Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does complimenting other girls in the photo gallery make you gay?

Does complimenting other girls in the photo gallery make you gay?

This is a spinoff on another thread. So we have a bunch of guys in the photo gallery trying to and looking attractive and sometimes sexy. Isn't the point to look attractive? Why else post pictures, right? I find many attractive and I'll tell them but I don't get an erection.

Should we be worried if we are straight and find them attractive?

Are some confusing attraction with sexual attraction?

Just put me in the I don't care category. Much ado about nothing.lol.
    Last edited by Marleena; 08-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.

No, it does not. What makes you gay is the desire to have sex with someone of the same sex. If you want sex with men and women, you're bisexual and if you want sex with someone of the opposite sex, you're heterosexual.

Commenting on how people look or are dressed has nothing to do with it.

It's a spectrum, Marleena. Pure gay is strictly attracted to same sex. Pure hetero is strictly attracted to the opposite sex. Being attracted to CDs and if so, only occasionally or when the CD is young and attractive hence 'passes' particularly well (has plenty of feminine characteristics), is neither strictly gay nor strictly hetero ... not if there is knowledge that the person has a penis.

And then there are people who comment because they appreciate the artistry or the morphing talent, and not because they are sexually attracted.

... although, I can imagine a newbie GG SO getting all worried that her partner may be attracted to men if he compliments another CD. Sometimes it's hard to know the motive behind the comment.
    Reine

I thought that your question was the topic of that other thread? Now to find it and re-read it.

Well, the point of dressing is to feel good, and to me and probably a lot of others, it is to look good, very good, hopefully attractive and maybe sexy. But, we all look in the mirror and see what we see, so that we actually do know the truth. However, fantasizing and dreaming are actually a lot of fun, so, yes, sometimes we see and enjoy something others do not.

I think that you already know the correct answer to this, but I will reply anyway. No, we should not be worried. One sees beauty, attractiveness and sexiness (is that a word?) and should enjoy it. Yes, it may be easy to confuse attraction with sexual attraction, but is it with the image or with the realization that "that beauty is male too"? I believe that there are many Bi-curious, Bi and even gay men out there who may not yet realize it. I think that most gays know it from a young age, But, as we all know, some of us are extremely slow learners.

Personally, I appreciate visual beauty however presented. That in and of itself does not make me gay. So, like you, I really don't give a damn.

Oh! definitely.
    I am nearly happy complimenting girls here.
    Sometimes I express gay tendencies by being as jealous as hell and almost over carcastic at some of the beauty portrayed here.
    Whet is most depressing is when I see a drop dead gorgeous blonde here portraying the most glamourous chick imaginable and I can't look like her any more.
    It is something to make you jump off a cliff or turn gay.
    I could look like that once but now I have lost it...
    I have lost my gaiety too but I have kudos for those young ones that can come up and pull it off.

Do expose yourself now, the window of opportunity is too small to wait till tomorrow.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nothing can make you gay.
    You're either born gay, or not.
    DonnaT

I'm not sure it even has anything to do with attraction, in my case. It is certainly not sexual.
    When I tell another member here that I think they look pretty, I am commenting on their appearance, not my feelings. The same goes for GG's. I have friends and coworkers who I have told that I think they look pretty, but it doesn't mean I want to be in their pants (except for maybe in a very literal sense).
    Stephanie

Recall the Van Morrison line about all the girls dressed up for each other? Well, it's just like that I think. We dress to look attractive, and post photos here (well, I haven't yet) to see what others here think. We seek and grant approval of one another's appearance. Sex has nothing to do with it.

There are, of course, people who simply look at the pictures with a view to deciding how "passable" the person is. It's a purely subjective exercise, devoid of "feelings".

Thinking that a person is pretty or attractive doesn't immediately mean that you find them sexually attractive.

Even if you do find them sexually attractive, I feel like the pictures posted in this forum (at least in the M2F portions) are of people trying to present a feminine image. A person with a male body and heterosexual male mindset finding a display of feminine beauty (either a person with a female body, or a male bodied person displaying a feminine image) attractive is heterosexual, as they being attracted to the traits of the opposite sex, not their own. Now, psychologists might argue that everyone is at least a little bit bisexual, but most either act only on the urges toward the opposite sex or the same sex's traits.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Banned Read only
    Wouldn't that depend on the compliment? "I like your dress," seems innocuous whereas "I want to do you," would seem a clear call.

I think it does make you gay.... but the next time you belch or scratch yourself in public you turn back straight.... there's just that window of vulnerability between the two you have to keep your panties on! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Wouldn't that depend on the compliment? "I like your dress," seems innocuous whereas "I want to do you," would seem a clear call.
    LMAO I don't recall any comments like "I want to do you" in the gallery.

