Thread: Starting over.

Starting over.

After my recent unscheduled purge, I've started over. I have several panties and a white bra, a pink skirt and black blouse (that doesn't fit all that well) and two pair of pantyhose. I was so excited to put the pantyhose on that I poked my finger thru one pair! CRAP!!! I decided to try some "boy panties" and they are surprisingly comfortable.

I've painted my toenails, OPI Nomads dream, and it's a nice subdued shade. I also like Suzi and the Lifeguard. Its a pretty, delicate pink. My other fave is Princesses Rule.

We'll see how it goes.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Victoria,
    I hope your purge was healthy.
    Did it teach you a lesson?
    Probably not.
    Get back into it and when other interests do come along put it all away till after the distraction passes.
    It will.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To purge or not to purge! I think Beverley said it best! Have no regrets! Never get rid of part of you!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Boy shorts are the best! Cute and comfy and a bit more forgiving on the huevos.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by VAWyman View Post
    I was so excited to put the pantyhose on that I poked my finger thru one pair! CRAP!!!
    ...Don't you just hate that. Brand new hose, down the drain. AARRGGHHH

i hate it when my pantyhose give up, and i hate to hear purge, i dont get chance to do alot of dressing and makeup in the summer cos the kids are off school and things, please stop purgeing just cos i cant use my clothes and makeup alot this time of year doesnt mean i purge, i just save and get ready for "autumn" spends.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    ...Don't you just hate that. Brand new hose, down the drain. AARRGGHHH
    Can at least part of it be saved for robbing a bank?

Many of us learn that lesson the hard way. I still miss some of the things I purged years ago.

Here's a link to a checklist of wardrobe basics from Real Simple that might help organize your shopping: http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fas...952/index.html

You refer to this as an unscheduled purge. Was this purge done by yourself during one of those times we all face, where we are done for good? Or did wifey com across it and purge for you? Sorry if I'm too nosey.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Have you ever noticed that when you only have one pair of hose left you will probably get a run in them but if you have several pairs they will last for a long time.

Having purged more times than I can count, I have felt your pain. The last time I felt compelled to slam the door shut I decided to put my clothes away instead. What a good choice that was!

OTH, as you rebuild your wardrobe necessities you are more in tune with your preferences. No need to re-accomplish all those wardrobe failures. Funny thing, if you shop at Goodwill you may find your favorite jeans, lol.
    Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Ericaxd View Post
    Many of us learn that lesson the hard way. I still miss some of the things I purged years ago.

Here's a link to a checklist of wardrobe basics from Real Simple that might help organize your shopping: http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fas...952/index.html
    Thanks for the link Erica. The list is impressive. Not only do I have something to work with for myself but for my SO.
    Jenny

When first I saw ‘Suzi and the lifeguard’ I thought “what have I done now? I don’t even know any lifeguards. [Well there was this cute one on holiday once but lets not go there]

Victoria, I am sorry you have a struggle with CDing and purged.
    Are you free to be you now and won’t purge again? I hope so my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    LOL. Thats one way to pay for a 2nd wardrobe.

Suzi, laughed at your comment so much I almost fell out of my chair.

Princess G, you're not being nosy, you were the only one that caught it. My wife found my clothes about a month ago, threw everything in the trash the day the trash truck went by. I lost every stitch CD clothing I had, even that cute sundress I'm wearing in my picture.
    Last edited by VAWyman; 08-06-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

I'm rebuilding after an unintended purge. My wardrobe accidentally went to Goodwill by my ex. @#$% %$#@!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Or scaring the crap out of my kiddo's

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Sue View Post
    Have you ever noticed that when you only have one pair of hose left you will probably get a run in them but if you have several pairs they will last for a long time.
    Yes, plus, it only seems to happen to my more expensive hose. The cheapies just never get ruined. I can use them to tow a car and just wash em and they're fine.