Thread: Purge triggers and what made you dress again?

Purge triggers and what made you dress again?

I've seen the threads talking about what triggers your CDing, but I'm curious to know what has triggered your purges (if any) and what thoughts, feelings, events, etc. moved you beyond the purge(s) and back to dressing?

For me, purges have come when my self esteem was really low. During my dating years, I would sometimes purge after beginning to date a new girl because I felt CDing made me less of a man and I didn't want that on my mind while dating. Eventually I would become comfortable in the relationship and the urge to CD would return. I tend to CD when things are at a certain "comfort level" in my life, but I tend to put CDing on hold when that comfort level drops. If it really drops for whatever reason, then a purge sometimes occurs.
    Alesha

Purging from my point of view occurs when you come across another interest such as new company.
    Because of all the new activity created dressing takes a back seat until life settles down again.
    Then it is back with a vengeance as a certain amount of boredom sets in.
    I suggest you don't purge but store it all in a plastic bag until the distraction passes.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-13-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: i moved it ;)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have not purged in a very long time. In my teens, I purged because of feelings of shame and guilt. But early on in my twenties, I realized I had nothing to be shameful or guilty about and stopped purging. I just thought about it logically: Cross-dressing in the privacy of my own home doesn't hurt me and it doesn't hurt anyone else, so why should it be considered harmful or immoral?

I have purged a few times and each time have regretted the decision soon after. It will cost you more money to replace the purged items and you will lose some of your favourite clothes, shoes, boots etc. Not recommended as Beverley said store them away in case (was going to say for when) you want to dress again.

When I stop taking my medication..... my crossdressing just fades away and I don't care if I keep my things or not.... Just proved this again last month when I stopped for 4 weeks to see if my meds were affecting my attempt at additional breast growth.... but by the end of the month I really didn't care if I even had breasts let alone clothes to cover them... lol ... Its just too strange......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    When I stop taking my medication..... Its just too strange......
    Karren maybe you need to tell the drug manufacturer about this. They can add it to the list of possible side effects. You know like may cause insomnia or drowsiness, hyperactivity or tiredness.....

I can't purge, it would cost me a fortune. I have over 150 dresses, over 50 skirts, as many tops, 20 pairs of shoes...

But I can tell you why I decided to be out and not hide anymore, losing someone and figuring out that life is short. You should do what makes you happy while here
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Karren maybe you need to tell the drug manufacturer about this. They can add it to the list of possible side effects. You know like may cause insomnia or drowsiness, hyperactivity or tiredness.....

I can't purge, it would cost me a fortune. I have over 150 dresses, over 50 skirts, as many tops, 20 pairs of shoes...
    apparently I'm not the oyster one with this issue .... http://treato.com/Bromocriptine,Obsessed/?a=s
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    My last....and final purge was in 2008,when my Father died from cancer,the guilt at that time was just to much to handle,since then I've accepted my little quirk and feel it has actually made me more sensitive to things in life,in general
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alesha, I identify with the guilt, somewhat, and emotions as the purge triggers. In those days I was still sorting out who or what I was, my orientation or sexuality. Suppose it took a few of these emotional rides to help me figure things out.

Now that I have sorted out who and what I am, there will be no need to purge again. Just so sad, the lovely things that have gone bye bye in the trash. While it does provide space for new clothing and accessories, some personal favorites are particularly missed.

Perhaps this is a rite of passage for some CD's. Too bad I did not have the benefit of this group's consul and support before. At least others can learn from my and the groups experiences and purge to a storage place rather than the trash.

Hugs, Robin

I'd noticed a definite slowdown in your posting in that past while, Karren..This may explain it..I assume you're back taking them again..And I'm also assuming they are anti-depressants.. Glad to have you back...I missed you..Jackie
    Jackie

Honestly, usually it's been moving. And I'm considering taking a job overseas, which means it's up again. Except this time, I have a fair bit of stuff .

In the circumstances people usually mention, I've generally stored stuff away.

Mostly I've only done reductions.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alesha, I guess that I'm lucky to be A Pack Rat I can't bring myself to ever purge.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've gotten sick of it and I've threatened to give it all away to charity.. My wife won't let me.
    I did however donate 8 big bags of clothes a few months ago when I had a friend help me organize my wardrobe, That was a massive help and there's still more to go. (only the things I don't or can't wear though)
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.