Thread: Man In A Dress!

Man In A Dress!

Being one of those types who thinks he just about 'passes' in a soft focus photo, wouldn't it be great if there where more places that catered for Men-In-A-Dress types.

What I mean by that, is that for many of us, our actual body frame and voice is a bit of a giveaway in public!

Love to share my time with other 'women' like myself but very few places spring to mind in Kent (UK)

I know exactly what your talking about Sally. Wouldn't it be fun to go someplace knowing you'll be accepted and talk with us girls....
    Sometimes you just have to go out and do the best you can.....might help to have a friend with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Sally,
    I think that is another search for the holy grail.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

trying to picture what you are describing...like a secret "no gerlz aloud...heman club"?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Perhaps you could just go to a gay/bar club if you can find one and have the courage. They might be reasonably accepting?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyS View Post
    wouldn't it be great if there where more places that catered for Men-In-A-Dress types.

What I mean by that, is that for many of us, our actual body frame and voice is a bit of a giveaway in public!

Love to share my time with other 'women' like myself but very few places spring to mind in Kent (UK)
    I agree, I might get out more if I were going to be around others like me. Most outings and groups that I have investigated have really emphasized being as passable as possible or have minimum standards of dressing. Some even go so far as to prohibit "Men in dresses". As I said in my introduction post, I have a great figure!! for a MAN!!! I might enjoy throwing on a skirt and heels to watch a game on the tube with friends if I didn't have to do a bunch of fussing to, in the end, fool no one.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    A different perspective but I may have missed what you are seeking. No doubt in my mind that I am a Man-in-a-Dress type and my voice is definitely a give-away. Yet almost everywhere I go I feel accepted. As I've been told it is 2013.

'Accepted' may range from being truly accepted; to appreciated for being different and having the confidence to be out as a female; or simply tolerated. Most folk though simply go about their business and ignore me (and everyone else around).

My point Sally is that most anywhere is the sort of place you seek. It is simply a matter of confidence.

Platinum Member
    I have to admit that although I have a lot of physical 'tells' that make my birth gender apparent under close scrutiny, I really prefer to be out in the general population rather than places that cater primarily to men in dresses.

Sally, I know exactly what you mean. When I started looking to go out, I searched the internet for "Drag Shows" & that led me to places that are very accepting. I've been out to 5 - 6 different places now multiple times. The tough part for me has been finding other "women" like myself who are willing to step out. Can't find a monthly GNO in Charlotte nor Asheville but I'm still looking. I'm sure that there are great places in the UK- I see all the lovely ladies pics from there, like yours.. It's at least a place to start.

Hugs, Connie Marie