Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The inextricable link between CDers and Gay people...

I am gay and CD and while is true that not all the crossdresers are gay, there is a lot of Fem Queens out there but the gay movement is toward the called straight acting behavior

Why does the questions and answers so far sound so much like, "Yes, I have done that before, or gone there before, or know a gay person, or a lesbian or a Mtf TS pre or post Op, or the same for a FtM," et al into infinity and beyond, with a bunch of blue smurfs, blue eye shadow and whatever? Before I always tried to respond to these types of questions as everyone else has so far. But, I was questioned once by a good friend (with no descriptor) about why I felt the need to mention that my friend was black, or gay or TS, or whatever. That was a good eye opener to me and a better question than the ones asked here since we in in the end are all human beings that look and act different. It actually does sound much better when I remember to say "My friend in San Francisco and I did ....". I am trying to train myself to use that instead of trying to define in more detail who or what that friend is, since there is no good reasons to do it. It is definitely not easy and is taking me a lot of time to even get to the 50/50 point where I leave out the unneeded descriptor. So, those people who know me, know the types of friends I may have. Enough said.

PS: Wild, I am not trying to derail this thread and topic, but thought that this thread would be a good opportunity to bring up this side topic.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 08-13-2013 at 07:26 PM.

I never thought much about it. Doesn't matter to me who someone loves.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I am pretty well imbedded in the local gay community. I have served on the board of local gay community center and was also their treasurer. So I have a lot of gay friends. I like to think I do a good job of representing the “T” of LGBT.

Patti
    Last edited by patti.jean; 08-19-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I never really counted my gay friends. I have at least two gay cousins, and I'm estimating 15 or so gay friends. Some are closer than others. Most were fairly obvious, and many told me. And as many of you know I'm a married, straight guy.

Banned Read only
    I work with over 150 guys so the odds are that at least 2 or 3 are gay? Not one "seems" like they might be gay from any outward appearances or mannerisms or voices, which is why I make the assumption that "most" will appear to be just another ordinary guy. Maybe people are just more guarded at work?

I have straight friends, gay friends, and friends whose orientation I do not know. I really don't care because I don't intend to have sexual relationships with them.

Casual acquaintances might thing that I am gay because of quirks in my grooming. I really don't care about that either. Let them think what they want.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife and I have a number of gay friends. The first gay person I new personally was my wife's best friend in college, who came out to her afterward. Then a second friend of hers came out. Although both are a little effeminate, I don't think she knew in college, but started to suspect before each came out. I then met the boyfriends of each man. Neither was as effeminate as my wife's friends. One of them was really cool, no different from some of my best friends. Since then I have had a work colleague who I realized was gay when he talked about his partner Ray. My wife worked for someone who is gay. I've joined the LGBT organization at my work, ostensibly as an "ally" and met many more gay, lesbian, and bi people. The fact is gay people are as diverse as any other people. Some are flaming, some are macho, some are introverts, others extroverts, etc. Most of those I've met have been really nice, although a few can be jerks.