Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your style?

I never go for the glitz and glam. I think it brings attention to me, and then I feel outed and cover blown. I only get to dress once or maybe twice a month, so when I do go out en femme, I like to wear a skirt or dress. I have worn jeans to the grocery, but wear my women's jeans to work all the time. However, we are now planning / getting ready to visit a museum and I'm pretty sure I'll wear capris and a casual top.
    Stephanie

Banned Read only
    Well Everyone

Let show and tell just like Ms FrillySelly................YAY...A picture thread

I Know they're old..............

I try to dress appropriate to the situation. This includes the season, the weather, the location, and the purpose.

If I want to go out to a club or dance, then I'm wild and a bit "kinky", complete with heels, hose, short skirt, satin blouse, and glitzy make-up.

If I'm going shopping in the mall, then it's leggings or shorts (not too short), with a loose fitting top over a modest bra, with makeup that looks more natural even in bright lights.

When I'm flying, I usually wear something more like office wear, dressy slacks or a longer skirt, low heels, and perhaps hosiery, but not too glossy.

I wore smaller forms, when I needed them, and a B-cup or C-cup is plenty for what is needed.

There was a time, when I was younger, that I could wear 3 inch heels, or thigh high boots with 3 inch heels, mid-thigh skirt, and a blouse that sparkled a lot, showed my breasts, and flattered my waist. Thanks to childhood asthma, I was a bit barrel-chested so I avoided tight fitting blouses.

Now that I'm older, I can dress more like a 40-50 year old woman, look 10 years younger, and still look like I could have a teen-age daughter.

As a result of dressing to "blend", I can dress frequently and rarely get noticed, let alone read. I can even pass the "ladies' room line test". If you can wait in line to use a stall in the ladies room, for 10-15 minutes and not have women staring or making rude remarks, then you are perfectly dressed for your particular situation.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Aspiring Member
    My favorite style is business dress and business casual with nylons and heels. I do have a few cocktail dresses and holiday outfits that I wear typically around New Years. I also have a few sweater dresses that are, for me, casual wear. If I wear womens jeans I like to wear a nice sweater or top and heels.

I do not own flip flops and if I am going to dress I am not going to be a crossdresser crossdressing (in other words I am not going to dress up like a girl who is dressing like a guy). I am also not interested in looking like the 2 pics on the right in the people of Walmart post above. eeeewwww! and what is up with that girls underarms??

It depends on my mood. Most days, working in the home office, it's something like a denim skirt, tank top or tee and flats. Capris or jeans when I'm doing things around the house--laundry etc., but I have a few dresses, dressy skirts, and heels that I wear from time to time. (Today, the shoes are a summery espadrille.)

Well I have been described as Soccer Mom, Sadie Married Lady and "The Secretary" (watch the movie).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    I haven't found a place to take a ball gown yet...
    I can tell you a few places that you can do that but I don't think you would like them.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    I just don't understand women complaining about making and serving dinner in a dress and Heels.
    Maybe it is the "Making and serving" part...If I am going to dress up like that YOU Better be doing the serving or taking me out. Do you put on a suit and tie to fix the plumbing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I dress in a style that a friend once called "Corporate Naughty".
    I like that, that is cute.

Daily I will come to work now in a dress or shorts and top with wedges or flats but change to scrubs. Getting up and down on the floor with dogs doesn't work well with skirts or heels. But if I am going out to a nice place like Bree says, I am going to go for looks.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Maybe it is the "Making and serving" part...If I am going to dress up like that YOU Better be doing the serving or taking me out. Do you put on a suit and tie to fix the plumbing?
    As a matter of fact, I do. A t-shirt w/ a screen print of a tux.