Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For all you Lurkers [aka GUESTS] out there...

I'm a lurker no longer! I have been haunting these threads for more than a year. I did try, at one time, to register but ran into problems with a receiving the necessary emails into my email account. This OP prompted me to try one more time. Success!

I'm not a really chatty kind of person so it is unlikely I will post often. The 10 post limit/goal to receive added privileges is daunting to me right now but we'll have to see how it all goes.

Stephanie (Typing that in is a little weird but makes me smile!)

Lightbulb

I mostly read this forum from my phone, which makes it a pain to log in (and I certainly don't want to leave my phone logged in). So I lurk, but only to save time and effort. If I really want to say something, I'll log in from a computer (and I have been known to log in from my phone on the odd occasion). I suspect that this may be quite a common modus operandi, accounting for quite a number of lurkers.

It would be interesting to look through the logs of user-agents that have been accessing the site and seeing the how the ratio of mobile to non-mobile devices is changing. If you compared, say, a representative number of guest hits from mobile vs non-mobile devices against a representative number of logged-in member hits from mobile vs non-mobile devices, I think it would be possible to infer from the guest numbers how many of them are actually members who can't be bothered to log in from their phones. The user-agent log entries would also show almost exactly how many accesses are made by bots.

It would also be interesting to write a forum app, which allows your credentials to be stored so you don't have to keep logging in. The app could be protected by a passcode to stop your nosey kids using it. Maybe something I'll look at if I ever get time!
    Last edited by Melanie Sykes; 08-07-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Typo-fixing.

Yes I lurked here too like many of us but haven't for quite awhile. I do lurk on some other sites for various reasons and do have my own other groups where I post some more explicit pics of me where there are lurkers.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    If I ever get a picture of myself that doesn't look like an ape in a dress, I'll post it. Until then ...
    Hey!! Gorilla's in dresses are Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by robindee36 View Post
    I once was a lurker here.
    Not for very long my dear.
    Quickly overcame my fear.
    Now have new acquaintances that bring me great cheer.
    Nearly time for a cold beer.

Maybe I should have stayed a lurker

Hugs, Robin
    Robin..................you Poet. Should we change your name to Robin Shakespeare?

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Some people may log out but keep a browser window open on a thread. I've done that. I often have several threads open all at once and when I log out, all the threads that are in the background are still open. I live alone so there is no need to close out my browser window and no one but me can sign into my laptop when it is dormant.
    Reine, you have got to get a life, Girl.

Hi Everybody, You don't have too be a Lurker. You can be a Perker, like me. Definition of a Perker....A lurker that became a member w/ a cup of coffee close by.

Leona.........It's iced Coffee, I promise, again
    Last edited by MysticLady; 08-07-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I lurked for a good while before joining. What prevented me was a fear that I would be tempted to post pictures of myself, start slipping further down the TG spectrum, maybe out myself to more people in life, buy even more clothing/items I did not need, etc. Of course all of that did happen after joining. Too late now to go back!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Pardon me, but who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by shortskirt87 View Post
    I feel the same about football, or any sport :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shortskirt87 View Post
    Shortskirt, some people have it in them to help others, and that includes encouraging lurkers to come out. If that's not for you, so be it, but please don't knock others who care.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    I lurked for a good while before joining. What prevented me was a fear that I would be tempted to post pictures of myself, start slipping further down the TG spectrum, maybe out myself to more people in life, buy even more clothing/items I did not need, etc. Of course all of that did happen after joining. Too late now to go back!
    ^ haha this happened to me too. Once I started to join forums and talk to people I stopping telling lies to myself and started outing myself to others willingly

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    If I ever get a picture of myself that doesn't look like an ape in a dress, I'll post it. Until then ...
    You weren't in "Planet of the Apes" were you?? Just kidding...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Sykes View Post
    I feel the same about football, or any sport :-)
    ......................... ................................................

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Shortskirt, some people have it in them to help others, and that includes encouraging lurkers to come out. If that's not for you, so be it, but please don't knock others who care.
    I think she may be referring to a post and not the OP, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    ..................now that you mentioned it.

I lurked in the background for about a year before joining.But it was because of the fear i felt inside.I just couldn't envision getting help in this forum from others.Fear is our worst enemy!...Looking back....the lurking was just another rut and holding me back from any progress.The idea here is to eliminate those things which hold you back,and not joining the forum is one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    "I never met an ape I didn't like."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Been lurking for a while and have decided to stop the silence. Won't post a lot but hope to get more active going forward.

Banned Read only
    Welcome all you new folks to this wild and crazy bunch. Sometimes we cat fight but, we're all cats

Meow, phiss phiss
    Last edited by MysticLady; 08-07-2013 at 03:50 PM.

It must be terrible to be a lurker, Throughout the whole thread, people are saying how beautiful the OP looks. And the lurkers can see the pics. Awww, too bad.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Oh my gosh, look at this beauty. Aww lurkers, you can't see the picture, too bad. Join us and see what your missing out on.

I too have lurked for a long time. For a while, I couldn't get registered because of the ISP I use was rejected. Now I use a gmail account. So this is my first post. I belong to the senior class, age 69.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    It doesn't bother me either way. Least the site is drawing visitors who are interested. I think that's a good thing
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Been a member on here for quite a few years but hardly ever post......never have much to say anyway. Think the last time I posted, I talked about the need to be upfront about cding before getting married and got shot down in flames. Still enjoy coming on to read the stories of others' lives though

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I confess, i am a Bot.
    Don't you mean a femme-bot? Austin Powers... anyone? anyone....? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    smile!
    How about members that post no photos, isn't that a type of lurking??
    (some don't even have a image on their profile?)
    absoloutely

Quote Originally Posted by sterusjon View Post
    I'm a lurker no longer! I have been haunting these threads for more than a year. I did try, at one time, to register but ran into problems with a receiving the necessary emails into my email account. This OP prompted me to try one more time. Success!

I'm not a really chatty kind of person so it is unlikely I will post often. The 10 post limit/goal to receive added privileges is daunting to me right now but we'll have to see how it all goes.

Stephanie (Typing that in is a little weird but makes me smile!)
    Hi there! SEE! At least someone was paying attention. I get to reply to your very first post Welcome.

Don't join, they're all C R A Z Y in here... you'll never get out

RUN AWAY!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VS Fan View Post
    Don't you mean a femme-bot? Austin Powers... anyone? anyone....? LOL
    Definitely a fem bot...but certainly a bot, nonetheless. truly, lurkers, do be ware! You cannot stay around here long without being changed by the experience.