Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For all you Lurkers [aka GUESTS] out there...

Banned Read only

For all you Lurkers [aka GUESTS] out there...

WE [the members] can see you but don't panic. We can ONLY see the totality of NON members viewing any particular thread. That Info shows up at the bottom of threads but guests can't see it, only members. Right this very minute as I type this, there are 25 members and 86 guests viewing the entire MtF Forum.

So just WHAT is stopping you from joining? You do know [don't you?] that once you join, you can THEN see all the nekkid pictures? Heck, you don't even have to have any clothing items of any type hidden anywhere, and/or a partner of some kind who may or may not know or approve and NO, an injection of Pink Fog Virus is not mandatory when joining.

You might have this crazy idea that various sharks of all sizes swim here and you have no desire whatsoever to be bitten by one or many? Total HOGWASH. This site is no different than any other Forum. You are bound to make at least a few enemies as well as a few friends. If nothing else, some folks you can relate to much better than others.

So why not join in and participate and share whatever experiences you have had? IF you do, I think just TWO thoughts, always in mind will make your participation here much more enjoyable. One, it's YOUR choice what to read and/or respond to. Or WHO to respond to. Two, [probably even more importantly] is to keep that old childhood axiom handy, maybe written down on a piece of paper. It SHOULD become ever more obvious as we age...

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me".

Don't ALLOW what other members write, to ruin YOUR experience here. IF you do, it's on you.

And I WAS joking about the nekkid pics.

But don't let that stop you from joining.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 08-06-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: comma

Lurkers beware! -- crossdressers abound -- and it's catching!! try it you'll like it ....................Debra

sponsored by Goodwill and thrift stores everywhere

Hmmm, I was "lurking"(basically too lazy to log in) when I read this. I wonder how many other "lurkers" are really members who do the same thing sometimes?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hey! I was a lurker once.....ONCE!

I always log on, I always have "something" to say.
    At the moment there are 3 members and one guest out there.
    It is 16:42 GMT.
    Kate Simmons,
    I can see you have been to MAC again.
    They do a wonderful plastic surgery job on you don't they?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lurkers grow a pair will ya!!!
    You know you want to join so come on quit being such a chicken.I dare you.

Sometimes members will just look for a couple of mnutes without taking the time to log in. I don't do it often, but I sometimes will.

So, many of those "guests" shown could be actual members who just didn't bother to log in. It doesn't really mean anything.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Actually this kind of look is the type of "miracle" Amanda Richards pulls off at True Colors. I know because she has a book of her clientele of before and after pics she showed me. Not to mention I met one of her regular customers who passed away a few years back. He was a rugged contractor but he personally showed me pics from the photo shoots Amanda did of him. I love good craftsmanship.It goes to show what can be accomplished, lurking notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Wild, if this thread inspires even one "guest" to overcome any possible reservations they may have concerning actually becoming a bonafide "member", then... mission accomplished!

Who'll be the first? C'mon, now, don't be shy...

We're waiting!

Aspiring Member
    I was once a lurker, and then one day I said, "Aww what the hell?!" Since I became a member I have become more enlightened about myself learning from others and hopefully may have have helped others in many ways just by sharing my life experiences.

It occurred to me that maybe some guests could be living vicariously through the rest of us. Or they may be deeply closeted having a family shared computer or can only visit from a work computer and immediately deleting the history? I'll bet some guests would love to enjoy what many of us enjoy---living the dream. I'm just guessing here, and enjoying all there is about what some might call a "hobby", which it really is not. It's a lifestyle.

Cheryl Ann
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 08-06-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Smile!
    How about members that post no photos, isn't that a type of lurking??
    (Some don't even have a image on their profile?)

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    Smile!
    How about members that post no photos, isn't that a type of lurking??
    (Some don't even have a image on their profile?)
    If I ever get a picture of myself that doesn't look like an ape in a dress, I'll post it. Until then ...

