Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I could have seriously hurt him

Billie, you rock girlfriend !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

I would not ask a GG what she was wearing under similar circumstances, because we tend to know the ropes about such things. But, if this was among the OP's first times out, he or she may not be aware that some looks attract more attention than others. And a genetic male who goes out looking like a well endowed female, cannot expect to be treated the same as he would be if he were not CDing.
    Excellent point. I have been rather surprised to notice in my time on this forum so far how different the perspective is of many here from what I would have thought would be easy to notice once someone started to interact with the outside world while presenting as female. It's been an eye opening experience because it's shown me how not obvious things are to those with the privilege. I am learning about my own cis privilege and I'm learning just how unaware people who have lived a life of being perceived as men are of their own privilege.
    Erin
    I wear the sassypants in the family.

“The greatest obstacle to connecting
    with our joy is resentment.”
    ~ Pema Chödrön ~

A Guide to Overcoming Envy

Quote Originally Posted by patti.jean View Post
    Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. It is not after the fact expressing what violence you withheld.

This area of Grand Rapids like many cities does have a history of prostitution, but it is ancient history and is no reflection of what the area is like today. I do not want to leave anyone with a bad impression of Grand Rapids or this area.

Patti
    Ancient? I'm sure there are people hanging around the area that still have hookers deeply ingrained in their mind from just a few years back. There definitely is still prostitution on Division, maybe not the very block referred to here, but somewhere north of 28th street there are prostitutes to be found.

GR has become a notorious for violent crime in the last few years, mostly in neighborhoods that aren't too far from the area in question. I know there has been a lot of cleaning up, but I'm hearing about shootings quite often in GR.

Billie,

You are not a horrible person. I was only correcting the facts, Grand Rapids is a great place. What you did was the right thing to do, but expressing what violence you could do, is not right. You are going to get propositioned if you are on the streets of any city. I was downtown last night by the Plaza Hotel (a five star hotel) and was propositioned. I just smiled and walked on, it happens.

Sorry I offended you.
    Patti
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Gold Member
    Sometimes things happen. You go out as a woman and there are times you are likely to get flirted with.
    With the guy's tactless proposition, a lot of men, even good ones, just have little or no clue how to approach women. It doesn't mean they are malicious, it just means they are clueless.
    I see it every time I go anywhere with one of my friends. He is harmless as they come but has a habit of asking cashiers if they want to come over and be a partner for him and his wife. It is rather embarrassing. He would never hurt anyone, he is kind of a dork like that though
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

You know, I have read the OP several times, and then tried to weave my way through all the subsequent discussions. All Billie did was talk about an experience she had. She obviously didn't relate the entire experience of what happened, of every single word that was spoken.
    When I first read this post, I replied that I thought it was the greatest post I had ever seen on here, and I STILL feel that way. Then the second time I went to this post, I saw all the criticism of her, and I didn't even bother reading it in detail, because I thought it was all so ridiculous.
    So now, because I have read the posts, I find it not to be ridiculous, but hurtful.
    It's that way with any message board you read, on any site, concerning any topic, be it politics, sports, or the price of tea in China. Anyone can just sit at a computer monitor and type whatever they feel, and the only form of repercussion is that someone will reply with another post, and then someone else replies, and so on...I am ashamed of some of the things I have read on this thread. Truly ashamed.
    Yeah, I'm a crossdresser...someone who is generally shunned by society. I find this site, and it makes me feel at home with other individuals like me. And then I see posts in reply to what happened to her questioning her decisions or thoughts, and even questioning the use of the word "ethnic."
    What would give me the right, to criticize Billie, as to anything she would post, in describing what happened to her, when I wasn't even there? What would give me the right, to sit behind my computer and type whatever comes to mind on the situation? I don't have the right to do that, in whatever post comes along on this site, because I don't know...how...it...would...make...her...feel.
    Just about every other post I have seen, on this site, are helpful to people, and supportive of people. Even with looks, or clothing, or whatever, people are helpful, giving suggestions instead of making derogatory remarks. It's how we are. But if you have to, smash me for giving MY opinion.
    One thing I can say is a fact; I will be much, much more aware, and careful, of anything I post on this website.
    So, to everyone that felt like they could just type away, copy in other people's comments and bang away at the keys...and feel like they had to dissect every word... And that is where this post ends.
    Lisa

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Lisa,
    You are very brave for sticking up for me.
    I think that what may have happened is they don`t understand that what i said was i could have done some things. They read it as I considered doing those things. There is a huge difference in acknowledging the capability held in check as opposed to knowing you have the capability and considering doing so. Saying I could have only shows the physical differences, abilities, and the advantage of surprise. It does in no way state that I was about to hurt the cretin. If it is wrong to have the ability to squash someone and not do so then every person bigger than the smallest child is guilty. It is too bad that some chose to delve in to my character faults when I was actually stating i had the physical ability such that I could do something but did not consider it as the proper way to react. But it would have been too much trouble for the critics to ask for a clarification when it is so easy to just poop out something negative.
    Anyway thanks.
    The odd thing is that one person`s beloved Grand Rapids had a bunch of brawling rowdies shut down a really cool public free outdoor swing dance event at the center of town square. So one person who decided to slam me now has been shown to be in error for what seems to be the trigger for her going after me.
    Billie
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 08-15-2013 at 10:20 PM.