman Within" is one. They come in my wife's name because I know the postmaster. I have bought many items from them.

But I've often wondered about the name of the company. With that name, is there a subliminal message directed at us? LOL!

Cheryl Ann

I get at least 8 different women's clothing catalogs in my male name.

Jodi
    Last edited by Jodi; 08-07-2013 at 03:05 PM.

I get a bunch of different catalogs, Kohl's and Ulta are my favorites. But the funniest one was a credit card offer addressed to Robin! That not being my real name, maybe I should have gone for it, maxed it out, and then when the bill came informed them that she's not real.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

My email is full of things like that
    People who hover over my shoulder always wonder about that xD

Yes, we do find ourselves on some interesting mailing lists, don't we? My wife and I tend to use the same name (hers or mine) when dealing with each store as it allows the freebies to build up faster. With DSW and LancĂ´me it's her, with Sally Beauty and Paula Young it's me, etc.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I remember years ago I ordered something for my wife from Frederic's of Hollywood. For I think five years I got catalogs from them in my name. We live in a small town and the people in the post office tend to gab with other people. So I did hear a couple of times about my receiving it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

It wasn't that many years ago that women routinely conducted their business in their husband's name. A common form of address was "Mrs. John Smith" and packages would be addressed to either Mr. or Mrs. without raising eyebrows.

If I were questioned about receiving Frederick's catalogs the easy response is "If you ordered a few things from them you wouldn't wonder why I do!" with an nudge-nudge-wink-wink sort of attitude.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Eryn

The way I like to say it was that it was for me but not for me.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.