Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accepted by your GG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Accepted by your GG

I have a question for you ladies. How does your GG make you feel accepted and loved? I try to do little things...for example my SO's birthday is this week so I painted my nails the colors of the TG flag. I am just wondering what let's you know you are accepted and loved?

Thanks for the advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]----Live....Laugh....Love------SO of Cassandra Lynn.

One of the sweetest things that my wife ever did was to put a present for "Kim" under the Christmas tree. That was a long time ago and I can't even recall what it was, but I still remember the joy of knowing that it existed, and that my wife cared enough about me to buy it and put it there.

I think like Kim,
    If my wife actually put the effort into get a present for Raychel
    anything, I would be ecstatic. It would not really matter what it was.
    I would be overjoyed. Just the simple fact that she accepts enough and
    gave thought to get something, That would do it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

She just kisses me and tells me as we hug...enough said.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My wife has purchased a few things for me, and gone shopping with me. I think the biggest thing she does to show her love and support however is that when I come out of the bedroom and I'm dressed she doesn't say anything at all, it's like just a normal thing.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    One of the sweetest things that my wife ever did was to put a present for "Kim" under the Christmas tree.
    My wife does that for me, too, Kimmy. She's done if for many years now.

For me, it's the little things. E will see something at Kohl's and get it for me or if she's going to get makeup, she'll ask me if I need anything. She's also a good feedback system with regard to what looks good (clothing, hair, etc.) or not. And we go to our local TG support group as a couple.

She Loves me for me, I can ask for no more. Although she gives even more. I'm truely Blessed

The little presents that mean she's thinking of me are wonderful. I recently got home to find a gift card to our favorite jewelry store on my pillow and for Valentine's day I got lip liner and perfume. I smiled for days.

Even better though, is just being able to talk about my experiences with her and work constructively towards a better relationship. And when she goes out with me... bliss.

-Bree

At Christmas and my birthday, Stephanie usually gets a present too: a skirt, dress, jewelry, etc.
    Stephanie

My wife went to Lane Bryant recently and brought home a pair of panties for me, and said, "I thought these would look cute on you." A little thing, but it meant the world to me.

My SO/partner totally accepts and encourages. Its everyday life for us so no biggie.

Hi GG 7irsh, Do not paint your toe nails , do hers. The color she likes. My GG loves when I bring her ear rings,neckless, rings . They don't have to be diamonds, but tasteful trinkets. Plus you get to wear them too. Go shopping with her, this way u get cloths too. Jo

GG / SO of a CD
    Quote Originally Posted by josrphine View Post
    Hi GG 7irsh, Do not paint your toe nails , do hers. The color she likes.
    I agree with josrphine... Paint hers!

Even though I always buy little gifts for my SO, there is nothing like the moments we share with my SO's legs on my lap while I paint her nails. I find the little things like that mean more to my sweetheart than the actual gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Wants View Post
    I agree with josrphine... Paint hers!

Even though I always buy little gifts for my SO, there is nothing like the moments we share with my SO's legs on my lap while I paint her nails. I find the little things like that mean more to my sweetheart than the actual gifts.
    I think the intent of the OP was to ask the members of the forum what their SOs have done to show acceptance, not to judge other GGs or suggest that they aren't as accepting as they think they are. Painting your spouse's nails might be significant in one relationship, but a tangible gift might be just as significant for someone else, and a GG displaying a TG symbol (rainbow nails) might be more meaningful to the spouse than a gift or a pedicure.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

GG / SO of a CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    I think the intent of the OP was to ask the members of the forum what their SOs have done to show acceptance, not to judge other GGs or suggest that they aren't as accepting as they think they are. Painting your spouse's nails might be significant in one relationship, but a tangible gift might be just as significant for someone else, and a GG displaying a TG symbol (rainbow nails) might be more meaningful to the spouse than a gift or a pedicure.
    My apologies, Mimi. That wasn't what I was trying to suggest. I guess I should have paid more attention as I re-read what I was posting to make sure it wouldn't have been taken that way. It was purely me trying to say that in the case of my SO I know it is more appreciated than gift, certainly not trying to discount or judge others.

Again my apologies,

Lola

Platinum Member
    Hi GG7, My wife tolerates my dressing and that's good enough for me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Lots of good suggestions here. Feminine gifts and pampering are always appreciated as well as gestures of acceptance like the rainbow nails.

Mimi's greatest gift to me has been her enthusiasm in helping me explore my feminine side. She's always suggesting things that we can do to get Eryn out and about.
    Last edited by Eryn; 08-16-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Everyday things...but nice things, like genuinely affectionate hugs and kisses when I'm en femme. Most important was her comment that she could see th joy that this brings out in me.

My wife is a real encouragement to me and my dressing, not only does she buy Christmas and Birthday equally between male and female gifts, she also encourages me to buy the things that delight me all year around.
    But the day I felt most loved, as Tina, was the day I stayed home from work, and she knew I'd be dressed, she sent me flowers
    With a sweet note, I was on cloud 9 for days, dried the flowers and framed them, still have them some 15 years later.
    It was the first tile I really realized how important flowers can be, I've sent her many bouquets since then, as pay back.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

She is my best friend and her acceptance of Ellen Jo is enough for me. I can't express how much I love this woman.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

My wife bought me "breast enhancers" on Fathers day

My supportive wife is always doing little things. Just last week she was out shopping with a friend and called me just to say she had picked up something Misty will just love, and she can't wait to give it to her. BTW: It's really great to have CD as a part of our life, and not the center of it.

Many ways but she said to me once that "I don't really get all of this (being trans*) but I do get you!"
    Debby

My wife is my best friend.
    She is always there for me and I make damn sure I am always there for her.
    We go around the world touring and we have a damn good time meeting others and exploring things.
    At the end of the day....

We are there for each other.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Irish, my wife simply treats me normally. I am no less loved in pants or a dress. Now, on a rare occasion, she will buy me something for Jennifer and that is just an overt sign that she's ok with the cross dressing part of me. I don't need more than that.