Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Age of Dinosaurs

Krististeph: That parrot is dead.

I think that context determines if "forum Dino" refers to someone on the forums who is older than the average, or to someone who has been here a long time. I believe Wildaboutheels's first post using that term was ambiguous on which group, but since the sentence in which it was dropped meant the same thing regardless of which group it referred to (knowing there's a lot of overlap), I guess it doesn't really matter. I also felt that sentence was respectful, and the term wasn't meant to malign anybody.

Some of us must fill the role of good listeners. After nearly 5 years as a member I have a paltry number of posts. My knee jerk reaction to dino, when it is applied to me, is out of date. In my case out of date casts a wide net...behind in technology, style, pop culture, and getting further behind the times by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    A Forum Dino, like every term here, is subject to interpretation.

Some people "see" red when they even hear the term "wolf whistle".

Others might be willing to purge half their closet to get one.
    Ah! Forum dino is just a reference to time, then. I stand to be corrected. I should have looked up the post where you mentioned it.
    Reine

Ive been a member here for many years. Typically I go though spurts of posting picts, making comments, and checking in every now and then. My main goal on this was to meet others like me who live near me, or find a local support groups. None of that has happened. I'm still around watching others come and go. In a way I feel like a Dino wading through time.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.