I think you have to sex male on male 7 times to be gay. Any less than that you are just experimenting. And if you swear off gay sex for 1 year you have to re-audition and get three letters of recommendation from other gay people except in June which is National Gay and Lesbian month where all applicants can be accepted if they march in a parade. Other criteria are Screaming in a high pitch "Oh My Gawd Girl!" and saying "Oh no you diint go there", putting your forefinger to your chin and softly saying "Um hmmm" when a construction guy walks by, clapping really fast with your hands in a praying position, knowing ALL the jumps in Olympic skating (and saying Oh gawd I wish he would lift ME with his hand there, he wouldn't need to hold very tight", watching "What Not To Wear" and agreeing with the hosts, ordering any drink with an umbrella and attending and actually staying awake through Evita (extra points for thinking Madonna was the ULTIMATE!).

How to tell if you are gay? You want sex with another man and you enjoy it.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Not necessarily, Jennifer. I have posted similar comments, but not with the true intention or desire to do them. It was in jest and a way of complimenting the person in the pic that they really did a good job and look really good. Again, to me, it is the image presented, not the gender of the person in the image. So, when someone posts "I want to do you", it is not such a clear call to me that they really want to "do" them, but rather just a different way of making a compliment, and I would guess to a lot of others here may think the same way. I would need to read a lot of posts from the same person before I would even hazard a guess as to their gender orientation. I don't judge based on a simple comment like that. That is the beauty and the bane of the English language. It can be quite explicit and sometimes not, being easy to misinterpret or misread what was really intended.

PS: From Lorileah, which says it all, "How to tell if you are gay? You want sex with another man and you enjoy it. ".
    Last edited by AllieSF; 08-12-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Since when does the admiration of beauty (or sexiness) dictate one's orientation. If a Tgirl looks pretty, what is the problem with saying so. If it was a GG, the compliments would be equally non-orientation specific.

I have no, read it NO desire to engage in intimacy with a man, whether en-femme or drab. However, I will always be quick to offer a compliment to a nice looking CD. I enjoy being in their company and they in mine. What does that make me??? HAPPY

Or am I missing something here???

Hugs all you pretty CD's. Robin

LMAO @ Lorileah
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Billie
    You are the best. Cant think of anyone I would want to meet in person but you .Love your commments your attidude and your freedom to be you. Love ya girl. Pittsburgh girl looking for truth. I think I found it lol

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    I like complimenting other CD's ( not 'girls' I have problems with that phoney euphemism), as I like to be complimented myself by them. you, here, and GG's I run into in stores who I tell. Feeds the ego and tells you you're doing something right with makeup, wigs, clothing and deportment. My guys( generic- androgenic)

Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Not necessarily, Jennifer. I have posted similar comments, but not with the true intention or desire to do them.
    PS: From Lorileah, which says it all, "How to tell if you are gay? You want sex with another man and you enjoy it. ".
    Lol.. Allie if you said you wanted to do me I'd take it as a compliment and not homophobic like either but I am TS. It's kinda like "wow you are sexy" or "you're hot".

I think some of us get way too uptight here and that was the point of this thread.
    Last edited by Marleena; 08-12-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think it does make you gay.... but the next time you belch or scratch yourself in public you turn back straight.... there's just that window of vulnerability between the two you have to keep your panties on! lol
    Now that is CLASSIC!!

Nope. When someone looks nice I will tell them plain and simple. That includes both guys and girls dressed as women. I would probably be lying if I said I didn't fantasize about some of the gorgeous guys here but isn't that part of the point in wanting to look nice?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    heck,,,,,,I'd do me,,,,oh wait,,,theres that black hole-conundrum thing again . Anywho,when flipping thru the forum and I see someone pretty,,,I compliment,,,,,sometimes I get a warm,fuzzy feeling
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If you are in man mode and you tell you buddy that pitched a perfect game that he looked great on the mound. It doesnt make you gay. You mearly complimented him. Same here, if somone looks attractive and you want to give them a compliment then that is what you are doing. On the other hand if you see a cd and say " omg you are sexy and I know you are a man, I wanna jump your bones" well then you might want to reconsider your sexuality. I am bi sexual, I think. Not towards regular men but other tgs and cds. Looking at their pictures did not make me that way. I was pretty much born this way. Not a decision I made. Trust me going through life pure hetero would be alot easier.
    Erica

Interesting, I am gay and that is the reason I rarely compliment on picture gallery area, I really don't want to give a wrong signal because the Straight and non straight CD may think I am attracted to them and I am not really attracted to either one