Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your style?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

What's your style?

Whats your style?

This is something I have always wondered about. When I look at new picture posts from our members, the majority are of us dressed to the nines. Is it that when alot of us dress that is the style we go for or is that the only time we feel like snapping pics? Do alot of girls here dress casual also or do most of you opt for fancy dresses and stuff? I know, including myself, not all of us get out regularly and we really only get dressed at home.

So, what is your style majority of the time. Do you mostly go for the glitz and glam, or do you prefer the casual look.

For me I could throw on a pair of shorts and a tee, maybe jeans and I could still be the girl I feel I am. At times it is nice to dress up, especially if I had a place to go. But I dont need it to feel feminine. Huh, another thought, am I not really a cd but tg?

My mixed thought for today. Any comments?
    Erica

i wear a dress every morning and set outside and have coffie in the dark .i have two pairs of heels and a pair of flats and that about all i wear.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most of the time I wear what is considered casual. Jeans, slacks and a top pretty much what you see women wearing everyday.
    I do enjoy dressing to the nines too but its when I have somewhere special to go.

Personally, I definitely prefer a less casual style. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I spend 90% of my time in casual "guy mode", and when I dress up I really want to go all out. Although even in guy mode I think I have a less casual style than the average guy my age. I would never wear sweatpants out of the house in either mode, for example.

As for posting photos, I just don't think I look that good with the minimal makeup required for the casual look... and would feel strange with evening makeup paired with jeans or something. Although the few times I've gone out I have tried to tone everything down. What works for photos doesn't seem to necessarily work for the real world.

I think pulling off a convincing casual presentation may actually be more difficult than an over the top glam look, so I have a lot of respect for those girls who can successfully pull it off!

The style I wear is pretty much what I have on hand which is a few skirts and a whole lot of shirts that dont quite flatter my broad shoulders. I have a pair of ballet flats and 4in wedge heels that I call my own.

In terms of my own style though, I know exactly what I would wear if I could. I design my own outfits and publish them on polyvore. I have a pretty decent following of 13,000+ viewers so I guess my style is decent. Also my GG friend wants to take me shopping one day as her personal shopper because she loves my style...and she wants to give me an opportunity to go out dressed which I am super excited about. Ill post my outfits below if anyone wants to see my style.

www.khelek.polyvore.com

I prefer dresses and heels cause when in male mode i'm in company uniform.Beside that i want to feel more like a lady when in a dress and heels.

Well, I do a couple of dresses, a few skirts, but I have 15 pairs of legging capris, darn things are so comfortable, there addictive!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I try to dress appropriate to the situation. This includes the season, the weather, the location, and the purpose.

If I want to go out to a club or dance, then I'm wild and a bit "kinky", complete with heels, hose, short skirt, satin blouse, and glitzy make-up.

If I'm going shopping in the mall, then it's leggings or shorts (not too short), with a loose fitting top over a modest bra, with makeup that looks more natural even in bright lights.

When I'm flying, I usually wear something more like office wear, dressy slacks or a longer skirt, low heels, and perhaps hosiery, but not too glossy.

I wore smaller forms, when I needed them, and a B-cup or C-cup is plenty for what is needed.

There was a time, when I was younger, that I could wear 3 inch heels, or thigh high boots with 3 inch heels, mid-thigh skirt, and a blouse that sparkled a lot, showed my breasts, and flattered my waist. Thanks to childhood asthma, I was a bit barrel-chested so I avoided tight fitting blouses.

Now that I'm older, I can dress more like a 40-50 year old woman, look 10 years younger, and still look like I could have a teen-age daughter.

As a result of dressing to "blend", I can dress frequently and rarely get noticed, let alone read. I can even pass the "ladies' room line test". If you can wait in line to use a stall in the ladies room, for 10-15 minutes and not have women staring or making rude remarks, then you are perfectly dressed for your particular situation.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Aspiring Member
    My favorite style is business dress and business casual with nylons and heels. I do have a few cocktail dresses and holiday outfits that I wear typically around New Years. I also have a few sweater dresses that are, for me, casual wear. If I wear womens jeans I like to wear a nice sweater or top and heels.

