Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I was a GG....

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I don't know how my whole life would have differed, but I do wonder if my wife and I would have still ended up together....

Hi Anne, I don't like what-ifs that much. It's too broad a scope to even speculate. I have no idea what it would be like had I been born a girl. I mean, what if I were a GG but had gender dysphoria and were unhappy in that body also? I don't know, regarding gender issues, I prefer to live in the "here and now", know what I mean?

The hole thing does not make much sense when you try to imagine YOU yourself as a GG. Reason is you would not be your current self to begin with.

So many things would be different.

So its a nice speculation, but not much substance to it

This was just a fun fantasy. The reality is that there are too many variables in life if I were born a GG to really know what "could've been". I am what I am and I have no regrets for my past. I have a wonderful family and cherish all those memories as son, brother, husband, father, grandfather, uncle and friend. That will never be taken away nor do I want it to be removed from anyone's memories. But, that was me playing the traditional role of a man. I was those things, but only because I was suppressing the innermost part of me. So, I can't, and don't want to change the past. I just want to live my life to the best for today and prepare for the future with the knowledge that I have no idea what the future holds. Just as I can only speculate what could've been, I can only speculate what could happen next. The key is to not let these those become regret or worry but to have fun with these thoughts.
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne