Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posing tips for photos

Posing tips for photos

Came across these sample poses and thought we might all find something helpful. The photo set is put into a single .jpg file which is too big to post on the forum, so here's the link, http://i.imgur.com/8DPUEbT.jpg.

Enjoy, and put your best face forward!

~Rachel
    Last edited by Di; 08-07-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fourm business NOT to be discussed-

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thanks for the link, some great poses.

Thanks Rachel.
    I will have fun trying a few of these out this weekend.

Wow, thanks for the post. It reminds me there is more in this world than Nikon.
    Jenny

Hey, thanks heaps for that Rachel. I'm always wanting to try different ways of posing and can never think of enough variety. I'll definitely be trying some of those for future pics.

That's a great reference. All very femme! Thanks for posting.
    Stephanie

Great ideas for the next photo shoot

Now I got to get the camera out!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Now all I need is someone on the other side of the camera to take those pictures for me.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Great set of pics but I'm not sure I can get away with a lot of those poses, lol. I have enough trouble just remembering to smile in front of the camera.
    -Audrey

I would love to try this but it feels like the model in the pictures has an unfair advantage

You can always post some photos of your self on the photo board and I will come along and rip it to shreds for you
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Awwww, Beverly, you're too kind! But really, I already do that for myself, so there's no need for you to do it as well.

I'm glad y'all like these tips. I had hoped they would be helpful. Even after so many years of watching women pose, I still have no idea how to do it myself so I'm grateful for these little tutorials.

~Rachel

p.s. So I just went back and looked at the picture again, right? Then I started laughing because I hadn't even realize when I posted it why I was so captured by this tutorial. I've had a thing recently for imagining the femme me in flannel shirts and denim shorts. I think that's what caught my eye first with this, and only later did I say, "Hey, and look what she's doing! I need that!"
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-10-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours

Thanks Rachel for the tips.

Most of us don't have someone to hold the camera or a good camera/lens combo so it is difficult to shoot hi/low far/close. I found that a DSLR that can be tethered to a laptop can shoot multiple frames allowing you to move around in a pose. Also a tripod is a must and if you plan on doing more images often, there are inexpensive lights and backdrops that can be bought on line so you aren't always shooting with your closet door in the background.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Great tips,there are some poses that I will love to try

thank you, but now I want to be her
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, That is a great site , Now if I could just get the trains to pose for me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thanks Rachel. I love all the ideas. Can't wait to try some of these poses. Everyone here should look at this thread.
    Live and let dress.

Wow, thanx!!! That will help me a lot!!! I've recently started with photography, and even set up a small studio, including a green screen. These posing tips will really come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Thanks Rachel for the tips.

Most of us don't have someone to hold the camera or a good camera/lens combo so it is difficult to shoot hi/low far/close. I found that a DSLR that can be tethered to a laptop can shoot multiple frames allowing you to move around in a pose. Also a tripod is a must and if you plan on doing more images often, there are inexpensive lights and backdrops that can be bought on line so you aren't always shooting with your closet door in the background.
    I have a dslr, and recently got a wired remote, which I have extended, this gave me an idea now to hookup a timer instead of the switch... say every 3-5 seconds.

Thanks I think I found a few that I would like to try, put I don't know why for some reason the only area I need the most help is to smile. You would think that being so happy to be dressed and taking pictures that I would smile.

I'm with you, Maria, only for me it's in real life I don't smile nearly enough. I really enjoy those times of connection with a woman's quick smile of greeting.

You forgot to post the companion tip sheet. How to look like the girl in the posing tip sheet.

Here's round 2

Great tips. Since I don't get very many good "straight on" photos this will help alot :-)
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.