Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does complimenting other girls in the photo gallery make you gay?

Quote Originally Posted by dragdoll View Post
    The homophobic/straight-married-dad mentality around here is getting really tiresome.
    Damn right, the holier than thou attitudes on this forum make me so mad sometimes. I just don't understand it, we're supposed to be a support forum to support everyone here, but some people just think they are right and that's it... they aren't right...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

A compliment is a compliment, does not matter whether it's from a guy or girl, don't have to take it any other way.

Banned Read only
    I post pics in which I try to look like a GG. As long as it is honest, I appreciate both positive and negative feedback. Compliments are great but they tell me nothing about the commenter's social proclivities. We are playing at pretending we are women. A sincere compliment says only that we more or less succeeded.

Of course not. I compliment others all the time and I know for sure I'm not gay. I've just given up on women.

GG / SO of a CD
    Hi Marleena,

I agree with ReineD, and add "from a New GG SO" perspective, I have no problem with my SO commenting on any ones level of attractiveness (whether that attractive person in question is MTF CD, TS, GG, GM, anyone, etc.)

I have been known to comment (frequently) about people I think are attractive that my SO and I see out and about (the grocery store, walking by, in a restaurant, anywhere) ...but it does not mean that I am attracted to them in a sexual manner. To me it's just an acknowledgement of something you like i.e. a persons outfit, their hair, even something I myself might want to emulate in the future. Quite frankly I enjoy hearing what my SO finds attractive on other women and other CDs,,, it make it easier for me to shop for him because I then know what he likes, hehe.

Thanks for that Lola. Nice to hear another GG's view.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'll compare admiring and responding to pictures in the gallery to a typical college sports team weight room or locker room in which I spent lots of time during my college days. I'll also try and answer this without sounding too gay or anything, because my heterosexual membership could possibly be revoked. When in male mode during my heavy lifting days not only I but several other guys would often compliment how we looked body wise.

By complimenting someone on their pecs, biceps, triceps, abs, calves, thighs, overall physique and strength. Now in giving the compliments and in receiving there was no sexual attraction involved. The compliments were based out of a true respect and admiration to the persons dedication to muscle development.

At no point was I fantasizing about taking long hot showers with my lifting partners while giving them congrats. I will just assume they had the same thoughts when giving me compliments, although they might have really been attracted to me which I would not have had no issues or problems with because I did not have any attraction towards guys. Now putting this into the gallery comments sections, it's basically the same thing, when I give compliments it is again towards respecting the effort, dedication, and hard work that the member has put into their presentation.

Obviously my terminology will be more subdued with a lot less testosterone and at least will be attempting to replicate a more feminized praise. For example the weight room compliment. "Yo dog, flex again, man you are Diesel Bro!! Man yo, you got a 6 pack going on there, flex again!! Come to think that actually sounded very gay, oh well exclusive heterosexual club membership.

Versus the Gallery compliment, "I really love your dress in that picture, you also have a gorgeous smile. You have legs to die for and I love your shoes I am so jealous!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Funny thing is that I see my CD girlfriends as girls. Of course I know the truth, I just don't acknowledge it when we're all out dressed. None of us really wants to see the others in drab. It's a well done illusion and we all like it that way!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I compliment ladies on their pictures in the pictures forum all the time. I also love getting compliments when I post pictures there.

I don't see it as "gay." I'm in my "Amy" mindset when making my comments, so I see it as just one lady complimenting another, nothing sexual intended. I do try to focus on specific elements, such as the style of a lady's outfit, or the way her dress flatters her figure, or her shoes, or her jewelry, or makeup, or hair, or the way she's posed. That's especially true if I can relate it to my own experience in some way, such as "I would totally wear that dress!" or "I have a pair of shoes a lot like that!" or "I like the big, dangly earrings, too!" or "I wish I could get my eyeliner to look like that!"

It's the same sort of phenomenon as I encounter when I go to my monthly meetups: I don't see myself or anyone in the pictures as "men," I see us all as women.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    No, it does not. What makes you gay is the desire to have sex with someone of the same sex. If you want sex with men and women, you're bisexual and if you want sex with someone of the opposite sex, you're heterosexual.

Commenting on how people look or are dressed has nothing to do with it.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think it does make you gay.... but the next time you belch or scratch yourself in public you turn back straight.... there's just that window of vulnerability between the two you have to keep your panties on! lol
    Now that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I think you have to sex male on male 7 times to be gay. Any less than that you are just experimenting. And if you swear off gay sex for 1 year you have to re-audition and get three letters of recommendation from other gay people except in June which is National Gay and Lesbian month where all applicants can be accepted if they march in a parade. Other criteria are Screaming in a high pitch "Oh My Gawd Girl!" and saying "Oh no you diint go there", putting your forefinger to your chin and softly saying "Um hmmm" when a construction guy walks by, clapping really fast with your hands in a praying position, knowing ALL the jumps in Olympic skating (and saying Oh gawd I wish he would lift ME with his hand there, he wouldn't need to hold very tight", watching "What Not To Wear" and agreeing with the hosts, ordering any drink with an umbrella and attending and actually staying awake through Evita (extra points for thinking Madonna was the ULTIMATE!).