I do not own flip flops and if I am going to dress I am not going to be a crossdresser crossdressing (in other words I am not going to dress up like a girl who is dressing like a guy). I am also not interested in looking like the 2 pics on the right in the people of Walmart post above. eeeewwww! and what is up with that girls underarms??

It depends on my mood. Most days, working in the home office, it's something like a denim skirt, tank top or tee and flats. Capris or jeans when I'm doing things around the house--laundry etc., but I have a few dresses, dressy skirts, and heels that I wear from time to time. (Today, the shoes are a summery espadrille.)

On the rare occasions when I get to just hang out dressed, I typically skip the elaborate shapewear and makeup routine and just do shorts and a tank top. More often I'm just getting dressed up for 20 minutes to take pictures and enjoy looking at myself in the mirror, so I tend to really go for it.

I'm fairly casual for the most part, but it all depends on where I'm headed. A nice restaurant will probably get a dress or a skirt and heels, but the mall gets jeans or shorts with flats or maybe wedges. I haven't found a place to take a ball gown yet...

(If I found a place to go I suppose I'd need to buy a gown!)

-Bree

Banned Read only
    As a child of the 1950's and 1960's I only wear dresses and heels a la June Cleaver and Harriet Nelson. Back then women did not wear pants of any kind. So, every time I am en femme it is a pretty dress, slip, bra, panty, hosiery, wig and heels. I have two pairs of very low heels or flats for use my in my back yard so I don't sink into the soft grass. For me I cannot imagine feeling feminine wearing girl's jeans, shorts or pants.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    As a child of the 1950's and 1960's I only wear dresses and heels a la June Cleaver and Harriet Nelson. Back then women did not wear pants of any kind.
    Yes, this is my style! I just don't understand women complaining about making and serving dinner in a dress and Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Yes, this is my style! I just don't understand women complaining about making and serving dinner in a dress and Heels.
    I hope you can understand that different people have different styles! I don't tend to wear a dress & heels to make dinner for the family, unless I'm just cooking for the kids and my husband and I are heading out to a restaurant. But I know others who do, and who love their full-length aprons to catch most of the splatters.

Banned Read only
    Jess, I really don't care about other people. I speak for my wife.

Platinum Member
    It varies from casual mall to semi freest night's out..but I cant put aclearer lable on it.

I try to dress nicely when going out or to the club. Around home, I usually wear caftans, loungers, nighties with robes, rompers, shorts, tanks tops and stuff like that. Along with slippers, sandals or loafers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Dresses and heels for me every time. I can wear pants anytime as a guy

Besides, my opportunities to dress are sporadic at best, so it's head-to-toe pretty for me if and when the chance arises.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    So, what is your style majority of the time. Do you mostly go for the glitz and glam, or do you prefer the casual look.
    Hi Erica, I like Both, but not overdone. Over the top and too groady looking are not for me

As far as the OOH RAH T shirt, Her hubby is wearing one that says.......... Ah, No she Really doesn't
    Last edited by MysticLady; 08-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

My style is cheap and easy, ready and willing.

I'm with Anneob2002.
    I love being a bit of a **** even if only in my own mind

Daytime I have a office girl look as I work as a secretary/receptionist for a large company. My evenings are more of a short or blue jeans with a tunic top unless going out and then I may stay dressed up from work.

Banned Read only
    Ah.........Kim, did we forget something

Nevermind, I see you fixed it

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I've never thought of it as "a" style, but as a whole look. I've been trying to grow a wardrobe of styles that all work. I've had a lot ot success and a few complete failures. If Tina is going to have a life she needs flexibility in her presentation. I will say that most of what she has is on the classy side, so it's been slow progress as the expense slows all down. Even the leather jean are really sharp.