Thread: Mixed gender clothing and appearances

Mixed gender clothing and appearances

Hi all,

Now that I have introduced myself I cannot wait to get the perspectives of other folks on this board on a type of behavior that I am confused about but feel a strong need for. It is the wearing of women's clothing in public. I don't try to appear as a woman but rather want to blur gender lines etc. However, what I feel most strongly about is to not let societal conventions dictate what I can and cannot wear.

Examples: leggings, Piercing, crop pants, tights , and even skirts that pass the "could this be men's clothing?" test. Sometimes I will do things like tuck my gear away and wear leggings...

Is it politics? Is it a dare? Is it sexual? Is it about putting myself into a vulnerable situation? Yes, yes, yes and yes, and it depends, for me.

But what about you?
    Who else is doing this?
    What are you wearing?
    In what situation do you wear these things? Work, home, family, special friends, strangers?
    What do you know about your motivation?
    What emotions do you experience when you wear mixed cloths?

I know that the next step for me is to do more to suggest physical female attributes under my mixed-gender clothes: small breasts that can only be seen by the extra keen observer and that could pass for male breasts. Or wider hips through padding. I don't know where this is leading.

Thanks for your perspectives!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Hi Nicky,

I don't try to pass or appear as a woman, I am clearly a man in women's clothes. Most of the time when I go out in public I am dressed in a mix of male and female clothes, I never wear a wig unless I am in a costume, sometimes I will wear make up. I dress how I feel comfortable, usually in girly shorts and a tank or cami, flip flops, sometimes a bra if the outfit needs it. My nails are always painted, I favor pink. I have been to the food market, post office etc. but will not go to the mall dressed, because I don't need or want to draw that much attention to myself, and people go there in groups, and you know how the group mentality works. I don't care what people think, but I do try to be smart and safe as I live in SC and it is very conservative. I've been out wearing these outfits, I do get looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm going to look for perfection of being a woman, details every nuance.
    I do not just wear clothes, I have to live them
    So, in my opinion wear dresses without living them and feeling like a woman for me is synonymous with simple fetishism to another type of condition for women's clothing

There are levels of cross dressing as already illustrated here.
    To Majella,
    Whatever floats your boat, and as long as you do not draw too much ridicule and are comfortable appearing as you are, so be it.
    There are others like yourself and if I knew you and met you in the street I would talk and hold a conversation with you, with only a little trepidation.

To both of you I prefer the art form.
    I was always a successful looker and I still try to achieve the same.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You're not alone at all. I feel the same way, although it's rather conservative considering I prefer a casual look... always been the jeans and a t-shirt type. Everyone in the neighborhood has seen me in yoga pants, short shorts, flats, etc. Today it's black athletic pants (my butt looks amazing) and a printed white t-shirt.

My motivation? To wear what I think looks good on me. I don't like how most male clothes fit or look, so I've ended up mixing. As for emotions, when I'm wearing the right thing, I'm very happy. I've lacked self-confidence for a long time (still do), but when I know I look good, that confidence shows. And for you, any similarities, or is it different?

"leggings, Piercing, crop pants, tights , and even skirts that pass the "could this be men's clothing?" test. "

What leggings tights and skirts pass the "could this be men's clothing" test?

Also always a man in a dress, see
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...out-as-a-girl-...
    earlier today. Even without the mustache, I have a manly face & broad back--passing would be unlikely. But "what good is sitting alone in your room? Come hear the music play!"

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Nicky, welcome to the forum. Wear whatever you want is my motto. For me, wearing women's shorts or jeans, often with pantyhose underneath is a casual staple. I also really like wearing ballet flats and sporty mary-janes. It has gotten to the point that I don't even really think of them as women's clothes, except when I have to go into the women's section to get them. I just find these particular clothes more comfortable.

For some of my styles see...
    http://www.polyvore.com/unisex_style...ion?id=2614857