How to tell if you are gay? You want sex with another man and you enjoy it.
    OMG I think I just peed my panties

Platinum Member
    Hi Marleena, When I compliment someone on this forum I see them as a lady not a guy in a dress.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Marleena, When I compliment someone on this forum I see them as a lady not a guy in a dress.
    I don't really know why but it brings a special joy to me when people compliment me without acknowledging me as a lady, woman or a female. Not to mention that I feel more comfortable in responding to the compliment. The best compliment ever made to me was by a straight male friend in the local kink/bdsm community - "When you are dressed as PC, you make one sexy guy with hot legs" (PC is abreviation nickname given by that community)
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 08-16-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Damn right, the holier than thou attitudes on this forum make me so mad sometimes. I just don't understand it, we're supposed to be a support forum to support everyone here, but some people just think they are right and that's it... they aren't right...
    I'm glad to see a few others agree. I posted a reply earlier to this thread trying to make light of it, but I find it hard to imagine myself, a genetic male, sitting at my pc wearing a dress, and worrying if a compliment I wrote on this board will be perceived as "gay"....

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post

Commenting on how people look or are dressed has nothing to do with it.
    Very true, If man can pass complements on another man but is not gay then I see it as he's very comfortable with his sexuality and only decent quality men are like that...sadly they are very few and far between as most are narrow minded when it comes to compliments & sexuality, I'm bisexual so lol obviously it doesn't affect me if I think a man's attractive I will say it to his face.
    Last edited by CrossJess; 08-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Complimenting someone on their appearance has nothing to do with being straight, gay, bisexual or trisexual. As a male, I am perfectly capable of noticing how another male could look good and be attractive to women. Problem for me was that when I was in the dating market, there were too damned many of them around!

So lets drop the guilt and appreciate!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericaxd View Post
    Recall the Van Morrison line about all the girls dressed up for each other? Well, it's just like that I think. We dress to look attractive, and post photos here (well, I haven't yet) to see what others here think. We seek and grant approval of one another's appearance. Sex has nothing to do with it.
    I agree with this 100%. I appreciate the time that it took for a sister to get fully done up and take a few pictures to share. If the outfits or appearance is good I take the time to tell them that they look good but there is no sexual attraction there. Getting jealous that a girl has a pair of heels I would like to have or has better legs than I do also warrants a response but that isn't sexual either in my book. Women compliment other women all the time, why shouldn't we?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena
    Does complimenting other girls in the photo gallery make you gay? Just put me in the I don't care category.
    It’s complicated. If a male is attracted to a male dressed as a woman, I don’t think you can see that as a GAY attraction, especially if the MtF crossdresser is putting himself (herself) forward AS a woman. There’s a lot of discussion on this site about actually becoming a woman, or feeling like one, or some variation thereof, when you dress, so it follows that you have theoretically and temporarily left your birth gender behind. If a heterosexual male sees an image of a female, no matter what the actual gender of that person might be, he is “acting” as a heterosexual

However, what if a crossdressed male compliments another MtF crossdresser, based on her pictures? It may be just a compliment, knowing full well how difficult it is to achieve such a transformation, or the person may simply sympathize with the other crossdresser and tell her what she longs to hear. On the other hand, if a non-crossdressed male compliments another non-crossdressed male, even though one or both may be crossdressers in their alternate world, I think it’s safe to say that that qualifies as a compliment with homosexual overtones…

Personally, I don’t look at the picture gallery, probably because I DO care. I don’t have any pictures there, even though I could. I’ve received many compliments that I would say were “gay” in nature, but I welcomed them. Imagination is a wonderful thing, you know…

Sorry Freddy, I totally disagree with "On the other hand, if a non-crossdressed male compliments another non-crossdressed male, even though one or both may be crossdressers in their alternate world, I think it’s safe to say that that qualifies as a compliment with homosexual overtones…" I am straight, not that there is anything wrong with that, and have complimented other men on their looks, physiques, hair styles and clothing selections. So, now you are telling me that those compliments qualifies me to be considered as gay? Or, explain what you mean by "gay overtones". Please clarify.

You're only gay if when you "look under the hood" you hope to find a stick shift...

Thanks for the great replies girls, you never disappoint. Most of you caught on to the light hearted nature of this thread.

You see the majority of us do not care if you're gay, Bi, lez, straight or whatever. Being MTF/FTM is the final frontier in gender issues and the least understood anyways. Also remember you just don't suddenly turn gay although you may find you're bi when dressed and feeling like a lady.

So if I ever post pictures again in the photo gallery you better compliment them! Hell you can even hit on me if you want but don't overdo it. Oh and if get get excited seeing a picture of you as a girl I won't worry because I'm secure in my own sexuality and I'm not a creeper.lol. It just means you're convincing. Let's just have fun!

When I come here, I am mentally a female, and usually dressed as such. So If I see a photo and find that person attractive, it's not in a sexual way.

Does that make sense?

Mostly, it's how you look as a female. How well you appear to "pass".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Of course it does Linda.. I think some here just get too uptight. Some of the younger girls may just be discovering and exploring their sexuality. Most of us older chicks have found our place. Besides a fantasy is just a fantasy.

I think it would depend on how you find them attractive.If you like what you see and just say that look very nice your straight. if you look and say I'd like to have that you may be gay hun.
    Angie

Ah but Angie I'm TS so if I get turned it makes me straight. I'm lesbian so it does get confusing sometimes.

Considering that we're men wearing high-heels, skirts, makeup and bras, are we really going to put down people who live other alternative lifestyles? Are we really in a position to bash gays and worry that we may be one?

If crossdressing has taught me anything, it's that we should all be a little more tollerant.

Hugs,
    Staci