Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your style?

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

What's your style?

Whats your style?

This is something I have always wondered about. When I look at new picture posts from our members, the majority are of us dressed to the nines. Is it that when alot of us dress that is the style we go for or is that the only time we feel like snapping pics? Do alot of girls here dress casual also or do most of you opt for fancy dresses and stuff? I know, including myself, not all of us get out regularly and we really only get dressed at home.

So, what is your style majority of the time. Do you mostly go for the glitz and glam, or do you prefer the casual look.

For me I could throw on a pair of shorts and a tee, maybe jeans and I could still be the girl I feel I am. At times it is nice to dress up, especially if I had a place to go. But I dont need it to feel feminine. Huh, another thought, am I not really a cd but tg?

My mixed thought for today. Any comments?
    Erica

i wear a dress every morning and set outside and have coffie in the dark .i have two pairs of heels and a pair of flats and that about all i wear.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most of the time I wear what is considered casual. Jeans, slacks and a top pretty much what you see women wearing everyday.
    I do enjoy dressing to the nines too but its when I have somewhere special to go.

On the rare occasions when I get to just hang out dressed, I typically skip the elaborate shapewear and makeup routine and just do shorts and a tank top. More often I'm just getting dressed up for 20 minutes to take pictures and enjoy looking at myself in the mirror, so I tend to really go for it.

I'm fairly casual for the most part, but it all depends on where I'm headed. A nice restaurant will probably get a dress or a skirt and heels, but the mall gets jeans or shorts with flats or maybe wedges. I haven't found a place to take a ball gown yet...

(If I found a place to go I suppose I'd need to buy a gown!)

-Bree

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    So, what is your style majority of the time. Do you mostly go for the glitz and glam, or do you prefer the casual look.
    Hi Erica, I like Both, but not overdone. Over the top and too groady looking are not for me

As far as the OOH RAH T shirt, Her hubby is wearing one that says.......... Ah, No she Really doesn't
    Last edited by MysticLady; 08-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Personally, I definitely prefer a less casual style. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I spend 90% of my time in casual "guy mode", and when I dress up I really want to go all out. Although even in guy mode I think I have a less casual style than the average guy my age. I would never wear sweatpants out of the house in either mode, for example.

As for posting photos, I just don't think I look that good with the minimal makeup required for the casual look... and would feel strange with evening makeup paired with jeans or something. Although the few times I've gone out I have tried to tone everything down. What works for photos doesn't seem to necessarily work for the real world.

I think pulling off a convincing casual presentation may actually be more difficult than an over the top glam look, so I have a lot of respect for those girls who can successfully pull it off!

Platinum Member
    As a child of the 1950's and 1960's I only wear dresses and heels a la June Cleaver and Harriet Nelson. Back then women did not wear pants of any kind. So, every time I am en femme it is a pretty dress, slip, bra, panty, hosiery, wig and heels. I have two pairs of very low heels or flats for use my in my back yard so I don't sink into the soft grass. For me I cannot imagine feeling feminine wearing girl's jeans, shorts or pants.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    As a child of the 1950's and 1960's I only wear dresses and heels a la June Cleaver and Harriet Nelson. Back then women did not wear pants of any kind.
    Yes, this is my style! I just don't understand women complaining about making and serving dinner in a dress and Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Yes, this is my style! I just don't understand women complaining about making and serving dinner in a dress and Heels.
    I hope you can understand that different people have different styles! I don't tend to wear a dress & heels to make dinner for the family, unless I'm just cooking for the kids and my husband and I are heading out to a restaurant. But I know others who do, and who love their full-length aprons to catch most of the splatters.

Banned Read only
    Jess, I really don't care about other people. I speak for my wife.

I'm still pretty new at this and I don't think I've established any kind of style at all....

Does "soccer mom" count as a style?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Jess, I really don't care about other people. I speak for my wife.
    So what is your wife's style? Does she wear a dress to make dinner because it makes you happy? Or does she choose to do that for herself, but then complain about it anyway? I tend to agree that it's annoying to listen to someone complain about a choice that he or she made.

Victoria, your pictures of the tee shirt and shorts done put me off my feed for a month!! The style I favor is shown in the avatar but it is not always pants. Actually, those are real full at the bottom and look like a skirt.
    Last edited by Laura912; 08-04-2013 at 02:05 PM.

My style is cheap and easy, ready and willing.

Logically, at least for me anyway, I try to dress sharply whether dressed more formally or casually. So I always try to coordinate the entire outfit from shoes to belt to purse, jacket, top, bottom or dress. Friday night I went out in a long flowered skirt and low heels, not formal nor very informal, smart casual. last night I wore bright orange cotton cropped pants, a black with small polka dots sleeveless top, low wedge sandals and a cropped black jacket. That is casual for me. I wear shorts when I can. This last year has been a year to experiment with dresses, and I have several to yet wear out, some pretty daring in their design and colors.

As someone else said here, in guy mode, it is pretty much very casual with shorts, a polo shirt and flip flops, except for this week, since I have a shiny burnt orange toe nail polish on. I hardly ever just dress to sit at home, so I try to make the best of my fairly regular nights out and dress to be noticed (as in noticing someone dressed sharply) vary the look to go up or down a little from the norm.

Daytime I have a office girl look as I work as a secretary/receptionist for a large company. My evenings are more of a short or blue jeans with a tunic top unless going out and then I may stay dressed up from work.

Gold Member
    Yes! Okay, more description. I will dress in any manner....as long as it is appropriate for the plans of the day. Went to a Farmer's Market yesterday and wore a casual maxi skirt and a light top. Today is shorts and a sleeveless top as I have chores to do around the house but still might need to run out. My avatar is from Diva Las Vegas where the rules can be stretched a little and that was the final dinner also, which is a little more dressy. The only time I have a wider variance of choice is when I go to a meeting. Since it is a private meeting, anything is appropriate.

Platinum Member
    It varies from casual mall to semi freest night's out..but I cant put aclearer lable on it.

Victoria @ #6

I am guessing my style falls somewhere between the two sets of images, but just a tad (LOL) more towards the runway models.

I generally wear a casual dress and a more dressy ensemble when I have gone out. I just bought my first pair of NYDJ jeans and blouse and will find out if I like that look tomorrow
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I try to dress nicely when going out or to the club. Around home, I usually wear caftans, loungers, nighties with robes, rompers, shorts, tanks tops and stuff like that. Along with slippers, sandals or loafers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A bit off-topic, but can someone please tell me what's going on below the armpits of the 'lady' wearing the CUTF pants in MysticLady's picture? I've been trying to type a proper reply about my style for 10 minutes now but I can't stop looking at it.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Dresses and heels for me every time. I can wear pants anytime as a guy

Besides, my opportunities to dress are sporadic at best, so it's head-to-toe pretty for me if and when the chance arises.

Banned Read only
    Ah.........Kim, did we forget something

Nevermind, I see you fixed it