Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best and worst CD movie survey

Best and worst CD movie survey

I woiuld like to find the best and worst CD movies of all time. Can we do a survey to find which movie is rated best and which is worst.

3 points. Kinky Boots. UK movie about a shoe factory in the UK that almost went bankrupt until they found a niche market. Based on a true story.

2 points. Rocky horror picture show

1 point. Priscilla queen of the desert.

Ellie

Freebie and the Bean.... a CD you love to hate

Banned Read only
    As best as I can recall, I have only seen one. Given all the violence that a typical American 6 year old has likely already seen, I think "The Crying Game" should be required viewing for all first graders as well as for any "adults" who have not seen it. ESPECIALLY the folks here who appear to obsess over who/what/when THEY find another Human "attractive".

I give it ten points out of 5. Some may argue over semantics as far as CDer, undoubtedly.

I'd put Priscilla up there with Kinky Boots. Heartwarming story.

On the bottom, I'd put any movie where the whacked-out killer ducks into hiding and emerges a few seconds later as a perfectly passable woman. Aw, heck, just any movie where the wrongdoer is portrayed as a CDer!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Eryn
    Does Norman Bates count in that category?....Ellie

To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (1995), 5 points out of a possible 10

How about Connie and Carla....would that count since it is more of a drag queen movie? I rate it 9 out of 10 points.

Ellie,
    Familiarity breeds contempt where Aussie movies are concerned for Australians.
    They do enjoy greater popularity in the UK. and US.
    I agree CD wise Priscilla is more camp than most.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sorority Boys - very funny comedy

Rocky Horror has a place in my heart simply because it was a place where I could go dressed. It had such a cult following but during a time when crossdressing was NOT accepted, especially here in Texas I have to give it credit for at least breaking the ice and opening the door a little for girls of our persuasion. Having recently seen Kinky Boots I'm going to rate as a sweet movie however more geared toward the drag queen side of our fence rather than cd, tg, or its. Still I enjoyed the movie. Those are my number 1and 2 respectively.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Switched
    Victor, Victoria
    Tootsie
    Mrs. Doubtfire
    She's the man (FtM)

And an honorable mention goes to Kissing Jessica Stein, which is really an L movie, not a T.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 08-13-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'd nominate "Some Like it Hot" for best, and maybe "Silence of the Lambs" for worst?
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I agree "Some Like it Hot" one of the best and it also had the benefit of Marilyn Monroe, unfortunately there has been a number of bad crossdressing movies.

Can't say I've seen a bad one, but a really sad one comes to mind - Boys Don't Cry, Brandon Teena
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Kinky Boots was great, never seen Rocky Horror. Some Like it Hot is hilarious and a classic. And Mrs Doubtfire.

Sorority Boys has some funny moments but overall ... meh.

Hit and Miss, a mini series is the best TS movie I've seen.

Rocky Horror is the classic CD cult movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Smith View Post
    maybe "Silence of the Lambs" for worst?
    Puts a whole new meaning to "Am I getting under you skin".........Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    just any movie where the wrongdoer is portrayed as a CDer!
    Ace Ventura: Pet Detective comes to mind....

Best movie? I have to give that to The Crying Game as it was a true depiction that many of us have endured.

My number 2 would be The Rocky Horror Picture Show as it was just so much fun and judging by the number of theatres that show it on a semi-regular basis a true cult classic!

The worst is To Wong Foo. it was just a bad movie cding or not!

I'm surprised it took up to 10 girls here before Tootsie got a mention and then only once. My number one would be Tootsie. for worst Dr Jeckle and Mrs Hyde. With to many to mention in between.

Exactly Amanda How about Tootsie, I give it a 10!

I liked Sorority Boys. So dumb that it`s funny

Accidentally stomped onto *To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar* title on IMDB, been wanting to see it, have not yet.

Kinky Boots was 5/10, did not really do it for me ;p

Have not seen Peacock yet, I think it might be interesting. That actor (he must have ballz) and Susan Sarandon = Classiness.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    :Some like it Hot" and "Tootsie" go to the top of my list along with "To Wong Foof Thans for Everything, Julie Newmar"
    I did like "Kinky Boots" somewhat but didn't think it was that wonderful of a movie. There were some others that were ok that I have seen but nothing that really got my attention
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I am really surprised that no one mentioned "Just Like a Woman" which in my opinion is the ONLY true CDing movie in recent memory. I personally do not consider campy drag as CDing. I do like Tootsie and TWFTVYEJN. I personally did not care for Priscilla as I cannot deal with such over the top campy drag. IMO, that type of portrayal is exactly why genuine CDers have such a hard time being accepted by the vanilla world.

Either the best or the worst is the 1953 film Glen or Glenda by Ed Wood. Really something you cannot unsee.

You can actually watch it in its entirety on Youtube.
    Last edited by Zylia; 08-14-2013 at 05:55 AM.

I forgot about Transamerica. There were some really good scene in it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.