I once was a lurker here.
    Not for very long my dear.
    Quickly overcame my fear.
    Now have new acquaintances that bring me great cheer.
    Nearly time for a cold beer.

Maybe I should have stayed a lurker

Hugs, Robin

Some people may log out but keep a browser window open on a thread. I've done that. I often have several threads open all at once and when I log out, all the threads that are in the background are still open. I live alone so there is no need to close out my browser window and no one but me can sign into my laptop when it is dormant.

Another explanation for all the "guests" might be web crawlers (bots) for search engines. I'm sure there are some guests reading the threads, but you'd think they'd be reading current threads and not stuck on pages that are a few years old, which is a large chunk of what's being looked at. You can verify this by clicking on the number of users online on the Index page, and then opting to display "guests" at the bottom of the page. My guess is that 50/50 bots/members who've signed out are crawling/viewing the Index page, and guests (including members who haven't bothered to sign in) are reading current threads. And weird glitches are causing all the old threads to appear as if guests are reading them.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Reine

Good Thread. Yes, I was a lurker too, for a few months, before I decided to join. i finally thought, so what if anyone I knew in drab life caught me here!!! But what does it really matter, we are here to have fun, and maybe offer support and advice to other dressers, and their SO"s too.

About 1/3 of my time here is via one of several mobile devices. To be honest, it's quite a chore to log in repeatedly on them. I just note what's going on and which threads I would like to add my two cents. That said, I did lurk for quite the while before I joined a few years ago.

FYI, I haven't been subjected to any nekkid pics yet, lol.
    Jenny

I was a lurker for a long time. It took me a long time to join, as it was the very first time I had publicly outed myself, I was extremely nervous.

Does that mean I should stop looking for those pics?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I suppose I am (was) one of those lurkers. Just joined. I will make an intro thread after awhile. New to all this so pretty nervous.

Ya I was lurking this morning. this thread motivated me so much that I learned how to and even posted a thread and pic. in the picture forum.

I was a lurker for short time before I joined. Now I feel this place and all the members are like home and family. I really do love being part of such a great community.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    Wild, if this thread inspires even one "guest" to overcome any possible reservations they may have concerning actually becoming a bonafide "member", then... mission accomplished!

Who'll be the first? C'mon, now, don't be shy...
    I'm reluctant to quote my own prior post, yet I feel it's appropriate here...

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonL View Post
    I suppose I am (was) one of those lurkers. Just joined. I will make an intro thread after awhile. New to all this so pretty nervous.

Congratulations, Madison... I'd like to officially welcome you to CD.com as a full-fledged member, providing your submission to the "Introductions" subset of the Forum is acceptable... we are quite cliquish, and have standards, you understand.

Totally kidding, girlfriend! Welcome to the happiest place on Earth for CD'ers and their loved ones.

BTW, you just barely edged out Davena for top honors...

Quote Originally Posted by Davena Doll View Post
    Ya I was lurking this morning. this thread motivated me so much that I learned how to and even posted a thread and pic. in the picture forum.
    Davena, you're late... fashionably, that is! And you appear to be a fast learner, already posting in "The Picture and Video Gallery"... haven't seen yours yet, but I'll bet they're terrific... I think you'll fit right in!

Y'know, I'm ecstatic in that this thread may have provided the incentive to at least two guests to "take the plunge" and become members...

Wild, I think you can declare "mission accomplished"; TBS, I dream of the day all CD'ers, their friends, families, and acquaintances can come here and rejoice in the spirit of comraderie that is this site's ultimate potential...

We're all in this together, trying to make this world a better place for everyone...

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

Another explanation for all the "guests" might be web crawlers (bots) for search engines.
    I confess, i am a Bot.

Im just to lazy to sign in. Usually just so i can see the media section haha
    Nothing is true.... Everything is permitted....

Well Done, OP! Success already. Well done too new members, and welcome.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!